PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-28-2008, 05:18 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro & Blackberry 8330
Carrier: Sprint SERO

steps is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to steps
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbphelps View Post
Well, add me to the list of people with the 'spots'...

My first Mogul had developed all 3 in the corner... Didn't like it, but with Sprint now dumping people for being a 'pain' I figured it was simple enough to not worry about, but still it bothered me...

Then, that Mogul one day decided to go to the bootloader when it locked up and a hard-reset left it the way it was...

So, off to the Sprint store/service location I went, they gave me a new Mogul, which didn't have the spots so I thought all was well...

About two weeks later I have one spot on the new Mogul... I fear I may end up with all 3 again...

I am wondering if the heat issue is the problem , and if so, why they aren't using a heat insulating material on the back of the screen to protect it?
Sprint likes customers who accept the crap they give them. If sprint drops me (I have calle 3 months in a row for f*ck ups SPRINT CAUSED) they will defently have a lawsuit on their hands.
Old 01-30-2008, 12:44 AM
Lurker

melodicenmity is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by jawbreaker View Post
melocinemnity,

Mine has had this mysterious white spot for almost 5 months and it has not gotten worse. I only notice when I am composing emails/texts on a white screen, so I don't really mind it. I wouldn't bother trying to get it fixed unless it gets worse.
Thank you, I appreciate that input...As it is now, I want to keep my phone, I don't want to go through the hassle of an exchange...although Sprint is completely screwing me anyways right now...But if we both have the same white spot, that will not get worse...I'm fine with that...so I'm hoping I'm as "lucky" as you (If you could call having a white burn spot lucky) and it just stays the way it is...only noticeable while on a white or very light background...
I wonder why it does that though...Does not show up under dark colors...or even really on my today screen under a couple different themes I tried...I wonder what it really is...
Old 01-30-2008, 02:30 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC MOGUL

JeffGrinBarrett is a n00b
me too

white spot lower left corner here, had the phone for 3 weeks. exchanged for a new one with my insurance. replacement has exact same problem. like, they got me!
Old 01-30-2008, 02:31 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC MOGUL

JeffGrinBarrett is a n00b
me too

white spot lower left corner here, had the phone for 3 weeks. exchanged for a new one with my insurance. replacement has exact same problem. like, they got me!
Old 01-30-2008, 05:36 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: iphone
Carrier: ATT

AcidFire52 is a n00b
Just noticed my two white sports the other day, same spot as everyone else. Not really too worried about it, can hardly see em.
Old 02-08-2008, 01:29 AM
AnthroMatt

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
I got them too...boooo
Old 02-08-2008, 01:11 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

SpecialAgentSicari is a n00b
Send a message via Skype™ to SpecialAgentSicari
Thumbs up Update!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpecialAgentSicari View Post
I went to a corporate sprint store today and tried to get my phone swapped out due to the white spots. They replaced my screen with a refurb screen. The frame was all scratched up and when I spoke to the tech that replaced it he told me that they don't see it as a that big of a problem. My only option was to take it or have them put my old screen back on. What BullS&@t. I'm going to call sprint customer service when I get to work and see what I can get them to do.
Alright guys and gals, I called Sprint customer service and after about 3 hours on the phone with them and about 5 different people I finally got them to ship me out a brand new phone. Haven't noticed any white spots yet, but i assume they will come up sooner than later.
Old 02-08-2008, 01:54 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: xv6800

TimmyTooK is a n00b
I got my XV6800 on 12/21/07. I had the spot issue. Not sure when it started but once I noticed it I was not too happy about it. To me a 3 week old phone that costs $399 to have this defect is unacceptable.

I called Verizon, they told me to take it to the local store, and they swapped it out. I was expecting a hassle at some point but they just swapped it out.

New unit is good so far.
Old 02-08-2008, 03:03 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint SERO

muyoso is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmuyoso is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmuyoso is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmuyoso is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
I am on my second 6800 now. My first one had a cracked LCD, and had the white spots as everyone else has. The replacement one I got, didnt have this issue. Now it does. If you slide out the LCD screen, and look at the back, the LCD portion of the phone is thicker RICHT where the white spots show up. This leads me to believe that the circuitry for the LCD is in this location, and is causing the white spots. I am fairly certain EVERYONE will eventually get the white spots. Not sure if it is a heat issue, a pressure issue, or some other issue, but I am leaning towards heat.
Old 02-27-2008, 11:37 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Surround
Carrier: AT&T

Tiberius85 is keeping up the good workTiberius85 is keeping up the good work
Re: White Spots

I have 2 white spots and a dark spot on my phone.. have noticed them for at least 4 months.. its not a huge issue and i only notice them on completly white screens, so I havent swapped it out.. but now that some of you are, I would like a new phone....

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan