PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-05-2007, 07:02 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc evo baby
Carrier: sprint

ricchini2007 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Touch999 View Post
I owned a Mogul for 5 months. Moved to the Touch and had it for 20 days now. I must say i have never been more happier with a phone. Tpuch in my opinion is 100x better than the Mogul. Dont get me wrong. I was a hardcore Mogul fan and really wanted it to work. but the constant low memory killed it completely. Now that I really got down and dirty with the Touch keyboard. I can type nearly as fast or faster than my Mogul with its physical KB. ALl arounf the touch beats it hard. "jUST BEAT IT!"
come on it doesn't beat it hard please stop! the touch only has more ram, but if the mogul had more ram then it will beat the touch hard. my mogul has no issues at all, but the ones that do have issues hold on it will get better with the new rom coming up soon.
Old 12-05-2007, 07:57 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: 6800

jah_rankin is a n00b
I read on here somewhere that 1 claimed to have recieved double the rom on the Mogul since his phone came from repair at HTC in Texas some where
Old 12-05-2007, 08:03 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: 6800

jah_rankin is a n00b
This may change your mind

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...ht=More+memory
Old 12-05-2007, 08:03 PM
Bringer of Good Things
Pocket PC: HTC TITAN
Carrier: AT&T

GoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Don't get me wrong, because I think the Touch has a lot of very nice qualities to it, but I agree with others who consider the keyboard and wi-fi to be a dealbreaker.
Old 12-05-2007, 08:15 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: TP
Carrier: Sprint

aughsum is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by Touch999 View Post
I owned a Mogul for 5 months. Moved to the Touch and had it for 20 days now. I must say i have never been more happier with a phone. Tpuch in my opinion is 100x better than the Mogul. Dont get me wrong. I was a hardcore Mogul fan and really wanted it to work. but the constant low memory killed it completely. Now that I really got down and dirty with the Touch keyboard. I can type nearly as fast or faster than my Mogul with its physical KB. ALl arounf the touch beats it hard. "jUST BEAT IT!"
Wait what? you can type faster on the touch? maybe i need to go into a sprint store and take it for a spin because the moguls issues are driving me f****** crazy.
RAZR2 - secondary
_______
HTC Mogul
HTC Apache
a900 -secondary
Motorola i870
Morotola i830
REM Blackberry 6200
REM Blackberry 7100
Motorola i860
Motorola i830
Motorola i730
LG vx6000
Old 12-05-2007, 08:51 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Galaxy S4

veblen64 is a n00b
I have been trying the Touch for a few days. Received it as a replacement for the Mogul, having ordered it before the latest Mogul ROM. I have been comparing the two.

Well, I'm pretty sure the Touch is not for me. Some impressions:

- The Touch is too small and light. Feels like it could just blow away out of my hand if I don't hold it tight. No sense using a BT headset -- just clip the Touch to your ear! ... The smallness actually makes it harder to use one-handed for me, whereas my fingers curl around the Mogul just right. ... The Touch feels fragile and, um, feminine. The Mogul feels like if I hit a bad guy upside the head with it, it would do some damage.

- Touch's screen has too much glare. Can be very annoying.

- Touch's BT phone quality is worse (choppy, static, etc.) than the Mogul w/2.17 ROM (yep -- at least in my testing with my Logitech BT headset)

- I don't use the hard keyboard on the Mogul very often, but when I do, I really appreciate it.

- I haven't needed to use the Mogul's wifi yet, because EVDO has been available, but the time may come when I need it.

- The flash comes in handy on the Mogul, not just for pictures but as a flashlight. The Touch for some bizarre reason has no flash at all.

- The Touch's lack of hard buttons is a big-time drawback too.

- Having the extra RAM on the Touch is supposed to be its key benefit, but on the Touch I'm testing there is actually an annoying and frequent lag in executing commands, even though it has 70 megs of free RAM. (WTF?) The Mogul is actually more responsive overall than the Touch.

- When I run iGuidance on the Touch, it always slurs and stutters the first syllable or two of every voice prompt, whereas the Mogul plays them cleanly. This a significant problem.

- The Mogul feels right to me. The Touch doesn't.

- Pretty sure I'm going to send the Touch back and say thanks but no thanks.
Old 12-05-2007, 09:06 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc evo baby
Carrier: sprint

ricchini2007 is becoming a great contributor
yea! when i was in the sprint store people liked my mogul over the touch that's so funny. all the mogul needs is ram
Old 12-05-2007, 09:40 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

HomerJay is a n00b
Touch + Keyboard would be perfect for me, but until then it is the Mogul for me.
Old 12-06-2007, 03:18 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Galaxy S4

veblen64 is a n00b
A further observation:

When I'm buying a vehicle, one of the crucial tests I apply is -- when I close the door, does it sound like steel meeting steel?

My new cellphone version of that test is -- If someone attached little pink yarn tassels to the phone, would they seem out of place? To me, on the Touch, they would fit right in to the design seamlessly. Ergo: me keeps my manly Mogul. Just my opinion. Not "hating," just deciding the device that's right for me.
Old 12-06-2007, 08:35 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Touch999 is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by veblen64 View Post
A further observation:

When I'm buying a vehicle, one of the crucial tests I apply is -- when I close the door, does it sound like steel meeting steel?

My new cellphone version of that test is -- If someone attached little pink yarn tassels to the phone, would they seem out of place? To me, on the Touch, they would fit right in to the design seamlessly. Ergo: me keeps my manly Mogul. Just my opinion. Not "hating," just deciding the device that's right for me.
I agree that everyone feels different about looks. I personaly feel very classy and metrosexual with the Touch. With its shinny chrome and all it looks like your in the next level
I never felt that with the mogul.Althou I think the mogul is and could have been a superb phone, it does not shine as much like the Touch.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan