PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-18-2008, 06:14 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint Sero w/ Custom ROM

celsius0010 is keeping up the good workcelsius0010 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Encountering Other Titan Users

In so cal I always see people with the mogul at least a few times a week.. people dont use regular phones very much out here you see ALOT of centros thats probably the most alot of black berries.. you see iphones alot too oh yea sidekicks all day long lol
Old 10-23-2008, 08:24 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Nexus One
Carrier: TMO

timothydonohue is just getting started

i see them occasionally. and, the first thing i do is send LED killer. that's their biggest complaint, lol.

"it blinks ALL the time...sniffle" they say
Old 10-23-2008, 08:29 PM
morsus mihi
Pocket PC: iPhone 4
Carrier: AT&T

schettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Lots of iPhones around here (bay area, very near the Apple Reality Vortex) or your basic flips. Saw a mogul ad in an airport, and I think I spied one on TV. Never in the wild. Actually, other then iPhones I don't think I've seen any SmartPhones in the wild.
Old 10-23-2008, 09:00 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Hero
Carrier: Sprint

Unprezz is a n00b

I see them all the time.... I install cable for comcast so I go into a lot of different households.

Old 10-24-2008, 12:24 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: ATT right now.

netw3rkd is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberius85 View Post
Seems like a very big reason why the iphone is so popular: everybody knows exactly what it can do, not many people know what a PPC can do.
so I live in Maine, do IT on the side of my "normal" job. 'nother geek buddy of mine wanted an iphone, he called me today, he's currently got a blackberry through USCC (i go through them too), and well the iphone is only on ATT up here, and their signal really sucks, so obviously uscc is the best up here as far as signal goes. Long story short, i've got him hooked on buying a Titan. He's already syched to hack it up. So then he'll be the only person i've seen around here with one. Other than a couple guys on HoFo who live here, but I haven't seen them, only talked on the 'net to 'em.
Old 10-24-2008, 09:16 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2
Carrier: Verizon

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

Upstate NY here, I see TONS of iphones around here (4 guys I work with have them).

I'm not sure I've ever seen another Titan around here although I see TONS of Blackberries.

~John
Old 10-24-2008, 09:20 AM
morsus mihi
Pocket PC: iPhone 4
Carrier: AT&T

schettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Ah true, crackberries I see too. Mostly on flights, you see the crackberrys on boarding and landing
Old 10-24-2008, 09:21 AM
Tweety...Bear (chick)
Pocket PC: EVO
Carrier: Sprint

TweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on repTweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on repTweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on repTweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on repTweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on repTweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on repTweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on repTweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on repTweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on repTweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on repTweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to TweetyBear Send a message via Yahoo to TweetyBear

i see a few titans at school but they are not as tricked out as mine. and every other phone is regular flips phone! omg! i feel like i'm among cavemen with them lol

Old 10-28-2008, 06:10 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: sprint

knewBee4lyfe is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to knewBee4lyfe

hahaha... i work as customer service for a cell phone company, i get 3 types of callers.

1) the funny thing is, lots of parents buy these phones for thier 9-11 year old kid. and they can't afford the data plan. considering they never used the internet on thier 2005 rzr phones. they come to wonder why they hell do they have a $3500 bill. i have to spend 20 mins letting them know the difference between thier phone and a pda phone. the response i ussually get... i don't get why they just can't go on myspace on the home computer?

2) the one's that bought the phone bc it looks cool, but just uses it for the phone functionality. (not even txting...) and i spend 40 mins telling them the endless possibilites of just getting a data plan.

and 3) the wanna be geekers, who talk about how impossible it is for the one guy from (the movie) vantage point, able to kill a public figure w/ his palm 650. by controlling everything from turning on the fan, to controlling a gun. I tell them, I can turn on my A/c w/ my phone... turn on my computer, tv, reciever... set up my dvr at home while at the dmv. and even keep papers down on a windy day w/ it! just to sell an unlimited friggin plan.
being a knew bee, im always learning stuff im forgetting, ADHD Sucks balls. i knew i should have listened to my mommy when she said drugs are bad... but i was never this bad at remembering stuff... anyways... learning, yea... ADHD makes me a person that writes long and useless stuff... anyways back to learning... i will be a new bee for life because by the time i understand something, im 2 updates behind. sorry.
Old 10-28-2008, 07:49 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2
Carrier: Verizon

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by knewBee4lyfe View Post
hahaha... i work as customer service for a cell phone company, i get 3 types of callers.

It's kinda funny how little some of the cell employees know about these products. I know a guy who works for verizon & he's a great guy but all he does is sell phones & doesn't really know any of the tech stuff we love to talk about here. He had me unlock & flash an xv6800 for him (I used dcd's 3.2.6 at the time) as he was afraid he would brick the thing & he wanted to use GPS in Google maps etc (he didn't even know this was possible until I showed him).

I stopped in where he works last week just to say hi. He was busy with a customer, so I was hanging out waiting & there was a young girl looking at a 6800. I overheard her ask another employee if it was possible to buy/use that phone without a data plan (which she couldn't afford). He told her no & she was ready to walk out.

I pulled her aside & nicely told her that was wrong, you can buy the 6800 & use it for Internet use wherever there is a wifi hot-spot. It turned out the other employee (who was a real nice guy) didn't even realize that was possible. I showed her how easy it was to access the internet using wifi on my 6800 & she ended up buying one.

~John

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan