PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-24-2007, 04:28 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S II Epic 4G Touch
Carrier: Sprint

jimmiekain is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjimmiekain is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjimmiekain is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjimmiekain is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjimmiekain is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to jimmiekain Send a message via MSN to jimmiekain Send a message via Yahoo to jimmiekain
Thumbs up Mogul VS. Tilt

The sprint mogul or the at&t tilt---Whats better? and why?

Dont get me wrong, I love my sprint mogul but the coverage in my area sucks and I cant afford to pay over $80 a month and miss 80% of my calls! Problem is AT&T doesnt really have good coverage in my area either.

So I guess what I'm asking is... Should I keep sprint and my mogul eventhough the coverage sucks or should I pay the $200 cancel fee and get the tilt. Or should I wait for Verizon to release the Mogul?? and why??
Old 10-24-2007, 04:37 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: sprint

gobmonster is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargobmonster is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargobmonster is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
It depends, do you want to blow 200$ dollars, and not to mention the wasted money you spent on the mogul, and also the price of a contract with atnt just so you can fix some small issues

now if your one of those people who have gone through 5-6 moguls, i drop sprint or complain to hell to them until they drop your cancellation fee

the tilt adds maybe three true features, a tilt screen, more ram, and a better camera (slightly better, no flash)

honestly, if your the type to blow money on phones, then trust me, the tilt is not a big enough upgrade to satisfy you, id wait for that new imate phone, its sposed be like the kaiser-tilt but vga display

http://www.engadget.com/2007/10/23/i...e-over-kaiser/
Old 10-24-2007, 04:44 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: tp2
Carrier: sprint

dew.man is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardew.man is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardew.man is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardew.man is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardew.man is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiekain View Post

Dont get me wrong, I love my sprint mogul but the coverage in my area sucks and I cant afford to pay over $80 a month and miss 80% of my calls! Problem is AT&T doesnt really have good coverage in my area either.

So I guess what I'm asking is... Should I keep sprint and my mogul eventhough the coverage sucks or should I pay the $200 cancel fee and get the tilt. Or should I wait for Verizon to release the Mogul?? and why??
As far as the phones go, that's a no brainer: the Tilt is a better phone (the Mogul is based on a Tytn and the Tilt is a Tytn II).

However, at least in my experience with AT&T, the network cripples any GSM phone to the point where it doesn't matter which is better.

Case and point: Up until earlier this year I had several very cool GSM phones that were capable of 3g speeds and in a few select locations, they were much better than my current Mogul. However, I live, work and play in the suburbs of Detroit, and way too many instances where I could not even place a voice call on AT&T's network. And although I could reach 900 kbs data speeds in one or two places, there were way too many locations where I could not get above 10 kbs.

The tilt may be a great phone, but I'd rather have a Mogul (or even a Centro) that, when I need to, I can make calls and get on the web/check my email with...
Old 10-24-2007, 04:46 PM
Almost a VIP
Threadstarter

jimmiekain is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjimmiekain is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjimmiekain is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjimmiekain is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjimmiekain is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to jimmiekain Send a message via MSN to jimmiekain Send a message via Yahoo to jimmiekain
Quote:
Originally Posted by gobmonster View Post
It depends, do you want to blow 200$ dollars, and not to mention the wasted money you spent on the mogul, and also the price of a contract with atnt just so you can fix some small issues

now if your one of those people who have gone through 5-6 moguls, i drop sprint or complain to hell to them until they drop your cancellation fee

the tilt adds maybe three true features, a tilt screen, more ram, and a better camera (slightly better, no flash)

honestly, if your the type to blow money on phones, then trust me, the tilt is not a big enough upgrade to satisfy you, id wait for that new imate phone, its sposed be like the kaiser-tilt but vga display

http://www.engadget.com/2007/10/23/i...e-over-kaiser/

Well I feel like I'm wasting my money on this mogul. I've had it replaced 3 times and I'm still not getting my inbound calls. I called it 10 times (5x from my moms vzw phone and 5x from my home phone) and it only rang 2x out of 10 calls! thats pitiful! Besides I could alwasy sell my mogul... its new from the sprint insurance company.

That imate looks cool but is there touch screen? and is it gonna be for sprint?
Old 10-24-2007, 04:48 PM
Almost a VIP
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dew.man View Post
As far as the phones go, that's a no brainer: the Tilt is a better phone (the Mogul is based on a Tytn and the Tilt is a Tytn II).

However, at least in my experience with AT&T, the network cripples any GSM phone to the point where it doesn't matter which is better.

Case and point: Up until earlier this year I had several very cool GSM phones that were capable of 3g speeds and in a few select locations, they were much better than my current Mogul. However, I live, work and play in the suburbs of Detroit, and way too many instances where I could not even place a voice call on AT&T's network. And although I could reach 900 kbs data speeds in one or two places, there were way too many locations where I could not get above 10 kbs.

The tilt may be a great phone, but I'd rather have a Mogul (or even a Centro) that, when I need to, I can make calls and get on the web/check my email with...

no dude.... i like my mogul and i like sprint but the coverage sucks! Do you know when the mogul will be out for verizon?
Old 10-24-2007, 05:08 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Touch PRO 2! Touch Pro, Touch, Mogul, 6700

ImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
The mogul for verizon won't change any of your issues. Sprint devices can roam on the verizon network so the coverage will be the same. The device itself will also share the same internals.
Old 10-24-2007, 05:30 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: x
Carrier: x

Primenall is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPrimenall is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPrimenall is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPrimenall is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Have you set it to roam only and do the calling test, like ImCoKeMaN said it will probably be roaming on Verizon, at least you would see Verizons coverage before you switch.

You wouldn't want to do this more than half your minutes with Sprint or they may terminate you for using too many roaming minutes(of course it sounds like you may want that anyways).
Plus Data roaming off Verizon is only 1X for Sprint phones.

As for jumping ship, like was said going to Verizon won't solve your problems, if you have to leave I'd get the Kaiser it's awesome, if only Att wasn't slower than a snail around here I'd probably have one myself.

Don't get me wrong, it seems to have some bugs itself from what I've read but it also has a few great improvements too, More Ram-- GPS--- 3.0MP Camera.

Last edited by Primenall; 10-24-2007 at 05:34 PM.
Old 10-24-2007, 07:13 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic

pauld5999 is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to pauld5999
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiekain View Post

am I reading this right? why are you paying over $80 a month with sprint? Do you have a SERO plan?
Old 10-24-2007, 07:23 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: XV6700
Carrier: Verizon

Rich182x is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to Rich182x
Ive done some research and the Mogule will be out for Verizon in November, and i cant wait!!! And in my opinion(whatever that worth) Is the best network ive been on for quite sometime. Ive had sprint and cingular, when they were seperate.
Old 10-24-2007, 07:23 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: XV6700
Carrier: Verizon

Rich182x is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to Rich182x
Ive done some research and the Mogule will be out for Verizon in November, and i cant wait!!! And in my opinion(whatever that worth) Is the best network ive been on for quite sometime. Ive had sprint and cingular, when they were seperate. So about the 15th is when it will be around, its on the News portion of VZW website. LATER!!!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan