PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-25-2008, 01:55 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

badutahboy is keeping up the good workbadutahboy is keeping up the good workbadutahboy is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Official Discussion of SprintTV on Mogul - No Longer Working 02/06

Quote:
Originally Posted by jarry23 View Post
Well thats the thing, Sprint is currently offering the PoctketStreamer Deuxe which includes the tv, radio, music, etc. and a Picture Mail but they want you to pay for it. They want $24.99 for the PoctketStreamer Deuxe and $19.99 for the Picture Mail program. So I really doubt they will provide us with a file to download it for free. They just want people who own moguls to buy it. People with the Palm phones automatically have it on their phone. That really sucks...

Do you have a name for the picture mail program? I CANNOT find it on the sprint store, either from the website or from my phone.
Old 03-25-2008, 04:01 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Evo

blkout01 is just getting started

I spoke 3 different reps last night, for a total length of about 2 or so hours. The first two I spoke with both said the same thing. That sprint had nothing to do with not being able to have sprint tv on my 6800. They said it was HTC's fault and that my phone wouldn't support it. I was in shock!!! I asked them why could the phone support windows media player and other video related programs and such but not the sprint tv. Once again they said "oh I'm sorry but it's not Sprints fault, it's HTC thats not allowing you to do so". I got this from two different reps putting the fault on HTC. The 3rd tch support rep just flat said she didn't know why....lol
Old 03-25-2008, 04:22 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

badutahboy is keeping up the good workbadutahboy is keeping up the good workbadutahboy is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by blkout View Post
I spoke 3 different reps last night, for a total length of about 2 or so hours. The first two I spoke with both said the same thing. That sprint had nothing to do with not being able to have sprint tv on my 6800. They said it was HTC's fault and that my phone wouldn't support it. I was in shock!!! I asked them why could the phone support windows media player and other video related programs and such but not the sprint tv. Once again they said "oh I'm sorry but it's not Sprints fault, it's HTC thats not allowing you to do so". I got this from two different reps putting the fault on HTC. The 3rd tch support rep just flat said she didn't know why....lol

And yet, we can make it work if they'd let us.

Same goes for pic mail.
Old 03-25-2008, 06:48 PM
The Enforcer
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G, ViewSonic gTablet, BB Bold 9650

Pibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIP

Exactly, how do you explain SprintTV working when it was first released on the Touch? Heck, IIRC it even worked on different networks.

---
Don't forget to Search first!
Old 03-26-2008, 11:46 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro 2 by HTC

eXplicit is just getting started
Send a message via AIM to eXplicit

I had it working perfectly fine just a few days ago. Then it just stopped... Can't do it again for some reason... Weird.
Old 03-26-2008, 11:54 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

hmm...I wonder if HTC knows Sprint is putting the blame on them???
Old 03-27-2008, 02:54 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

x10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by blkout View Post
hmm...I wonder if HTC knows Sprint is putting the blame on them???
That's just what the reps said... and we all know that you can't believe everything they say.. Most of them are just trained to say what their managers tell them. Most people here know much more about the Mogul than most Sprint reps...

My question is why in the world anyone would spend 2 hours talking on the phone with the reps about it... lol. You know you are not going to get a straight answer from them.
Old 03-27-2008, 05:10 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

lol yes very true...but over that time frame i spoke to a couple different levels of the tech support....or so I was told...plus i was bored and still mad knowing it had worked before and now it wouldn't work for me...also fun at times to have them try and tell me my phone is not able to have the sprint tv on it because it's basically not good enough....same with the picmail which we all know is completely false.
Old 03-28-2008, 08:53 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Mogul

vblanchford is a n00b

I am having trouble getting this to work. I downloaded the cab file, and when program initializes I get a message saying that I need to upgrade which downloads a new cab file. Then the Sprint TV application starts, but no channels are listed. If i try to change any settings I get an error and the program shuts down. is there a different cab file that I should be using? I'm using SprintTV_PocketPC_Vogue_1005. is there one specifically for Mogul?
Old 03-28-2008, 09:10 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy Note 2

bkhoste knows their stuffbkhoste knows their stuffbkhoste knows their stuffbkhoste knows their stuffbkhoste knows their stuffbkhoste knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by vblanchford View Post
I am having trouble getting this to work. I downloaded the cab file, and when program initializes I get a message saying that I need to upgrade which downloads a new cab file. Then the Sprint TV application starts, but no channels are listed. If i try to change any settings I get an error and the program shuts down. is there a different cab file that I should be using? I'm using SprintTV_PocketPC_Vogue_1005. is there one specifically for Mogul?

Nope, Sprint TV does not work on the Mogul. Odd thing is, Mobi TV works great and looks like the same program that Sprit TV is from. It has been discussed all over ppcgeeks, it worked for a while on the Mogul, then stopped then started again then stopped. I was thinking about pulling the .CAB off my wifes Q9c, but I bet it has already been tried.
Gadget/Phone History: Motorola DynaTAC 8000x; Casio BOSS; Palm Vx; Palm m130; Palm Tungsten T; Sanyo 7300; Sanyo Katana; PPC-6700; Titan; Mogul; Touch Pro, Palm Pre; HTC EVO, Motorola Photon; Samsung Galaxy Note 2 .

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan