PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-14-2008, 10:21 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Evotastic
Carrier: Sprint

scheel78 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularscheel78 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularscheel78 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularscheel78 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: confirmed; audio-out with adaptor broken in new rom;included headset works though

I'm running 2.3.2 with the quick gps program. I've got a couple satelites within 10-15 seconds. I just did the adaptor fix listed above and now my headphones works great also. I finally have everything that i wanted when I bought the phone working.
Old 03-14-2008, 02:05 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: xv6800

blue6800user is a n00b
Re: confirmed; audio-out with adaptor broken in new rom;included headset works though

Ok, ive been living with a broken adapter for a long time now. I just figured i would try the fix from the XDA page http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...69#post2024469

before i bought an entire new adapter. I could not believe that i got the fix to work! Its really not to difficult. Give it a shot before you buy a new adapter.
Old 03-14-2008, 03:04 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: PPC6850
Carrier: Sprint

aesoprock00 is just getting started

i'm using the newest Sprint ROM. i posted in this thread at least once (and a few others) about the audio not working. someone posted (also possibly in this thread) that a quick solution to the problem is to slowly plug in first only the adapter, with nothing plugged in to it (headphones or power cord), and then to connect the headphone jack slowly also.

this has been working for me. it won't work if i plug the adapter in with the headphone jack already connected, but only if i plug in only the adapter, then plug the headphones into it second, it works just fine.

i've found that i can have the power cord plugged into the adapter when i plug it into my phone, just not the headphone jack.

this works for me using this adapter:

i can finally stream music in my car again!
Old 03-14-2008, 10:12 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: htc mogul
Carrier: sprint

drtrell is a n00b

from my experiments, i think that the adapter that comes with the mogul is only for use with a headset and microphone combination. thats why when people plug in a headset it tries to voice dial, because it senses something connected to the mic. you cannot use it with a plain stereo wired headset. i think the pin 1 fix, all that does is remove the pin that connects to the mic so you dont get both the mic and one of the channel connections touching the same portion of the plug. those of you cutting your pins might not be able to use a microphone headset afterward.
Old 03-15-2008, 10:44 AM
Lurker

beingno1 is a n00b

ROM 3.35

most time not working :
http://www.amazon.com/3-5mm-Stereo-M.../dp/B000UHY6XU

working:
http://www.daydeal.com/product.php?productid=15783
Old 03-15-2008, 11:15 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Moto Q9c
Carrier: sprint

1oddmanout is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to 1oddmanout

Quote:
Originally Posted by drtrell View Post
from my experiments, i think that the adapter that comes with the mogul is only for use with a headset and microphone combination. thats why when people plug in a headset it tries to voice dial, because it senses something connected to the mic. you cannot use it with a plain stereo wired headset. i think the pin 1 fix, all that does is remove the pin that connects to the mic so you dont get both the mic and one of the channel connections touching the same portion of the plug. those of you cutting your pins might not be able to use a microphone headset afterward.
Logical, but doesn't explain how the supplied adapter works just fine with 2.17, but fails with 3.35. If the devices don't change, it must be some software/registry difference.

http://www.gratitudecampaign.org/fullmovie.php
Old 03-15-2008, 12:08 PM
Lurker

shadowreader is a n00b

update on this. I just went back to DCD 2.3.2 and 3.27 radio. This issue resolved and for some reason my GPS lock speed is a lot faster than before. Not sure why. Also, data speeds for me are much better with the 3.27 radio. Close to double in most areas I am usually in. Obviously not endorsing for everyone but I am happy with this setup unless something else crops up. Again, my issue occurred with Seidio mini usb to 3.5mm adapter and with the Seidio 4700X car kit. Audio out worked fine but when bluetooth call in progress audio would try to go out external audio instead of over bluetooth.
Old 03-15-2008, 04:51 PM
Lurker

beingno1 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue6800user View Post
Ok, ive been living with a broken adapter for a long time now. I just figured i would try the fix from the XDA page http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...69#post2024469

before i bought an entire new adapter. I could not believe that i got the fix to work! Its really not to difficult. Give it a shot before you buy a new adapter.
Tried and worked like a charm. Thanks!
Old 03-15-2008, 11:47 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Pure
Carrier: ATT

cmart4 is a n00b

mine works perfectly well wih the 3.35 rom

chis

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan