PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-01-2009, 10:58 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: VZW

blancmik is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: White Spots

I have also had a couple of replacements with Verizon and they keep sending me the 6800. The offered the blackberry pearl as a "compatible phone" when I said the only other WiMo phone they have with a keyboard is the TP. The agent basically laughed at me and said not a chance. She sent me another 6800.
Old 02-02-2009, 03:18 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: xv6700 -> xv6800 -> xv6850(TP) -> TOUCH PRO 2!
Carrier: Verizon

ZuneNinja! is becoming a PPCGeeks regularZuneNinja! is becoming a PPCGeeks regularZuneNinja! is becoming a PPCGeeks regularZuneNinja! is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by blancmik View Post
I have also had a couple of replacements with Verizon and they keep sending me the 6800. The offered the blackberry pearl as a "compatible phone" when I said the only other WiMo phone they have with a keyboard is the TP. The agent basically laughed at me and said not a chance. She sent me another 6800.
This is unfortunate news, how many replacements for the 6800 have you had already? I will not rest until verizon gives me a touch pro...

Old 02-02-2009, 12:07 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: 6700 and 6800
Carrier: Alltel

gnineorknad is a n00b

Same on mine, only visible on white screen!
Old 02-02-2009, 12:32 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Alltel 6800 > Touch Pro > Imagio>Droid Razr
Carrier: Alltel>Verizon

mastergadgets is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmastergadgets is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmastergadgets is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmastergadgets is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

Same problem with my HTC Alltel 6800. Did not really notice until I saw this post. Now im worried.
Old 02-02-2009, 01:23 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Mogul and Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

crazychef is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcrazychef is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcrazychef is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via MSN to crazychef Send a message via Skype™ to crazychef

blah blah blah....

we all get it, these phones have white spots, this is the dumbest thread by far to still have up.. vzw didnt even come close to sellin as many of these as sprint did, my guess is u have awhile till they run out... so deal with it, or stop complaining and buy a new phone already
"Lose?..I Dont Lose!.....I Win.....I Win.....Im a Lawyer, Thats My Job and Thats What I Do" -Keanu Reeves "Devils Advocate"
Old 02-02-2009, 09:51 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: xv6700 -> xv6800 -> xv6850(TP) -> TOUCH PRO 2!

ZuneNinja! is becoming a PPCGeeks regularZuneNinja! is becoming a PPCGeeks regularZuneNinja! is becoming a PPCGeeks regularZuneNinja! is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazychef View Post
blah blah blah....

we all get it, these phones have white spots, this is the dumbest thread by far to still have up.. vzw didnt even come close to sellin as many of these as sprint did, my guess is u have awhile till they run out... so deal with it, or stop complaining and buy a new phone already
This is about the most ignorant post you could have made. I am not made of money, and money doesn't grow on trees. I can not afford the functional TP that I so greatly desire. This is a support forum, we are all trying to gather information from each other to find which methods of acquiring a TP replacement with this issue have had success or failure.

P.S. where are your facts about sprint selling more 6800.

P.P.S. who gives a damn.
Old 02-04-2009, 09:56 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Fuze
Carrier: AT&T

rwspark is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZuneNinja! View Post
This is about the most ignorant post you could have made. I am not made of money, and money doesn't grow on trees. I can not afford the functional TP that I so greatly desire. This is a support forum, we are all trying to gather information from each other to find which methods of acquiring a TP replacement with this issue have had success or failure.
I have had 5 (maybe 6) replacements for my phone. They refuse to give me any other device since I am out of contract (have been for over a year). The last representative said she wouldn't even give this to a supervisor because in no way would they approve a device exchange. So I told her to keep sending me refurb phones. I just got one today and no white spots yet... One took about a month to get white spot. The last one had one right out of the box. You would think by the time I get 5 or 6 it would be cheaper to just give me the Pro...
Old 02-05-2009, 09:35 AM
Mr. Chevy
Pocket PC: Kaiser, XV6800, Ozone, & TP2
Carrier: Linearly polarized plane waves in LTE modulation

drewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by rwspark View Post
I have had 5 (maybe 6) replacements for my phone. They refuse to give me any other device since I am out of contract (have been for over a year). The last representative said she wouldn't even give this to a supervisor because in no way would they approve a device exchange. So I told her to keep sending me refurb phones. I just got one today and no white spots yet... One took about a month to get white spot. The last one had one right out of the box. You would think by the time I get 5 or 6 it would be cheaper to just give me the Pro...
The reason you keep getting them is that it doesn't cost them much. They just probably send your Mogul back out without refurbishing even though it has white spots.
Old 02-05-2009, 07:48 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Fuze
Carrier: AT&T

rwspark is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewcam888 View Post
The reason you keep getting them is that it doesn't cost them much. They just probably send your Mogul back out without refurbishing even though it has white spots.
Doesn't really bother me too much It costs them money to keep mailing them out 2-day shipping. It's like playing roulette. You never know when you are going to get a good one.
Old 02-05-2009, 07:53 PM
My ROMS On My Site
Pocket PC: Vogue

PDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by rwspark View Post
Doesn't really bother me too much It costs them money to keep mailing them out 2-day shipping. It's like playing roulette. You never know when you are going to get a good one.
I probably have cost Verizon 400 dollars in OVER NIGHT shipping, I have even had them do Saturday shipping. I always get them to give that to me for free. But you know what, I don't care because I pay a lot of money for phone service.

And yes, they refuse to pay attention the white spot issue. They don't fix none of it. I got a Mogul that couldn't even get phone service, and had a white spot. I called back and got another one and I was lucky to get a good refurb with no problems. Then two weeks later the white spot came. Every single Mogul has that issue.

I have decided to ignore it though. Other issues with this device bug me more. Like RAM.

If you enjoy my work or I have helped you out, and you want to send some love my way... it's appreciated but not required.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan