PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-13-2008, 11:16 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Hero
Carrier: Sprint

sHockz is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsHockz is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsHockz is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsHockz is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Encountering Other Titan Users

I work at a company that distributes blackberrys to everyone who asks. People are always like ooohhh my blackberrys so cool, i bought this program that does this check it out....then they show me, and its like hey man, i have that same program and didnt pay squat, plus 50 other cool ones you would be interested in...and everyone i show my phone too suddenly bows down to the mogul greatness.
Old 03-13-2008, 11:23 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

varaff is keeping up the good workvaraff is keeping up the good work
Send a message via Yahoo to varaff

I had the 6800 and lost it while I was out riding. Had the insurance people upgrade me up to the 6900 touch( or so I though it was an upgrade)
Now I'm calling them back that I want another 6800 and that I will be sending back my touch. To me the 6800 is a miniature laptop and the touch, well its just fancy phone.
Just my two cents... not trying to start a war here...

Last edited by varaff; 03-13-2008 at 11:39 AM.
Old 03-13-2008, 11:41 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Titan

EWS2112 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Success100 View Post
yeah everyone i come across just thinks its a cool phone with a keyboard. i think us geekers are probably like 1 out of every 100 smartphone users. most people that carry these phones dont have a clue what they can do besides out of the box capabilities
I'm with you...everyone I see who has a PPC phone has it because they want to "get email and text messages." Pretty damned expensive device for that!

I work in IT and people often ask me for recommendations and my canned response is, if you use a cell phone and a PDA and you don't want to carry both, get one of these...if you just want email on a phone, there are plenty of other devices to do the job at a lower price point. This thing is *almost* a laptop replacement the way I use it.
Old 03-13-2008, 11:51 AM
Newsie and More
Pocket PC: Evo 4G

Ticklemepinks knows their stuffTicklemepinks knows their stuffTicklemepinks knows their stuffTicklemepinks knows their stuffTicklemepinks knows their stuffTicklemepinks knows their stuffTicklemepinks knows their stuffTicklemepinks knows their stuff

lol Yeah one of my besties has this fone and she's obsessed about learning how do don't what I and my brother can....which leads me to the point, EVERYONE has the mogul , is there upgrade better than touch, one like the mogul and has keyboard but itsn't a mogul comin out anytime soon????
Old 03-13-2008, 11:52 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc touch pro
Carrier: sprint

tc3jg is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to tc3jg

Quote:
Originally Posted by EWS2112 View Post
I'm with you...everyone I see who has a PPC phone has it because they want to "get email and text messages." Pretty damned expensive device for that!

I work in IT and people often ask me for recommendations and my canned response is, if you use a cell phone and a PDA and you don't want to carry both, get one of these...if you just want email on a phone, there are plenty of other devices to do the job at a lower price point. This thing is *almost* a laptop replacement the way I use it.
couldnt have said it better myself.
Old 03-13-2008, 11:55 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

eehrhard is becoming a PPCGeeks regulareehrhard is becoming a PPCGeeks regulareehrhard is becoming a PPCGeeks regulareehrhard is becoming a PPCGeeks regulareehrhard is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I was in the airport working on my laptop and I overheard this older upper management type talking do this other dude about how cool his phone was and how he had IE on it and email.

I was just sitting there saying to myself "Should I blow this dudes mind and show him mine?"

I didnt feel like teaching at the time though so I went back to work.
Old 03-13-2008, 12:11 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 3D

miguelfp1 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmiguelfp1 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmiguelfp1 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmiguelfp1 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via MSN to miguelfp1

I've seen about 4 or 5 Moguls "in the wild" here in Puerto Rico, and some employees at one of the Sprint store, but obviously, I'm pretty sure mine's the most tweaked of the ones I've seen
Old 03-13-2008, 12:15 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: htc mogul
Carrier: sprint

naijafashionista is a n00b

i see a lot of people on campus with the same phone as me. I get on the shuttle and there would be like 2 or 3 people not including me withtheir phones out
Old 03-13-2008, 01:49 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO

35mm is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by varaff View Post
It always amazes me how people can have such a powerful device and only use it as a basic phone.

Especially when it isn't even a very good phone. Most free flip phones do all of the basic phone stuff better. It is all of the other things that make it worth while.
Old 03-13-2008, 02:33 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro

neodorian is becoming a PPCGeeks regularneodorian is becoming a PPCGeeks regularneodorian is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Success100 View Post
yeah everyone i come across just thinks its a cool phone with a keyboard. i think us geekers are probably like 1 out of every 100 smartphone users. most people that carry these phones dont have a clue what they can do besides out of the box capabilities
The weird thing is that I won't even buy a device like this unless I have lurked on these kinds of forums for at least a couple of months. I did the same with my last phone (Treo 650 a couple years ago). As soon as I get mine out of the box I'm already jonesing to try out the things I have seen others demo online for the past few months.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan