PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-27-2008, 02:34 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro baby!!
Carrier: Sprint (employee plan = 20 dollars) 3000 anytime minutes and unlimited everything else :-P

blue4shizzle knows their stuffblue4shizzle knows their stuffblue4shizzle knows their stuffblue4shizzle knows their stuffblue4shizzle knows their stuffblue4shizzle knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to blue4shizzle Send a message via Yahoo to blue4shizzle
Re: How is Rev A on Verizon?

hey now, it doesnt really matter... sprint = faster speeds than verizon, but verizon is definately the number 2 seed in the toles.. google it

samsung 640A --> motorola Q --> sprint touch --> now doin it big with the touch pro... oh so sexy lol
Old 02-27-2008, 02:43 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

DodgeV83 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue4shizzle View Post
hey now, it doesnt really matter... sprint = faster speeds than verizon, but verizon is definately the number 2 seed in the toles.. google it
I'd love to move to a Sprint Sero plan and save myself $50 a month, but unfortunately all of my friends are on Verizon and Sprint currently doesn't support PICTURE MESSAGING on their PDA phones [face_unimpressed]
Old 02-27-2008, 02:46 AM
NKT
N00b
Pocket PC: xv6800
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

NKT is a n00b

Quote:
Oh, I don't doubt that Sprint has a fine EVDO network. Never disputed that

But I don't believe that one network can truely claim to be absolutely better than the other. Testing, especially localized and no-controlled, by forum members is suspect.

But that's neither here nor there Verizon does have Rev A and it works just fine. Much faster on average than your home DSL.
Old 02-27-2008, 02:50 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Carrier: Sprint (employee plan = 20 dollars) 3000 anytime minutes and unlimited everything else :-P

blue4shizzle knows their stuffblue4shizzle knows their stuffblue4shizzle knows their stuffblue4shizzle knows their stuffblue4shizzle knows their stuffblue4shizzle knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by DodgeV83 View Post
I'd love to move to a Sprint Sero plan and save myself $50 a month, but unfortunately all of my friends are on Verizon and Sprint currently doesn't support PICTURE MESSAGING on their PDA phones [face_unimpressed]
aww, dont be so down.. im sure you are enjoying the fact that you must spend at least 50 dollars a month to qualify for unlimited text messages compared to sprints 10 dollar fee, an i mean it def is wonderful that yall also have to pay 40 dollars for the exact same internet package that seems to be 15 dollars for sprint.. and i mean who would want to leave a company that has a 275 dollar cancellation fee compared to sprints 200. and i know you jus loooooove how your nights and weekends start at 9 instead of 7 free of charge. as a matter of fact.. yall are soo cool, yall dont even need a fav 3 pack either. the crazy thing is, sprint is going to get that picture mail update as soon as we get the 6.1 rom. so really we only missed out on 2 whole months of picture mail.. i swear, i should go to verizon man.. yall got it sooo good {more unimpressed face}

Last edited by blue4shizzle; 02-27-2008 at 03:01 AM.
Old 02-27-2008, 03:07 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

DodgeV83 is a n00b

Quote:
aww, dont be so down.. im sure you are enjoying the fact that you must spend at least 50 dollars a month to qualify for unlimited text messages compared to sprints 10 dollar fee, an i mean it def is wonderful that yall also have to pay 40 dollars for the exact same internet package that seems to be 15 dollars for sprint.. and i mean who would want to leave a company that has a 275 dollar cancellation fee compared to sprints 200. and i know you jus loooooove how your nights and weekends start at 9 instead of 7 free of charge. as a matter of fact.. yall are soo cool, yall dont even need a fav 3 pack either. the crazy thing is, sprint is going to get that picture mail update as soon as we get the 6.1 rom. so really we only missed out on 2 whole months of picture mail.. i swear, i should go to verizon man.. yall got it sooo good {sadder face}
Wow, I never expected you guys to get so defensive. I started this thread just a few minutes ago and I've gotten been bombarded with a full-on Sprint advertisement...complete with misinformation and *outright lies*.

I'll explain my decision, though I really don't have to...

Sprint's service in my area just plain isn't as good. When I was on Sprint a few years ago I just plain didn't have service in my room, leading to an amazing amount of missed calls. I also didn't have service on the Metro. All my Verizon friends had no problems. So I switched. Has Sprint caught up yet? Its possible, but not worth me switching again to find out.

To make a long story short, if everyone I talk to on a daily basis is on Verizon, I'm gonna pick Verizon. I strongly considered (as was my girlfriend) moving back to Sprint for the $50 a month savings, but it simply wasn't worth it. My Verizon friends wouldn't call/text as much if I switched, cause it costs them money. The Maryland-DC-Virginia area is just dominated by Verizon right now, I honestly don't know anyone who doesn't have it.

I got my answer, this thread can be closed.
Old 02-27-2008, 03:11 AM
NKT
N00b

NKT is a n00b

Quote:
and i mean who would want to leave a company that has a 275 dollar cancellation fee compared to sprints 200.
Not to nit pick, but it's $175 prorated not $275
Old 02-27-2008, 03:12 AM
Halfway to VIP Status

no hard feelings dodge, every now an then a simple question can lead to a whole new series of posts.. but hey, look on the bright side, lol.. you got your answer right.

an 175 huh, i guess i need to update my knowledge huh.. apologies once again
Old 02-27-2008, 03:12 AM
NKT
N00b

NKT is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by DodgeV83 View Post
Wow, I never expected you guys to get so defensive. I started this thread just a few minutes ago and I've gotten been bombarded with a full-on Sprint advertisement...complete with misinformation and *outright lies*.

I'll explain my decision, though I really don't have to...

Sprint's service in my area just plain isn't as good. When I was on Sprint a few years ago I just plain didn't have service in my room, leading to an amazing amount of missed calls. I also didn't have service on the Metro. All my Verizon friends had no problems. So I switched. Has Sprint caught up yet? Its possible, but not worth me switching again to find out.

To make a long story short, if everyone I talk to on a daily basis is on Verizon, I'm gonna pick Verizon. I strongly considered (as was my girlfriend) moving back to Sprint for the $50 a month savings, but it simply wasn't worth it. My Verizon friends wouldn't call/text as much if I switched, cause it costs them money. The Maryland-DC-Virginia area is just dominated by Verizon right now, I honestly don't know anyone who doesn't have it.

I got my answer, this thread can be closed.
Don't be worried by the Sprint desperation. They're just trying to stop the bleeding at this point...
Old 02-27-2008, 03:15 AM
Halfway to VIP Status

Quote:
Originally Posted by NKT View Post
Don't be worried by the Sprint desperation. They're just trying to stop the bleeding at this point...
its the harsh truth actually, we have nothing left to brag on... sprint is def in bad shape.. hopefully the future holds some positive things for em, truth be told, real reason im still with sprint is because i have such a great plan
Old 02-27-2008, 03:18 AM
NKT
N00b

NKT is a n00b

Quote:
its the harsh truth actually, we have nothing left to brag on... sprint is def in bad shape.. hopefully the future holds some positive things for em, truth be told, real reason im still with sprint is because i have such a great plan
I'm still holding out hope that Verzion would buy out Sprint. If Sprint hadn't bought Nextel (), I think VZW would have snatched them up. Their networks are so similar it would have been a pretty good assimilation.

But another part of me wants Sprint out there to help push the pricing. I heard a rumor that their Unlimited Plan is going to start at $60 instead of the $99 for VZW and AT&T.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan