PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-28-2008, 02:19 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Moving from my Blk Berry to the HTC Hero.....
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

bigel is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to bigel
Re: Made it official..Now Mogul VETS..please help

Quote:
Originally Posted by snakedoctor View Post
yeah i got one of those.and personally i hated it.but its just a preference thing.it gave my phone an extra gap and made noise when i opened/closed it.i just went to sieldzone and got a full body skin.i did like the feel of that case but overall the invisibleshield was the better choice for me.
http://www.invisibleshield.com/smart...ul-ppc6800.php

might have to check that out...... thanx
Old 02-28-2008, 09:07 AM
Retired Moderator
Pocket PC: NULL
Carrier: NULL

[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level

I've heard stories about Sprint cancelling orders without saying anything...

There is no torture worse than waiting for a package... Especially if that package contains a very advanced piece of technology!
Old 02-28-2008, 10:26 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: SprintTouch Pro 2

ChristianProgrammer is a n00b

Welcome Bigel, I've started to get a bad rep here so please rep me if this helps...I've only been a mogul (read the Titan Forum) owner for a little over a month. You asked about performance - I.E. run faster...well your about to start dropping apps and hacks onto your PPC you should know that unlike regular windows,,the X in the upper right doesn't automatically CLOSE applications. They are still running, so the ["X" button] type apps which force applications to close is a must... I THINK my WkTask (it provides a task bar like Windows) came with this cool "X" button feature..I didn't like the HTC X Button..

You'll need a registry editor I use total Commander..Sorry I don't provide most of these links but the search is pretty easy to use...

but back to the important topic performance... ' Performance.exe '
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...ORMANCE&page=2
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/attachment...8&d=1194908562

it claims to overclock your PPC, PLEASE read about these things don't just randomly install stuff because we recommend them !!...

anyway I run it at 520Mhz most of the time. But presently I'm testing to see if my electricity at work is dirty and causing battery problems,

Plain and Simple it works..! we don't really know how but it does make the PPC crisper and faster to respond. Let me know if it affects your battery life either way please, and thank you. They say you should let your PPC's battery drain completely once when you get it, then use normally --then every so often allow to drain completely to make sure its takes a full charge. Oh and surprise... normally... generally means you shouldn't have to charge it every night !!!

You will need the cab that allows you to use a larger SD card (over 2 GB) apparently the Mogul may not recognize larger cards without this add on. In the titan forum there are some great stickies saved for basic registry edits for speed increases. Unfortunately obtaining the GPS functionality requires a ROM Flash (OS) and I'm not even ready for that..it sounds a bit too touchy for me to try. (I'm just a wuss and scared to do it)
I'm happy with Google maps on my phone currently. Now that I have this great PPC, I've googled for the newer phones like the newest HTC products (AT&T has the tilt which is our PPC but newer version ..more Ram I believe) and the GloFiish which apparently no one has but its got a HUGE VGA . Oh I agree with the guy who didn't dig the Sedio two piece case, it left a nasty gap between the two portions of my ppc and interfered with the sliding mechanics. this site: was my first http://www.sprintmogul.net/Home.aspx but I quickly made this and XDA-developers my home well because these guys ROCK FRIGGIN HARD !!!! I suppose I'll flash my ROM soon but I'm hoping HTC comes out with an official release before I get to it. My Luck I'll do it and the release will come out the next day... Happy software hunting...remember search read and re-read before doing anything, and be careful if your activsync is to a Windows Vista Machine you may need some special updates to your Vista Machine for stuff to play nicely...with your PPC...

Please rep me if I've been helpful..I think I may have lost some rep points or something for flaming some guy about flashing his phone or not knowing how to format an SD card to Fat 32....

I've done the test of calling my phone from my land line... [this change is a little more complicated but with the latest un-official rom release,, getting to the information you need to accomplish this has been described in great detail elsewhere... ] you can change the setting of how quick your Mogul responds to incoming calls and texts. Obviously I mention this because there seems to be a standard that the PPC doesn't ring as quickly as the call or text comes in..and this setting needs to be adjusted.... some people complain of missed calls and stuff but I don't think I have experienced that. It appears to have been just a few bad units.. good luck man ... Peep You Tunb for some cool videos on the mogul. Oh Yea I have YouTube ( NOT MOBILE) running also ITS AWESOME! Damn I keep remembering stuff....

I'm not going to look it up now but send me a note if you cant find how to do this next one,,,this phone ships with the ringer vol and speaker set way too low....

I put custom ringers (mp3's) in my windows directory but I made them louder with a free audio editor (Audacity) and still they were quiet.. I had to go into the registry and change some settings....registry editing should be done with care !!!! Also the setting for speaker volume can be set high enough to damage the speakers trial and caution is additionally recommended...

Last edited by ChristianProgrammer; 02-28-2008 at 10:29 AM. Reason: theres always type-o's -addicted to intellisense :-)
Old 02-28-2008, 11:37 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Moving from my Blk Berry to the HTC Hero.....
Threadstarter

bigel is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to bigel

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristianProgrammer View Post
Welcome Bigel, Happy software hunting...remember search read and re-read before doing anything, and be careful if your activsync is to a Windows Vista Machine you may need some special updates to your Vista Machine for stuff to play nicely...with your PPC...
thanx for the welcome... and the post, it was a good read...

and yes I do have Vista, so I guess I can start searching for tips to make that run smoother with my phone...

again thank you.... and thanx to all that have gave info or simply their 2 cents... I greatly appreciate all the info & even the opinions.....

well I've got one more day of waiting, so I guess that means one more day of reading prep & confusion.....lol

honestly I'm ready, frustrated and over whelmed but more ready... I think I've downloaded over 40 apps, hacks, and registry mods text..... so I'm gonna be real busy with my phone.....lol

hell I'm a new member on like 4 boards and even found some stuff on my fav torrent site...
( www.mininova.org ) With all the sh*t I've got downloaded I should be able to teach everyone else a few things....lmao
Old 02-28-2008, 05:43 PM
Retired Moderator
Pocket PC: NULL
Carrier: NULL

[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level

Hmmm... I wonder what you're doing on mininova...

Of course, you are helping people with their problems, right??
Old 02-28-2008, 06:59 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

eehrhard is becoming a PPCGeeks regulareehrhard is becoming a PPCGeeks regulareehrhard is becoming a PPCGeeks regulareehrhard is becoming a PPCGeeks regulareehrhard is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Check out this thread.

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=17859

There are tons and tons of awesome programs that do almost anything you can imagine.

Definitely get yourself an app with a safe mode so you can fix your phone if it goes FUBAR on you. Can keep you from having to hard reset which is generally a pain especially if you dont have Sprite or another good back up software.

Conduits Pocket Player is the best media player in my opinion. If you plan on listening to music on your phone its a worthy purchase.

Ultimate Launch is a great today screen launcher that does some cool things and adds some Wow factor to your phone.

Viigo is a really cool rss reader and its free.

There are so many i could go on and on
Old 02-28-2008, 08:27 PM
Give him the KICK!!!
Pocket PC: HTC EVO w/TP as a Back Up
Carrier: sprint

dschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributions

opera mini 4 for a browser.
Old 02-28-2008, 08:34 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: SprintTouch Pro 2

ChristianProgrammer is a n00b
Cool Re: Made it official..Now Mogul VETS..please help

yea I had like 250 MB too not counting the images and mp3's . After weeding through all that crap though I of course tried a few removed a few and ended up with a MASTER SUITE of stuff I love and a folder or two of stuff I should weed through and or delete.... My wifie still kids me that I stayed up past 2AM the first few days that I was modding/hacking my phone.....
I recommend the hardware insurance... Just in case... I'm sure that I'll be doing that again when I decide to flash the ROM ...
I can see you peeking out the door for every sound heavy enough to be a delivery truck ha ha ha ha ha

enjoy bro....

another brother in Milwaukee with a PPC
Old 02-28-2008, 11:12 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc 6800
Carrier: sprint

snakedoctor is a n00b

hey bigel i think i might know what happened.for some reason when i made my order they took the money but not the deposit.so they sent me an email the following day saying that my order will be cancelled if i didnt respond in 5 days.however if i did respond i would get 25 dollars off my first bill.is it possible they may have emailed you and you didnt respond?either way good luck with the reorder.also as far as my post about the shielzone skin i must warn you it is a pia to install yourself.so if you can find a store that will install if for you i would let them do it.

ps:make sure you check your phone line options extensively the first week.cause they randomly messed up mine for about a week.

Last edited by snakedoctor; 02-28-2008 at 11:19 PM.
Old 02-29-2008, 12:42 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Htc EVO 3D™

kaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on rep

sprint messes up easy. i had a new one sent to replace a defective usb port on my old mogul...well got the new one...sent old one back next day...then the next day i got another new mogul...lmao stupidly i called them. they had no idea...but i figred beter safe then get charged 600 bucks.

Phone:
Sprint EVO 3D Rom:Kaos Hybrid 4.20 V8 Radio: 0.97 Storage Card: Micro 32GB SDHC

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan