PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-13-2008, 08:54 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTV EEVVVOOOOO, and a BB tour
Carrier: sprint..and umm...PPCGEEKZ!!

Success100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to Success100 Send a message via Yahoo to Success100
Re: Encountering Other Titan Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by omhar22 View Post
I just updated my ppc6800's Rom to 1.47.01 thinking that that will allow me to use turn by turn navigation, if you know more about this let me know thanks, 310-904-7647
what a dumb place to post this at.

anyways. im in cleveland ohio, and its funny, i see alot of people with them

ALL HAIL SUCCESS100!!! lol!
Old 03-13-2008, 09:01 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Moment
Carrier: Sprint

cuse94 is a n00b

Two of my coworkers just recently bought Moguls after seeing mine. I've tried to get them interesting in doing some tweaks, the 3.35 upgrade, even showed them ppcgeeks.com but they seem content using their phones for calls, sms, and email... How boring!

Yeah, I too always check out what phones people are using.
Old 03-13-2008, 09:29 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Evil Evo

i360 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulari360 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulari360 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cutta-Boi View Post
If they only knew what I had under the hood lol.
Yeah, a killer phone with too little RAM.

There is someone at my job with the same phone, its only the second time i've seen someone else with one.
Old 03-13-2008, 09:36 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

varaff is keeping up the good workvaraff is keeping up the good work
Send a message via Yahoo to varaff

It always amazes me how people can have such a powerful device and only use it as a basic phone.
Old 03-13-2008, 09:43 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc touch pro
Carrier: sprint

tc3jg is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to tc3jg

hah yeah guys i agree with all of you ...by me being at college tho at least at my college i actually know alot of people with the mogul but non of them tweak and hack it like us fellow geeks. when normal phone users see my phone they automatically think im a computer genius when im not but hey. And its funny that some of you say you all see alot of wings because i know at least three people who have them now but NON know anything about tweaking it out...i know a few ppc users that tweak it out but they arent mogul users most of them have the older ppc that came out for att years ago or verizon years ago. but yes ONLY IF THEY KNEW what I HAD UNDER THE HOOD lol. I do hate how my top part has PLAY that is really annoying but hey guess it comes with the phone. O by the way when the people see my carbon (fake carbon) fiber case they automatically say O WOW what phone is that i find pride in saying O its just the sprint mogul. then i show em it hahah love it.

P.s i find myself looking at others phones also and its funny to see someone with this super nice phone (titan 2) who dont know how to do what we do i try to help but some people just dont got it. And yes i wish their were more fellow geeks but we are a select and unique group surely.
Old 03-13-2008, 09:43 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Mogul, Touch Pro, TP2, EVO 4G, Evo 3d

Cutta-Boi is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by i360 View Post
Yeah, a killer phone with too little RAM.

There is someone at my job with the same phone, its only the second time i've seen someone else with one.
You know I just picked up a touch yesterday for the first time and my jaw droped when I saw the free ram... with that being said I played with it for about a half hour and after all my tweaks the touch is much slower in comparison. So don't let the numbers fool you my son. Everything that glitters doesnt translate into speed.
Old 03-13-2008, 09:44 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro & Touch

delawaresace is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardelawaresace is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardelawaresace is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardelawaresace is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

i'm a bartender at an upscale place. a guy walked in about a month ago with a titan. i had other people to take care of so i couldn't talk to him to much, but it didn't matter much because his friend asked about the phone and he didn't even know it was made by HTC it turns out that he doesn't even have a data plan.
Old 03-13-2008, 10:03 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Evil Evo

i360 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulari360 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulari360 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cutta-Boi View Post
You know I just picked up a touch yesterday for the first time and my jaw droped when I saw the free ram... with that being said I played with it for about a half hour and after all my tweaks the touch is much slower in comparison. So don't let the numbers fool you my son. Everything that glitters doesnt translate into speed.

Well, I bought the Touch for my girl and its about as fast as mine, except it has alot more free ram and doesnt hit the ceiling like the Mogul does when running multiple applications. Granted I dont like the Touch, the screen is wierd and it lacks the keyboard. The Mogul is an awesome phone but its lack of memory disturbs me.

I just flashed my co-workers phone to the new rom as he had no idea it even existed.....
Old 03-13-2008, 10:14 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTV EEVVVOOOOO, and a BB tour
Carrier: sprint..and umm...PPCGEEKZ!!

Success100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to Success100 Send a message via Yahoo to Success100

yeah everyone i come across just thinks its a cool phone with a keyboard. i think us geekers are probably like 1 out of every 100 smartphone users. most people that carry these phones dont have a clue what they can do besides out of the box capabilities
Old 03-13-2008, 11:09 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO/TP2/Moment

DaddieDiesel is keeping up the good workDaddieDiesel is keeping up the good workDaddieDiesel is keeping up the good work
Send a message via Yahoo to DaddieDiesel

I have only seen one other person with a mogul and it was a shame because they had it on their hip while roller skating. Needless to say they were not very stable on the skates. When I finally had a chance to talk to them they had not a clue the potential that was in there hand. The "coolest is this bubble breaker" comment made me say oh ok. When I tried to explain how far you could take it, the only response was " I just got it cause it looked cool"
AGHHHHHHHH. oh well.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan