PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-20-2008, 12:10 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Mogul
Carrier: Sprint

Chunky Monkey is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Thanks ikon...so it is probably not something we can fix ourselves.

I find it interesting that there are reports of different numbers of dots. I have one. Others have two or three. That makes me think it might not be pressure or a design flaw, but simply faulty LCDs.

Any LCD gurus have any input?
Old 01-23-2008, 04:56 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

hexonic is a n00b
Ok, i opened up a phone yesterday to see what sits right behind the LCD. Right behind where the dots can form is a chip sitting on a piece of mental about as thin as a piece of paper. this piece of metal is tapped flush with the back of the lcd. I'm thinking its just heat from that chip if you leave the lcd on. i put some heat tape that is found in cellphones between the two. hopefully i will never get the white dots.
Old 01-23-2008, 06:16 PM
Regular 'Geeker

sandiegodude is just getting started
mine had the spots straight out of the box brand new. the tech said tha i put too much pressure on the lcd to cause this. i didn't argue with him since it was being replaced for free due to a keyboard malfunction. the replacement has a very faint spot in the same corner, but not enough to mention (i know i just did) it only visible on a white screen anyway.
Old 01-23-2008, 06:30 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro
Carrier: sprint

hyjkim is a n00b
I also have the same white dots. Hilarious.
Old 01-23-2008, 06:31 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

eehrhard is becoming a PPCGeeks regulareehrhard is becoming a PPCGeeks regulareehrhard is becoming a PPCGeeks regulareehrhard is becoming a PPCGeeks regulareehrhard is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Well I guess it was only a matter of time... I have a very small area that I just noticed on my newest phone. I really had to look for it and still can only see it on completely white screens so I may wait to exchange again. I may complain to HTC this time just to see what they say.
Old 01-27-2008, 09:54 PM
Lurker

melodicenmity is a n00b
Hm...

Just saw the white burn, lower left hand corner today...Came after 2 and 1/2 weeks of use...new phone. Right now it is only noticeable on white or very light backgrounds...Unfortunately, I've had the phone now for over the 30 day period, and have a feeling sprint is going to give me a real hard time getting a new one... From everyone's experience...I see that people have had their 6800 exchanged numerous times and hasn't seemed to help...But, has anyone received a new one and have used it for a substantial amount of time without the burn reoccurring? And to those who have decided to keep it with the burn, did it progressively get worse?? I have just spoken to three people at Sprint, neither of which have heard of this problem. Though I referred them to this and other websites about this issue, it apparently was not on their list of problems with the mogul. The end of each conversation before being transferred was "take it to a sprint service center and see if they can do anything for you." After that failed attempt I called HTC. The person I spoke to also claimed never to have heard of this problem, and that if this is happening so soon, it is rare and should be replaced by Sprint...then told me to take it to a Sprint service center...haha. So, any suggestions? Besides going to a Sprint Store...which I am going to do Tuesday when I can finally break free...If it will just stay this somewhat faint white burn, not visible behind color, I'm not going to return it because it's just too much of a pain to reinstall everything, reapply the screen protector (which dries for 24 hours)...etc...So any opinions and more detailed experiences with this burn would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Last edited by melodicenmity; 01-27-2008 at 10:08 PM.
Old 01-28-2008, 02:58 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

Matt is keeping up the good workMatt is keeping up the good work
melocinemnity,

Mine has had this mysterious white spot for almost 5 months and it has not gotten worse. I only notice when I am composing emails/texts on a white screen, so I don't really mind it. I wouldn't bother trying to get it fixed unless it gets worse.
Old 01-28-2008, 03:38 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

SpecialAgentSicari is a n00b
Send a message via Skype™ to SpecialAgentSicari
Thumbs down **Update**

I went to a corporate sprint store today and tried to get my phone swapped out due to the white spots. They replaced my screen with a refurb screen. The frame was all scratched up and when I spoke to the tech that replaced it he told me that they don't see it as a that big of a problem. My only option was to take it or have them put my old screen back on. What BullS&@t. I'm going to call sprint customer service when I get to work and see what I can get them to do.
Old 01-28-2008, 11:31 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

eehrhard is becoming a PPCGeeks regulareehrhard is becoming a PPCGeeks regulareehrhard is becoming a PPCGeeks regulareehrhard is becoming a PPCGeeks regulareehrhard is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpecialAgentSicari View Post
I went to a corporate sprint store today and tried to get my phone swapped out due to the white spots. They replaced my screen with a refurb screen. The frame was all scratched up and when I spoke to the tech that replaced it he told me that they don't see it as a that big of a problem. My only option was to take it or have them put my old screen back on. What BullS&@t. I'm going to call sprint customer service when I get to work and see what I can get them to do.
Go though E-care first. Use the online chat or email and let them know what happened and that you are upset about it. They have been very responsive when I have dealt with them. Good luck!
Old 01-28-2008, 05:00 PM
Lurker

dbphelps is a n00b
Angry

Well, add me to the list of people with the 'spots'...

My first Mogul had developed all 3 in the corner... Didn't like it, but with Sprint now dumping people for being a 'pain' I figured it was simple enough to not worry about, but still it bothered me...

Then, that Mogul one day decided to go to the bootloader when it locked up and a hard-reset left it the way it was...

So, off to the Sprint store/service location I went, they gave me a new Mogul, which didn't have the spots so I thought all was well...

About two weeks later I have one spot on the new Mogul... I fear I may end up with all 3 again...

I am wondering if the heat issue is the problem , and if so, why they aren't using a heat insulating material on the back of the screen to protect it?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan