PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-24-2008, 09:06 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Mogul

netcowboy is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Sprint Mogule by HTC not Auto Recognizing Wifi Networks

I too struggled with this for a week. Here is how I fixed it.

I went to

Settings>Connections>Connections>Advanced>Select Networks

I chose "Programs that require connection to Internet" I counterintuitively chose "My Work Network" instead of Sprint.

Then I was able to connect to local wifi networks just fine.
Old 03-25-2008, 02:40 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Telus

Huggybear is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by netcowboy View Post
I too struggled with this for a week. Here is how I fixed it.

I went to

Settings>Connections>Connections>Advanced>Select Networks

I chose "Programs that require connection to Internet" I counterintuitively chose "My Work Network" instead of Sprint.

Then I was able to connect to local wifi networks just fine.

Unfortunately I've tried this - except insert Telus for Sprint. No dice. This isn't the first time this has happened with this phone...well it's the first time it's happened with THIS phone, but not my first experience with this issue and the p4000. I'll try a new ROM and see if there's any change. This is driving me nuts!

Last edited by Huggybear; 03-25-2008 at 04:21 PM.
Old 04-01-2008, 12:41 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D
Carrier: Sprint

bigwrigg is just getting started
Send a message via AIM to bigwrigg Send a message via Yahoo to bigwrigg

I posted the below on a similar thread a little while ago. Hope this helps.

I am glad you guys started this thread.
I work on PDA's all day long and recently upgraded my self to one of the ones we acquired. Out of 8 Moguls, 2 of them had Wifi problems. I managed to upgrade them with the 3.35 rom and still had the same issue. Its not the physical switch on the side of the unit, i checked that first thing, not to mention the icon would appear when i used the switch.

I did note on the inside of the unit, there appears to be an antenna on the top of the device under the keyboard. On the 2 that had wifi problems, I noticed what appeared to be a small bubble of solder near the lead going to the antenna, one of the working wifi units did NOT have this. SO i am wondering if its a cold solder joint, or a short that caused it to melt, or just bad manufacturing. Now without knowing for sure if thats indeed a wifi antenna, the CDMA antenna, or a combination of the two, i cant really confirm if this is the problem. But for now i am leaning towards that.
One more thing to note, they would get signal if i pressed hard on the unit towards the top, or if jarred it might connect for a few minutes. But overall its about 90% non working.

On all 8 moguls, i would also have to turn on WIfi, turn on radio, let it connect to Sprint system, then turn off radio in order to get wifi to work with non active units. So if someone wanted to buy one for wifi use only and not actual phone, they would have to figure this out. This is the first time i have seen a PDA do this. Normally you can turn on the wifi with no radio on and it would connect. Not this device.
Old 04-01-2008, 03:31 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

Slevin is a n00b

One more for "I had the same Exact problem" as you described. I couldn't figure it out for the life of me. I tired 3 different ROM's and actually tried the original Sprint ROM and the newer 2.17 at the time. All of them yielded the same results, WiFi on, but I coudn't see or connect to any.
I recently, like last week just put No2Chem's 3.35 ROM on my phone, but didn't even try WiFi because I had written it off as broken.
Well, I came across this thread today and just for the hell of it knowing it wouldn't work, decided to turn on WiFi and see what happened....and to my FREAKIN surprise, I see wireless networks around me. YAY!!!!!!!!!
Now, I have no, and I mean absolutely NO idea what could have caused this. I never tried WiFi when I got the phone because I had good EVDO speeds at home, so there seemed no reason. And I didn't want to return my phone because it has the awesomest "fluke" feature of any cell phone I have EVER had.....I can hear my callers BEFORE I pick up the call....that is when the call I can hear EVERYTHING through my speaker w/out picking up the call. The most AMAZING thing I have ever had on a cell phone, I'll never get rid of this phone!!! But, looks like I don't even have to because my WiFi is now working.
Sorry I couldn't provide any other assistance

Slevin
Old 05-24-2008, 01:37 PM
Lurker

u999333 is a n00b

Having the same problem here. Wifi was working fine. Damaged phone (in water) and received replacement one through sprint replacement program. Wifi now does not see any networks, can't manually connect to a known good one, and doesn't show any signs of life. This is a show stopper for me. Mogul is supposed to have working wifi. Either sprint gives me another one with working wifi or they've permanently lost another customer. Either way, its turned into a major waste of time.
Old 11-22-2009, 08:48 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 T7381
Carrier: 2degrees

mastersm is a n00b

same here...no more wifi?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan