PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-24-2007, 04:28 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S II Epic 4G Touch
Carrier: Sprint

jimmiekain is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjimmiekain is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjimmiekain is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjimmiekain is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjimmiekain is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to jimmiekain Send a message via MSN to jimmiekain Send a message via Yahoo to jimmiekain
Thumbs up Mogul VS. Tilt

The sprint mogul or the at&t tilt---Whats better? and why?

Dont get me wrong, I love my sprint mogul but the coverage in my area sucks and I cant afford to pay over $80 a month and miss 80% of my calls! Problem is AT&T doesnt really have good coverage in my area either.

So I guess what I'm asking is... Should I keep sprint and my mogul eventhough the coverage sucks or should I pay the $200 cancel fee and get the tilt. Or should I wait for Verizon to release the Mogul?? and why??
Old 10-24-2007, 04:37 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: sprint

gobmonster is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargobmonster is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargobmonster is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
It depends, do you want to blow 200$ dollars, and not to mention the wasted money you spent on the mogul, and also the price of a contract with atnt just so you can fix some small issues

now if your one of those people who have gone through 5-6 moguls, i drop sprint or complain to hell to them until they drop your cancellation fee

the tilt adds maybe three true features, a tilt screen, more ram, and a better camera (slightly better, no flash)

honestly, if your the type to blow money on phones, then trust me, the tilt is not a big enough upgrade to satisfy you, id wait for that new imate phone, its sposed be like the kaiser-tilt but vga display

http://www.engadget.com/2007/10/23/i...e-over-kaiser/
Old 10-24-2007, 04:46 PM
Almost a VIP
Threadstarter

jimmiekain is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjimmiekain is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjimmiekain is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjimmiekain is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjimmiekain is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to jimmiekain Send a message via MSN to jimmiekain Send a message via Yahoo to jimmiekain
Quote:
Originally Posted by gobmonster View Post
It depends, do you want to blow 200$ dollars, and not to mention the wasted money you spent on the mogul, and also the price of a contract with atnt just so you can fix some small issues

now if your one of those people who have gone through 5-6 moguls, i drop sprint or complain to hell to them until they drop your cancellation fee

the tilt adds maybe three true features, a tilt screen, more ram, and a better camera (slightly better, no flash)

honestly, if your the type to blow money on phones, then trust me, the tilt is not a big enough upgrade to satisfy you, id wait for that new imate phone, its sposed be like the kaiser-tilt but vga display

Well I feel like I'm wasting my money on this mogul. I've had it replaced 3 times and I'm still not getting my inbound calls. I called it 10 times (5x from my moms vzw phone and 5x from my home phone) and it only rang 2x out of 10 calls! thats pitiful! Besides I could alwasy sell my mogul... its new from the sprint insurance company.

That imate looks cool but is there touch screen? and is it gonna be for sprint?
Old 10-24-2007, 07:32 PM
Wiredengineer
Pocket PC: EVO 3D/Acer Iconia Tab!

PropagandaX knows their stuffPropagandaX knows their stuffPropagandaX knows their stuffPropagandaX knows their stuffPropagandaX knows their stuffPropagandaX knows their stuff
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quote:

Doesnt it also have integrated GPS as well. That and the increase in memory (which is barely enough on the mogul to browse the web with any kind of quickness) is enough for me to want the Tilt......too bad i just bought my mogul
Old 10-24-2007, 07:42 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro

erick10 is a n00b
sero plan

how can i get a sero plan..........i wpould be interested since their cheap and nice,.........but i heard that u have to work in sprint or know someone that works in sprint.....i dont know no 1 who works in sprint.......i would like to get my hands on that mogul since i have the nice lookin/skow ass wing.........but i love it since its so skinny..... i dont like the tilt cause of the network and its fat ass hell and heavy ass
Old 10-24-2007, 07:54 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: x
Carrier: x

Primenall is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPrimenall is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPrimenall is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPrimenall is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Quote:
Originally Posted by erick10 View Post
how can i get a sero plan..........i wpould be interested since their cheap and nice,.........but i heard that u have to work in sprint or know someone that works in sprint.....i dont know no 1 who works in sprint.......i would like to get my hands on that mogul since i have the nice lookin/skow ass wing.........but i love it since its so skinny..... i dont like the tilt cause of the network and its fat ass hell and heavy ass
Not really the right place to ask/answer as it's way off topic, but go here it has all the info you need, it's really long so read the first page for the basics and last to see what's going on currently
http://forums.slickdeals.net/showthread.php?t=563252
Old 10-25-2007, 06:45 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic

pauld5999 is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to pauld5999
Quote:
Originally Posted by erick10 View Post
send me a pm!
Old 10-25-2007, 06:36 PM
Almost a VIP
Threadstarter

Quote:

are u gonna get the tilt?
Old 10-26-2007, 12:58 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: sprint

gobmonster is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargobmonster is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargobmonster is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiekain View Post
are u gonna get the tilt?
haha, undoubtedly NO!

the tilt is nice and all, but its not that much of an upgrade, not to mention that atnt/cingular is the worse wireless carrier on my side of town, and coupling that with no roaming is hazardess

honestly, im coming from a phone that never worked, then a phone that never interested me, for the mogul to be my first PPC im very pleased, and i think its well worth waiting atleast a year and a half for sprint to try again and knock out the problems with it (via 6900) than to switch to another carrier
Old 10-29-2007, 07:44 PM
Almost a VIP
Threadstarter

Quote:
haha, undoubtedly NO!

the tilt is nice and all, but its not that much of an upgrade, not to mention that atnt/cingular is the worse wireless carrier on my side of town, and coupling that with no roaming is hazardess

honestly, im coming from a phone that never worked, then a phone that never interested me, for the mogul to be my first PPC im very pleased, and i think its well worth waiting atleast a year and a half for sprint to try again and knock out the problems with it (via 6900) than to switch to another carrier

good idea!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan