Thread: Mogul VS. Tilt
View Single Post
Old 11-06-2007, 06:11 PM
boe
Almost a VIP

boe is keeping up the good workboe is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
I just set up a Tilt for someone yesterday - my opinion based on my experience with several Moguls

The Tilt is another POS phone not unlike the mogul

Tilt seems to take longer to fully boot - reminds me of Windows - you see your backgound screen and icons but it seems to be loading crap in the background so it is slow even though it looks to be booted.

Tilt has a tilting feature slightly better in that respect for typing but for some reason I didn't like the keyboard as much although they are similar

Tilt is slightly thicker than the mogul - what is wrong with HTC?

Tilt has a problem with button assignment - I imagine will be addressed by a firmware update - side buttons don't reassign properly dpad buttons do.

Tilt seemed slightly heavier.

Since I have a mogul I don't carry my BT headset with me so I didn't get a chance to test if the tilt was better - I guess the obvious question - could it possibly be worse than the mogul?

Tilt has some GPS connection unit in the back - I should find out what that is for.

The tilt has more ram (or maybe rom I always get that mixed up on phones)

The tilt has a better camera but it doesn't have a flash - to me the flash is 1000 times more important as I have a camera for taking decent pictures - I'll use a soggy cocktail napkin and a pencil when I need something that can't be made out instead of my phone. I use the flash all the time as a light/flashlight - not sure why it isn't a standard feature. They bulk up your phone with a useless camera but remove the tiny LED to save space?

Same low resolution screen as the mogul.

Last edited by boe; 11-06-2007 at 09:41 PM.