PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-14-2008, 01:44 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC 6800 (Mogul), EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

Goddbody is a VIPGoddbody is a VIPGoddbody is a VIPGoddbody is a VIPGoddbody is a VIPGoddbody is a VIPGoddbody is a VIPGoddbody is a VIPGoddbody is a VIPGoddbody is a VIPGoddbody is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to Goddbody Send a message via Yahoo to Goddbody
Sprint Mogule by HTC not Auto Recognizing Wifi Networks

My Mogule is not auto detecting Wifi and I have tried repeated unsuccessfully to configure the settings to auto detect wireless networks. I put in the settings for my home network and it keeps saying unavailable. I am wondering if I have to got to the Admin Control Panel on my Linksys home router and allow my Mogule to connect. My PPC 6700 and this Mogule did auto detect Wireless Networks in the past, but Sprint reset the Phone via a Customer Service telephone call ad every since then the device stop auto detecting. Is there something that Sprint is doing regarding Wifi because they now tell me that Wifi is third party, which is complete BS because why else would they put a Wifi on and off toggle switch on the Mogule. Thanks in advance for any assistance offered.
Old 01-14-2008, 02:49 PM
morsus mihi
Pocket PC: iPhone 4
Carrier: AT&T

schettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Wha?
Of course wifi is third-party... you are not using sprint's wifi network, they won't give you support on using your wifi at your house.

So, walk me through the basics of your setup - no details like wep/wpa keys or ssids needed, but lets start with
(1) wifi switch on
(2) home network - a/b/g/n? open/wep/wpa?
(3) on mogul, start/settings/Connectons WiFi - at the bottom there under Networks to Access it should say All Available. If not, choose that
(4) Your home network should show up in the list...
Old 01-14-2008, 07:48 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Goddbody is a VIPGoddbody is a VIPGoddbody is a VIPGoddbody is a VIPGoddbody is a VIPGoddbody is a VIPGoddbody is a VIPGoddbody is a VIPGoddbody is a VIPGoddbody is a VIPGoddbody is a VIP
IThey won't give me support on settting up wifi at all. I never asked for assistance for my home network, and I only tried to access the house wifi after several failed attempts to get it to automatically connect like it's suppose to do.

Yeah it's a no brainer it should be under Networks to access, but it's only there because i crreated a new network. It will not connect and when I am out in about it won't acess anything. The EVDO Tower always defaults to a slim tower it will only began to scan if I try to connect to a web page and always uses the Sprint connection to connect to the internet.

Here is my configuration:

1. Wifi switch on
2. Start Menu/Settings/Connections/Wifi
3. Networks to Access - All Available (wont acknowledge or detect wireless networks)
4. Add New - SSID added,
5. Connects to: The Internet (device to device "ADHOC" connection not checked)
6. Authentification - Open, Data Encryption - WEP,
7. The key is automatically provided is not checked, Network key is added, key index - 1.
8. Use IEEE.802.1xNAC not checked, and EAP Type set to PEAP.

When I click connect it will not connect keeps saying unavailable even when I stand net tothe router.
Old 01-14-2008, 07:50 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Also what Network Adapter should I be using?
Old 01-14-2008, 07:56 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

And yeah I don't know what the hell I was thinking, Wifi is third party. What I was trying to say is that the new wifi toggle switch on the Mogule should be cause to get assistance from customer service. I don't understand the concept of adding this piece of hardware and not wanting to offer support for it.
Old 01-14-2008, 09:37 PM
morsus mihi
Pocket PC: iPhone 4
Carrier: AT&T

schettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Ah gotcha. No sprint does not provide any support for the non-cellular part.

Back to the troubleshooting. So far, sounds OK, but man you should be seeing your network unless you have turned off SSID broadcast in your access point. I turned mine on just now and it picked up all three of my wireless networks (don't ask) as well as the 4 from my neighbors (ah, California)

Check the Wireless LAN icon in Settings/Connections
Current Configuration?
Power Mode? Try cranking that over to Best Performance...

I assume you did try a soft reset? If you have tried using the WMWifiRouter app, it will make your wifi non-functional until a soft-reset.
Old 01-14-2008, 11:45 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Mogul

natose is a n00b
I'm having the same problem, after a hard reset the phone no longer detects my wireless router. I am on my PC which i am obviously getting to the internet on, wireless. The phone is just below my keyboard and about 15 feet away from the wireless router. I get nothing. i am not able to configure the Wireless LAN, because the phone will not let you configure the wireless LAN without entering a user name. I don't have user names defined on my wireless router.

I go to Start/settings/connections/wireless LAN. On the Main tab, all fields are disabled so i can not edit any option on the Main tab. I then click on the Advanced tab and see status: disconnected from network. The MAC address is populated, but the IP address is blank. I then click on LEAP tab, and the dialog box is blank. The WiFi toggle is set to on. I then click new and enter the SSID of my wireless router. I have no user name to add but you must add one anyway. I enter the password i have configured for accessing the wireless router with my PC or laptop. I left Domain blank as this field is also blank on the router. Then click the Open System radio button. I then click ok and wallah! Nothing!

When i attempt to configure the WiFi, i get the same results as Goddbody. I took the phone to the PCS store this morning and i got no help, not that they did not try, but she walked me through the steps to set up the wireless LAN. After realizing that she had not clue as to what i was trying to communicate to her, i took my phone and left before she did a Hard Reset so i could configure the wireless LAN setting. NO Thanks! please remove your hands from my device. So i've come here to the place where individuals know what they are talking about. Glad to know im not the only one with this issue.
Old 01-14-2008, 11:49 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

johnnychimpo is just getting started
do you have the 2.17 rom?
Old 01-14-2008, 11:50 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Mogul

Ghettobob is a n00b
I am also having the same exact problem...Which I posted about in another thread and no one replied :-/
Old 01-15-2008, 09:26 AM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Yes I flashed to the 2.17 ROM. I never flashed that original upgrade which Sprint then suddenly told us to flash back from. I do recall seeing the device's bubble com up in the past detecting a wireless network, but it has stoped functioning all together.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan