PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-13-2008, 03:10 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Droid Incredible
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

qwho is keeping up the good workqwho is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Encountering Other Titan Users

Only one guy I work with has the mogul. He only has it because he got sero and wanted the best phone with a keyboard and email. I have given him some must-haves to install and shown him how to back up his contacts so he can install updates like the rev-A and gps one.

Mostly people aren't impressed with my phone, until I slide it open. After all it is quite large, but when you open it, you can see why.

I usually always have it set up to look like a desktop pc on the front page, or I have the weather up, so people usually stare at it like 'wow'.

I have never seen anyone with it otherwise. The funny thing is, the reason I went looking for a sero-like plan was to get the mogul, because I saw someone playing with the 6700 and thought it would be so cool to have the features of my pocketpc on my phone too. I was rocking the moto Q at the time, hence my board name. winmo standard is a tease. Gotta go for the pro.
Old 03-13-2008, 03:11 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint

crimekilla is a n00b

iv'e only come across two others and they were both issued the phone from their employers and have no idea of its true power.

i have left a massive wake of people who want it after seeing mine
Old 03-13-2008, 04:14 PM
HTC Soldier
Pocket PC: EVO 3-1/2G
Carrier: Sprinter Cell

xweaponx is a VIPxweaponx is a VIPxweaponx is a VIPxweaponx is a VIPxweaponx is a VIPxweaponx is a VIPxweaponx is a VIPxweaponx is a VIPxweaponx is a VIPxweaponx is a VIPxweaponx is a VIP

I have yet to find anyone with a 6800 of any branding in my area (Columbia, SC).

I would imagine that they are more prevelant in large cities or other areas based upon geography with more technological, science & econonomic development...

Last edited by xweaponx; 03-13-2008 at 04:17 PM.
Old 03-13-2008, 07:16 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Surround
Carrier: AT&T
Threadstarter

Tiberius85 is keeping up the good workTiberius85 is keeping up the good work

Its sad too, because most of the potential can be very easily unlocked with the free apps that are out there. I did see once an 8525 user who had the phone and used it as a PDA but didnt want to pay for at&t's $40 data plan.
Old 03-13-2008, 07:23 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: 6700, 6800
Carrier: Sprint

Hellion is a n00b

I'm in San Diego, and yea i've seen people people with a Titan. I've even stopped a few asked how they like the phone and then whip out mines and show them what's under the "hood" and they are always wowd'. I then tell them everything the need to know is at www.ppcgeeks.com. So, yea like others i have a tendency to look at what phones people have...
Old 03-13-2008, 07:30 PM
Livin' Dangerously
Pocket PC: Evo!/TOUCHPRO2/ ALSO TOUCH PRO
Carrier: PPCGEEKS SPRINT JUST HELPS ME CALL PEOPLE.

SBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via MSN to SBR_L3GION Send a message via Yahoo to SBR_L3GION

i have seen two out being used the first time i was at radioshack when i was considering buying my titan and the other time was a short while ago when i was at the movies and he looked like he was in love with the slide out keyboard.and i am also one of the people who like to look and see what kinda phone people ae carrying.

If I have helped you out or you enjoy my work please feel free to donate.

Helpful ROM cooking Info

How To: Registry edit to .cab
Old 03-13-2008, 10:01 PM
The Voice of Reason
Pocket PC: PPC 6700/Touch Diamond/Touch Pro

Big D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I have been traveling through the airports a bit lately and I have seen 2 people with Verizon 6800. I met one gut in a Home depot once as usual must of these guys have no idea about what can be done with there PPC. I always try to Q-up a conversation about there PPC and what can be done with it. I was on a flight the other day watching a movie on my Mogul had a guy across the isle tap me on the shoulder pull out his Mogul "how did you get that movie on your PPC" he said. Within a few minutes I had 1 guy with a 700w, another with a 700wx and the guy with the Mogul all catching cab files over bluetooth, I was sending them. They are out there you just have to look to find them.
“It is from numberless diverse acts of courage and belief that human history is shaped. Each time a man stands up for an ideal, or acts to improve the lot of others, or strikes out against injustice, he sends forth a tiny ripple of hope.”

Robert Kennedy

Ha y'all come visit me at WMExperts some time.
Old 03-13-2008, 11:29 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Surround
Carrier: AT&T
Threadstarter

Tiberius85 is keeping up the good workTiberius85 is keeping up the good work

Seems like a very big reason why the iphone is so popular: everybody knows exactly what it can do, not many people know what a PPC can do.
Old 03-13-2008, 11:38 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

x10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberius85 View Post
Seems like a very big reason why the iphone is so popular: everybody knows exactly what it can do, not many people know what a PPC can do.

It's called iphone-hype.... but then again, the iphone is still very cool.

I've actually met like 5 people in the last 3 months with the Mogul... but probably 15 people with the iphone. Everyone seems to like whatever they are using.
Old 03-13-2008, 11:50 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Epic 4G

isangmahal is a n00b

In the UCLA campus, a bunch of guidos around here walks around with their iPhones or Sidekicks. Not much PPC's around here though, unless the W-Zero 3's that the Japanese foreign students have count though. Seen 3 Apaches and maybe another girl with a Titan, but as stated earlier, most were bought for basic texting and email.

A Titan means business, the same way that many people are afficionado's towards IBM's Thinkpad series.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan