PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-14-2008, 10:35 AM
Lurker

Vycor is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Not happy with 6800, Looking at Verizon 700wx

So I had a Treo 650 and decided time to upgrade. So I upgraded to the Verizon 6800. What a powerfull little phone. However, im not happy with it.

I text message, a lot... and its very hard to text message with this phone. The keyboards nice but I do a LOT of driving, and its impossible. Also, sorting through contacts, is a pain. Even with that nifty i-pod style scanning feature, its very hard.

Ive been looking at the Verizon 700WX now... any real downsides to the WX besides it not having the slide out keyboard and screen size? I dont care bout the camera, i have a real nikon camera for pictures... any other downfalls? I see it has windows mobile 5.0... is that such a big difference compared to 6.1???
Old 03-14-2008, 10:38 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: sprint hero
Carrier: sprint

98classic is keeping up the good work98classic is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to 98classic
Re: Not happy with 6800, Looking at Verizon 700wx

maybe you should ask in a treo forum.
Old 03-14-2008, 10:43 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Mogul
Carrier: Sprint

mgarcia9294 is a n00b

You shouldn't be doing those things while driving unless you are looking for an accident
Old 03-14-2008, 11:02 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: sprint hero
Carrier: sprint

98classic is keeping up the good work98classic is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to 98classic

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgarcia9294 View Post
You shouldn't be doing those things while driving unless you are looking for an accident
yea that too. i'm a truck driver and people texting while driving are the dumbest people alive. yes, from experience i could say this.
Old 03-14-2008, 11:15 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

Vycor is a n00b

You guys are pretty negative... im looking for some real info here, for those who have used both... not looking for a few guys who are unhappy with their lives and decide to yell "you shouldnt text while driving" grow up fellas
Old 03-14-2008, 11:19 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint

davidgelb is just getting started

Vycor...
This is the 6800 forum....most people here have and use the 6800 and love it. If you are looking for advice on the 700wx, you would probably be better going to that forum. I think you will probably get more responses to your question there since they are more familiar with that device.

Good luck and I hope you find what you need.

-David
Old 03-14-2008, 11:31 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTV EEVVVOOOOO, and a BB tour
Carrier: sprint..and umm...PPCGEEKZ!!

Success100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to Success100 Send a message via Yahoo to Success100

ill help u out. I owned a treo 700wx on alltel. I wont get to in-depth but here are the pros/cons vs ppc6800:

treo 700wx- GREAT PHONE(call quality, speaker volume, etc.) Exposed keyboard, palm tweaks and customizations, plenty of free ram, very very quick and responsive, GREAT BATTERY LIFE. So so camera, BUT bulky, no wifi, no a2dp out of box, 240x240 screen, (this blows compared to other WM phones), WM5.(NOT NECESSARILY A BAD THING). Its a great phone though, while I owned it, i loved it, but then the ppc6800 came out..(i came from a 6700 b4 the treo)

ppc6800: 2.8inch screen, 320x240, very bright, great keyboard(slide out). Plenty of hard buttons, wifi, gps and rev.a, so so camera with flash, micro sd, sleek design, PLENTY of geek support and upgrades, so so battery, the list goes on and on...
-cons: lacks ram!!! you have to manage your memory on the 6800, whereas the 700wx has no memory issues.
-tiny sounding earpiece and speakerphone, (there are tweaks for this though)
there are more but im gonna sum things up for ya:

The treo 700wx is more of a phone first, with wm5 included, thats very good at pretty much everything, but because of its age, lacks alot of newer features(good example ability to use GPS and EVdo Rev A). It works great out of the box, but has an awful screen.

The ppc6800 is more of a computer first, then incorporates a phone. It has every possible radio you can think of,(wifi, bt, etc.) a great, large screen, tons of support from us, ability to be customized and upgraded beyond your wildest dreams, a great slide out keyboard, and a bunch more. Has gps and Evdo rev A. The phone portion works, but isnt the greatest but you gain o much more.

Id say if you have to keep it for two years, go with the 6800. It has bugs, but is the most powerful CDMA windows mobile phone out. The things that this phone can do are simply amazing. Pm me if u want more help with this

ALL HAIL SUCCESS100!!! lol!
Old 03-14-2008, 11:32 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: iPhone4
Carrier: AT&T

Certs is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidgelb View Post
Vycor...
This is the 6800 forum....most people here have and use the 6800 and love it. If you are looking for advice on the 700wx, you would probably be better going to that forum. I think you will probably get more responses to your question there since they are more familiar with that device.

Good luck and I hope you find what you need.

-David
Yeah, that just about sums it up.

If you ask this question on a 6800 forum, people will tell you to stick with this device. Because they own it and love it.

If you ask on the 700wx forum, they will tell you to get it immediately! For the same reason.

Threads like this always go the same way. bottom line is each device has different qualities that suit different people. The treo is a little smaller, easier on the hand, better for one-handed use. BUT, the mogul has a faster processor, GPS, Rev A, a larger screen for better video (esp with Slingbox), etc. Which would you prefer? We don't know, thats something you have to decide for yourself. Sorry but tha's the absolute best answer you're gonna get here
Old 03-14-2008, 11:38 AM
dearls

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Well if a 700wx is what you are looking for I have one thats 5 months old for sale PM me and we can talk details, have the cradle, extra battery, cases, wifi card and more
Old 03-14-2008, 11:40 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

vossco32 is a n00b

I used a Treo 700wx for about 2 weeks between when I had to give up my Apache and before my 6800 arrived. I don't do allot of texting, but I write quite a few e-mails and I much prefer the keyboard of the 6800. We have a few people at work who wouldn't give up their Treos for anything because of the keyboard so it seems to just be a personal preference/what you are used to. The screen size is smaller so scrolling is much more prevalent. As far as contacts, it will have the same CM as the the 6800 since they are both WM phones. I hardly ever use the CM when dialing phone numbers as the smart dialing works awesome. I would stick with the 6800 if it was my decision. It is a far superior device in my opinion.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan