PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-30-2009, 10:12 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: iphone
Carrier: ATT

83SanDimas is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Official Titan built-in GPS Thread

Still plugging away on trying to get gps to work. Installed the Valhalla cab to my storage card and not device, could this be why it is not working? How would I uninstall?
Old 07-01-2009, 09:06 AM
Mr. Chevy
Pocket PC: Kaiser, XV6800, Ozone, & TP2
Carrier: Linearly polarized plane waves in LTE modulation

drewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Yes all gps cabs need to be on the device. You can uninstall it. Just try to reinstall to device. If it fails then do a hard reset and start over.

Last edited by drewcam888; 07-01-2009 at 09:08 AM.
Old 07-18-2009, 11:40 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Mogul/Titan
Carrier: Sprint

MatthewTennison is a n00b

Not sure if this has been covered here or not, but a word to the wise: The ROM version may or may not mean anything in regards to the GPS. I've been custom flashing my wife's and my mogul for a few months now. Here GPS always worked, but mine never seemed to initiate. After searching here, ppckitchen, and xda, I found that my ROM version (3.08.666.1) did not support GPS. Except I was running a custom WM 6.5 ROM. D'oh!

It turns out that in custom ROMs most developers don't update that number. My problem was that I didn't have the location setting to "on" in the phone settings. D'OH! again.

Anyway, hopefully this helps some soul as foolish as I
Old 07-21-2009, 08:41 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Verizon XV6800
Carrier: Verizon

linkboy321 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by MatthewTennison View Post
Not sure if this has been covered here or not, but a word to the wise: The ROM version may or may not mean anything in regards to the GPS. I've been custom flashing my wife's and my mogul for a few months now. Here GPS always worked, but mine never seemed to initiate. After searching here, ppckitchen, and xda, I found that my ROM version (3.08.666.1) did not support GPS. Except I was running a custom WM 6.5 ROM. D'oh!

It turns out that in custom ROMs most developers don't update that number. My problem was that I didn't have the location setting to "on" in the phone settings. D'OH! again.

Anyway, hopefully this helps some soul as foolish as I
I'm in the same boat, I'm running 6.5 and my GPS flat refuses to work. I'm running the same ROM version (3.08.666.1), my radio is 3.42.50.

I've checked the phone settings and the location is set to on.

I've also checked my GPS settings and everything, at least from what I've read, seems to be good

GPS Program Port: COM4
GPS Hardware Port: 0
Manage GPS automatically is checked

When I try to use Google Maps (or any other GPS program), the phone just searches and searches until it gives up.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.
Old 07-27-2009, 11:06 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: LG V10, iPhone 6 and Nokia ICON

DavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to DavidinCT Send a message via MSN to DavidinCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewcam888 View Post
I bet you have pri 2.03xx. Thsi MR1/MR2 pri blocks gps on any custom rom. You must downgrade and then unlock and flash custom radio and rom again.

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=21161
Drewcam,

You seem the be the expert on this. I have a strange issue. I got a replacement phone from verizon (WM 6.1 on it). I took this phone from the start and downgraded it with the directions there and back to stock/WM 6.0. From that point I unlocked with nueSPL-2.47, put on Radio 3.42.40 and flashed with my custom 6.5 rom. The PRI version is 2.03_002 after this. I attempted to redo everything (back to stock, then same steps to unlock it/flash it). It still shows the same PRI version and of course, GPS does not work at all.

Any idea how to fix this before I try flashing this again 20 times ?
Old 07-28-2009, 08:22 AM
Mr. Chevy
Pocket PC: Kaiser, XV6800, Ozone, & TP2
Carrier: Linearly polarized plane waves in LTE modulation

drewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

After you downgrade using the following links. Check the pri before unlokcing and installing custom. Is the pri 1.35_002? If no what is the rom and radio versions?
Old 07-28-2009, 12:46 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: LG V10, iPhone 6 and Nokia ICON

DavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to DavidinCT Send a message via MSN to DavidinCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewcam888 View Post
After you downgrade using the following links. Check the pri before unlokcing and installing custom. Is the pri 1.35_002? If no what is the rom and radio versions?
When it went back to WM 6.0 after relock, it was 1.35 or something close to that, I was watching.
Old 08-01-2009, 12:18 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Mogul 6800
Carrier: Alltel

boblpn is just getting started
Question Re: Official Titan built-in GPS Thread

When trying to open VisualGPSCE, I get an error stating:

Could not initialize communication buffer size.

I am using DCD 4.1.2 ROM

I have checked the settings stated in OP from TalynOne (COM 4, None, 4800, manage automatically)

I like the look and tools of VisualGPSCE. It was working previously on a ROM from BBSandKM, then I switched to DCD.

Further, I installed GPS Viewer, and it looks like it is picking up sats.

I can also lauch Google Maps and search locations.

How long does it take for VisualGPSCE to lauch and start showing information (alt, speed, direction, etc)?

Any help?

Thanks
Old 08-01-2009, 12:22 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Mogul 6800
Carrier: Alltel

boblpn is just getting started

Never mind, I think I got it.
Old 08-05-2009, 09:06 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: 6800
Carrier: vzw

sank is a n00b

I have the same problem. 3.08.666.1 from kitchen WM6.1 21042
Radio 3.42.50
PRL 51143
PRI 2.03_002

WIth HOLUX GPS Viewer, no satelites are ever acquired. :- (

I get a bunch of
Code:
$GPGSV,1,1,0
$GPGGA,,,,,,0,,,,,,,
$GPRMC,,V,,,,,,,,,,
$GPGSA,A,1,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
forever and ever and ever and ever and ever.....

Which means GPS is providing (respectively,) 1 satelite in view, Invalid Fix, Void, and No Fix. http://www.gpsinformation.org/dale/nmea.htm

One Last piece of info, this phone is new to me, and I haven't activated it onto VZW network yet because I won't keep it unless GPS works. So if there is some strange non-obvious reason why it would need cell service....

Thanks in advance!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidinCT View Post
Drewcam,

You seem the be the expert on this. I have a strange issue. I got a replacement phone from verizon (WM 6.1 on it). I took this phone from the start and downgraded it with the directions there and back to stock/WM 6.0. From that point I unlocked with nueSPL-2.47, put on Radio 3.42.40 and flashed with my custom 6.5 rom. The PRI version is 2.03_002 after this. I attempted to redo everything (back to stock, then same steps to unlock it/flash it). It still shows the same PRI version and of course, GPS does not work at all.

Any idea how to fix this before I try flashing this again 20 times ?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan