PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-15-2008, 09:46 AM
morsus mihi
Pocket PC: iPhone 4
Carrier: AT&T

schettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
So, you've got the wifi on, and a blinking wifi LED and little wifi radio tower icon up at the top- sorry just have to ask... and yet, essentially no wifi anywhere? Like if you go to a starbucks, you get nothing there as well?

That smacks of a hardware issue. You've got no third-party software installed since it stopped working? It's essentially the standard function of WM6 to scan for networks when you turn on wifi.... it should associate with your preferred network, but you should see all the networks it can see in whatever mode you have it in (ie, Networks to Access - All Available.)

If it's not doing that, and you don't have any 3rd party software that might interfere, then that pretty much leaves the hardware.
Old 01-15-2008, 10:05 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: 6800 mogul

Stevenewjersey is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
I would try flashing the rom again. Its either a 3rd party app or a bad rom/hardware issue. With a fresh rom and the switch on it should automaticly pick up and try to connect to the network. If it doesnt warrenty that puppy.
Old 01-15-2008, 10:21 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: sprint

poorlyduck knows their stuffpoorlyduck knows their stuffpoorlyduck knows their stuffpoorlyduck knows their stuffpoorlyduck knows their stuffpoorlyduck knows their stuffpoorlyduck knows their stuff
Send a message via Yahoo to poorlyduck
I have the SSID broadcasting off and still get the wifi to work with no problem, Im using WPA pre shared key, TKIP for wpa algorithms, Im not broadcasting SSID I have it disabled, but I had to add the MAC address for the mogul in the wireless mac filter list so it will be able to detect the network, if you need any assistance I can walk you through in how to setup your router and your mogul, the wifi internet is 10 times faster than evdo, I also detect some router next to my house but I dismiss them as I already have mine permanent.
Old 01-15-2008, 01:32 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC 6800 (Mogul), EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

Goddbody is a VIPGoddbody is a VIPGoddbody is a VIPGoddbody is a VIPGoddbody is a VIPGoddbody is a VIPGoddbody is a VIPGoddbody is a VIPGoddbody is a VIPGoddbody is a VIPGoddbody is a VIP
Send a message via AIM to Goddbody Send a message via Yahoo to Goddbody
Yeah there is no third party software on the phone. It is set to detect all available wireless networks, and the switch is on and there is a tower signal when I try to connect to a network. The tower's beaking blinks like it's looking for a network but then stops and defaults to a slim tower beakin. I remember that it stoped auto detecting before the ROM update and I was hoping that the new ROM (2.170) would fix the issue but it didn't. I believe that it was an Hardware issue, but the Sprint CS people keep saying they don't support Wifi in an effort to not have to swap the phone out.
Old 01-15-2008, 02:01 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy Note 2

bkhoste knows their stuffbkhoste knows their stuffbkhoste knows their stuffbkhoste knows their stuffbkhoste knows their stuffbkhoste knows their stuff
I just got my Mogul this past weekend, I charged it, flipped the WiFi switch on. It brought up a list of available networks, I clicked on mine, put in the password and it was working fine. I did flash to the ROM 2.17 on the Sprint site and it still works fine. I will keep an eye out for anything weird happening that cases it to stop working and let you know if anyone finds a fix.
Old 01-15-2008, 08:08 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: sprint

poorlyduck knows their stuffpoorlyduck knows their stuffpoorlyduck knows their stuffpoorlyduck knows their stuffpoorlyduck knows their stuffpoorlyduck knows their stuffpoorlyduck knows their stuff
Send a message via Yahoo to poorlyduck
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goddbody View Post
Yeah there is no third party software on the phone. It is set to detect all available wireless networks, and the switch is on and there is a tower signal when I try to connect to a network. The tower's beaking blinks like it's looking for a network but then stops and defaults to a slim tower beakin. I remember that it stoped auto detecting before the ROM update and I was hoping that the new ROM (2.170) would fix the issue but it didn't. I believe that it was an Hardware issue, but the Sprint CS people keep saying they don't support Wifi in an effort to not have to swap the phone out.
sometimes the hard reset after a new ROM helps fixes a lot of problems, have you tried it?
Old 01-16-2008, 05:08 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC 6800 (Mogul), EVO 4G
Threadstarter

Goddbody is a VIPGoddbody is a VIPGoddbody is a VIPGoddbody is a VIPGoddbody is a VIPGoddbody is a VIPGoddbody is a VIPGoddbody is a VIPGoddbody is a VIPGoddbody is a VIPGoddbody is a VIP
Send a message via AIM to Goddbody Send a message via Yahoo to Goddbody
Well actually all the Roms and firmware I have ever installed on a handheld hard resets automatically by default. Yes it was hard reset after I flash the latest ROM version I am running. I am just concerned that if Sprint doesn't get me a new phone I will not be able to take advantage of the upcoming EVDO Rev A with built in GPS functionality promised on the next firmware update. This smells very badly of a Hardware issue as many forum members have previously pointed out.
Old 01-17-2008, 11:34 PM
N00b

zelet is a n00b
I'm having this exact same problem. It used to work on this phone but now it wont. I've had this model of phone for only 5 months and I've already experienced:
1. White spots on the screen (both phones)
2. Broken green phone button (first phone)
3. Broken left softkey button (first phone)
4. Broken Fn button (both phones)
5. Broken Wifi

I'm not hard on the phone - I promise! I really think this thing is a huge piece of crap. I just wish they had a different (non-HTC) phone with the same size or bigger screen.

Last edited by zelet; 01-17-2008 at 11:45 PM.
Old 01-18-2008, 09:36 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Fujitsu 4220

justauser is a n00b
I am having wifi problems as well. At home, I can connect to the router and access the Internet, but can't even ping PCs on the local network. At work, it connects to the router but I can't access the Internet or ping local systems. Both nets use 192.168.x.x type addressing. Very strange. I had no such issue with the 6700. MS must have "improved" somehting.
Old 01-18-2008, 06:01 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

kingsfan626 is a n00b
Connection error on some routers.

Hey everyone I don't know if this will help or not but in my house I have set up three different routers. When I try to connect to my Airlink Wireless N router I continue to get the error but when I used an older Wireless G router I had no problems connecting but the only problem is when I'm upstairs I can't get access to the G router. What I did was put another Wireless G next to my Wireless N router and now I'm able to connect anywhere in the house.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan