View Single Post
Old 02-28-2008, 10:26 AM
ChristianProgrammer
PPCGeeks Regular

ChristianProgrammer is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Made it official..Now Mogul VETS..please help

Welcome Bigel, I've started to get a bad rep here so please rep me if this helps...I've only been a mogul (read the Titan Forum) owner for a little over a month. You asked about performance - I.E. run faster...well your about to start dropping apps and hacks onto your PPC you should know that unlike regular windows,,the X in the upper right doesn't automatically CLOSE applications. They are still running, so the ["X" button] type apps which force applications to close is a must... I THINK my WkTask (it provides a task bar like Windows) came with this cool "X" button feature..I didn't like the HTC X Button..

You'll need a registry editor I use total Commander..Sorry I don't provide most of these links but the search is pretty easy to use...

but back to the important topic performance... ' Performance.exe '
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...ORMANCE&page=2
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/attachment...8&d=1194908562

it claims to overclock your PPC, PLEASE read about these things don't just randomly install stuff because we recommend them !!...

anyway I run it at 520Mhz most of the time. But presently I'm testing to see if my electricity at work is dirty and causing battery problems,

Plain and Simple it works..! we don't really know how but it does make the PPC crisper and faster to respond. Let me know if it affects your battery life either way please, and thank you. They say you should let your PPC's battery drain completely once when you get it, then use normally --then every so often allow to drain completely to make sure its takes a full charge. Oh and surprise... normally... generally means you shouldn't have to charge it every night !!!

You will need the cab that allows you to use a larger SD card (over 2 GB) apparently the Mogul may not recognize larger cards without this add on. In the titan forum there are some great stickies saved for basic registry edits for speed increases. Unfortunately obtaining the GPS functionality requires a ROM Flash (OS) and I'm not even ready for that..it sounds a bit too touchy for me to try. (I'm just a wuss and scared to do it)
I'm happy with Google maps on my phone currently. Now that I have this great PPC, I've googled for the newer phones like the newest HTC products (AT&T has the tilt which is our PPC but newer version ..more Ram I believe) and the GloFiish which apparently no one has but its got a HUGE VGA . Oh I agree with the guy who didn't dig the Sedio two piece case, it left a nasty gap between the two portions of my ppc and interfered with the sliding mechanics. this site: was my first http://www.sprintmogul.net/Home.aspx but I quickly made this and XDA-developers my home well because these guys ROCK FRIGGIN HARD !!!! I suppose I'll flash my ROM soon but I'm hoping HTC comes out with an official release before I get to it. My Luck I'll do it and the release will come out the next day... Happy software hunting...remember search read and re-read before doing anything, and be careful if your activsync is to a Windows Vista Machine you may need some special updates to your Vista Machine for stuff to play nicely...with your PPC...

Please rep me if I've been helpful..I think I may have lost some rep points or something for flaming some guy about flashing his phone or not knowing how to format an SD card to Fat 32....

I've done the test of calling my phone from my land line... [this change is a little more complicated but with the latest un-official rom release,, getting to the information you need to accomplish this has been described in great detail elsewhere... ] you can change the setting of how quick your Mogul responds to incoming calls and texts. Obviously I mention this because there seems to be a standard that the PPC doesn't ring as quickly as the call or text comes in..and this setting needs to be adjusted.... some people complain of missed calls and stuff but I don't think I have experienced that. It appears to have been just a few bad units.. good luck man ... Peep You Tunb for some cool videos on the mogul. Oh Yea I have YouTube ( NOT MOBILE) running also ITS AWESOME! Damn I keep remembering stuff....

I'm not going to look it up now but send me a note if you cant find how to do this next one,,,this phone ships with the ringer vol and speaker set way too low....

I put custom ringers (mp3's) in my windows directory but I made them louder with a free audio editor (Audacity) and still they were quiet.. I had to go into the registry and change some settings....registry editing should be done with care !!!! Also the setting for speaker volume can be set high enough to damage the speakers trial and caution is additionally recommended...

Last edited by ChristianProgrammer; 02-28-2008 at 10:29 AM. Reason: theres always type-o's -addicted to intellisense :-)