View Single Post
Old 03-14-2008, 11:31 AM
Success100
VIP Member

Success100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to Success100 Send a message via Yahoo to Success100
Re: Not happy with 6800, Looking at Verizon 700wx

ill help u out. I owned a treo 700wx on alltel. I wont get to in-depth but here are the pros/cons vs ppc6800:

treo 700wx- GREAT PHONE(call quality, speaker volume, etc.) Exposed keyboard, palm tweaks and customizations, plenty of free ram, very very quick and responsive, GREAT BATTERY LIFE. So so camera, BUT bulky, no wifi, no a2dp out of box, 240x240 screen, (this blows compared to other WM phones), WM5.(NOT NECESSARILY A BAD THING). Its a great phone though, while I owned it, i loved it, but then the ppc6800 came out..(i came from a 6700 b4 the treo)

ppc6800: 2.8inch screen, 320x240, very bright, great keyboard(slide out). Plenty of hard buttons, wifi, gps and rev.a, so so camera with flash, micro sd, sleek design, PLENTY of geek support and upgrades, so so battery, the list goes on and on...
-cons: lacks ram!!! you have to manage your memory on the 6800, whereas the 700wx has no memory issues.
-tiny sounding earpiece and speakerphone, (there are tweaks for this though)
there are more but im gonna sum things up for ya:

The treo 700wx is more of a phone first, with wm5 included, thats very good at pretty much everything, but because of its age, lacks alot of newer features(good example ability to use GPS and EVdo Rev A). It works great out of the box, but has an awful screen.

The ppc6800 is more of a computer first, then incorporates a phone. It has every possible radio you can think of,(wifi, bt, etc.) a great, large screen, tons of support from us, ability to be customized and upgraded beyond your wildest dreams, a great slide out keyboard, and a bunch more. Has gps and Evdo rev A. The phone portion works, but isnt the greatest but you gain o much more.

Id say if you have to keep it for two years, go with the 6800. It has bugs, but is the most powerful CDMA windows mobile phone out. The things that this phone can do are simply amazing. Pm me if u want more help with this

ALL HAIL SUCCESS100!!! lol!