PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-14-2008, 11:46 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

fenton is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Not happy with 6800, Looking at Verizon 700wx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vycor View Post
not looking for a few guys who are unhappy with their lives and decide to yell "you shouldnt text while driving" grow up fellas
Classic. "Grow up! don't tell me not to text while driving!"
Old 03-14-2008, 01:57 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: XV6800, TP2
Carrier: VZW

Pasukun is a n00b

Quote:
So I had a Treo 650 and decided time to upgrade. So I upgraded to the Verizon 6800. What a powerfull little phone. However, im not happy with it.

I text message, a lot... and its very hard to text message with this phone. The keyboards nice but I do a LOT of driving, and its impossible. Also, sorting through contacts, is a pain. Even with that nifty i-pod style scanning feature, its very hard.

Ive been looking at the Verizon 700WX now... any real downsides to the WX besides it not having the slide out keyboard and screen size? I dont care bout the camera, i have a real nikon camera for pictures... any other downfalls? I see it has windows mobile 5.0... is that such a big difference compared to 6.1???

Have you tried TouchPal?
It might take some time getting use to it, but once you do.. you can type one hand operated real fast.
Old 03-14-2008, 07:16 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

Vycor is a n00b

Well today I decided to go with a 700... then after work when I got back from a client, I decided to keep my 6800... why..

I do POS systems for a living. I had a client who had wireless issues with his laptop on his network... so i took out my 6800 and i was able to troubleshoot the wifi... that right there was a great feature.

Text messaging, im getting used to it... but the response time seems a lil slow and lagged for me is all, thats my main concern
Old 03-14-2008, 07:26 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: iPhone4
Carrier: AT&T

Certs is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Well today I decided to go with a 700... then after work when I got back from a client, I decided to keep my 6800... why..

I do POS systems for a living. I had a client who had wireless issues with his laptop on his network... so i took out my 6800 and i was able to troubleshoot the wifi... that right there was a great feature.

Text messaging, im getting used to it... but the response time seems a lil slow and lagged for me is all, thats my main concern
Try a different input method...when talking proper English TENGO THUMB was a favorite of mine. Not everyone thought so, but I liked it
Old 03-14-2008, 07:31 PM
N00b

mrbawm is a n00b

Try actually paying attention while you're driving before you kill someone. I'm sure your text messages are more important than other people's lives.
Old 03-14-2008, 07:54 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: Verizon

kraygh is just getting started

Have you considered one of the many Blackberry models and plans?

It just seems you aren't making good use of the capabilities of a WM PPC.
For me, I NEED the conveniences of the USB chargeing and Activesync, Wifi, Excel, and now GPS.
If texting is one of your biggest conserns, then theres many standard phones that have full keyboards. My wife uses Verizon's enV because of the easy texting. The Voyager sounds right up your alley too.

Treos always seemed to be one step away from a smart phone to me, anyway.
Old 03-14-2008, 08:07 PM
VIP & Master of my Domain
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4g

stroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIP

Maybe you should wait for the 800w to come out. By then, you might choose to keep your 6800 or you can get the 800w.

Old 03-14-2008, 08:25 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy Note 2

bkhoste knows their stuffbkhoste knows their stuffbkhoste knows their stuffbkhoste knows their stuffbkhoste knows their stuffbkhoste knows their stuff

Quote:
You guys are pretty negative... im looking for some real info here, for those who have used both... not looking for a few guys who are unhappy with their lives and decide to yell "you shouldnt text while driving" grow up fellas
LOL Grow up fellas, yet you are the moron who is driving and texting. Who said trying to make an idiot who is texting when HE SHOULD BE DRIVING means I am unhappy with my life? I tell ya what FELLA, I will grow up when you get some brains. As for your little info, do a damn search. Hey, maybe you can do the search while your fat *** is eating, while texting, changing the radio station and trying to get your head out of your ***!
Gadget/Phone History: Motorola DynaTAC 8000x; Casio BOSS; Palm Vx; Palm m130; Palm Tungsten T; Sanyo 7300; Sanyo Katana; PPC-6700; Titan; Mogul; Touch Pro, Palm Pre; HTC EVO, Motorola Photon; Samsung Galaxy Note 2 .
Old 03-14-2008, 08:36 PM
The Pusher Man
Pocket PC: BB
Carrier: Sprint - Simply Everything

Lsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Buy a Iphone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkhoste View Post
LOL Grow up fellas, yet you are the moron who is driving and texting. Who said trying to make an idiot who is texting when HE SHOULD BE DRIVING means I am unhappy with my life? I tell ya what FELLA, I will grow up when you get some brains. As for your little info, do a damn search. Hey, maybe you can do the search while your fat *** is eating, while texting, changing the radio station and trying to get your head out of your ***!
Fight nice fellas. No need for name calling.....It will just get the thread closed.

Last edited by Lsme420; 03-14-2008 at 08:38 PM.
Old 03-14-2008, 08:37 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HD2
Carrier: Tmoe

eosrider is a n00b

sell you 6800 to me. i only have a 6700 lol
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan