PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-05-2007, 03:47 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc diamond
Carrier: sprint

eduardmc is keeping up the good workeduardmc is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Sorry mogul, but no more...

i had my mogul for 6 month, really love it but the speed wasn't there and the ram problem really affects the performance of the device. i have the touch now for 4 days now and all i have to say that the touch is a better all around device. Is has the size of the regular phone but more power than the mogul (because of the ram and better, more stable rom)

first - this thing is really thin and small. 2x of the mogul, the screen is brighter with much better contracts. feel much more solid and better looking than the mogul.

second - the ram, what a problem with the mogul after the end of the day only having 10mg of ram after all application close and running oxios hibernate. The touch after 4 days without soft reset i still have 63mg ram with the same software nstalled has the mogul. what a different. i know the mogul has the same processor has the touch, but the touch is 10x faster in everything (booting, loading application, no locking)

Third - Finally a working bluetooth, it was a nightmare with the mogul now i can pair my device and it always works.

fourth - The calls are crystal clear, i have the mogul to compare and the mogul sound much more muddy than the touch. the touch external speaker is 5x the volume of the mogul. i was in shock to hear it cause is super loud compare to the mogul.

now what i miss.

the mogul camera kills the quality of the touch. the touch takes better picture but the viewing of the camera is better on the mogul.
the external keyboard, i don't miss it cause the touch keyboard is excellent but i rather touch a physical keyboard than a panel.
don't miss wifi cause never used it on the mogul.

i know a lot of touch haters will be saying that the mogul will only get better because the future rom are going to fix a lot of this problems (except for the ram which i have had 20 application open in my touch and still 32mg ram left, that'll never happen with mogul) but the touch was recently release aswell. so the touch will always be one step ahead of the mogul in stability. while any rom for the mogul will try to fix the known problems, the touch rom will most likely to improve peformances.
Old 12-05-2007, 04:12 PM
TC1
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Titan
Carrier: Sprint

TC1 is a n00b
Touch haters? I've personally played with the Touch for over an hour, and while it is fine for what it does, it's not for me. The only advantage the Touch has over 6800 is the size, which I agree is nice, but the Mogul with the 2.17 ROM can do anything the Touch can do plus more.

The form factor on the Touch is very nice, enjoy it.
Old 12-05-2007, 04:17 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

shellguy is becoming a PPCGeeks regularshellguy is becoming a PPCGeeks regularshellguy is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to shellguy Send a message via MSN to shellguy Send a message via Yahoo to shellguy
I much prefer the full qwerty keyboard then what the touch has..

Will
Old 12-05-2007, 04:31 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: 6800

mimoz is a n00b
wife has the touch and its smaller, thats nice... but that where it ends for me

love my keyboard and other misc buttons
Old 12-05-2007, 04:35 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

bigray327 is keeping up the good workbigray327 is keeping up the good work
I'd love to get a Touch, but I need the keyboard and the various buttons... I use them all the time. I'm foolishly holding out hope that PocketPC Techs will offer a RAM upgrade.
Old 12-05-2007, 04:37 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Diamond

rycelover is just getting started
i think if i were to make the jump, i would miss the physical keyboard and multiple hard buttons the most, but OP is right, the amount of ram is intriguing; Like Pavlov's dog, I've been trained to run hibernate from quick menu at least 4 times a day, every day LOL
Old 12-05-2007, 05:43 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Evo 3D

Vertigo is becoming a PPCGeeks regularVertigo is becoming a PPCGeeks regularVertigo is becoming a PPCGeeks regularVertigo is becoming a PPCGeeks regularVertigo is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
I have both and I like the mogul better... nothing cant beat the keyboard and the Wifirouter!
Old 12-05-2007, 05:48 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2, Touch Pro, Airave
Carrier: Sprint SERO

Edwood is becoming a PPCGeeks regularEdwood is becoming a PPCGeeks regularEdwood is becoming a PPCGeeks regularEdwood is becoming a PPCGeeks regularEdwood is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
With iPhone knock off PCM Keyboard v0.12, I don't miss my Mogul.

Much.

Well, OK, I still miss the physical keyboard a little. Also, the better LCD in the Mogul, much brighter and better color/contrast. Although it's not viewable in direct sunlight like the Touch's transreflective screen. And yeah, the Touch's camera really sucks compared to the Mogul's.

And they both have leaky RAM, the Touch having twice as much RAM, means it can leak longer.

I'm using transcriber a lot more, and PCM Keyboard other times. The Touch has a much better physical build quality and styling, it's just so solid.
Old 12-05-2007, 05:51 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO
Carrier: Sprint - SERO

Alpine- is keeping up the good workAlpine- is keeping up the good work
I would agree with pretty much everything you said. However, the lack of a physical KB is a major deal breaker with me. I have experimented with various touch screen KB apps. TouchPal was the best I'd seen. It STILL doesnt compare to tapping away on a real KB for long txt's or emails. If the touch had a KB i would have jumped ship by now. I was pretty close until this last ROM came out.

My only real complaint about the Mogul is the low ram. This problem is made MUCH worse by a ROM and OS version that are known to leak. Until this is fixed, it will continue to feel laggy and delayed. If the memory is kept at around 17-18+ at all times it should be snappy. I notice some serious delay when mine gets down into the 12mb range...

Sadly, I dont think we will experience the Mogul the way it should be until Feb.-March. By then we should have a more complete official ROM and a drastically needed OS update to the leaky WM6.

HTC TyTN II (Kaiser) owners really have it made imo. This makes the coming Sprint Treo 800w w/ WM6 & 128mb ram all the more appealing...

Last edited by Alpine-; 12-05-2007 at 06:02 PM.
Old 12-05-2007, 05:56 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Touch999 is a n00b
I owned a Mogul for 5 months. Moved to the Touch and had it for 20 days now. I must say i have never been more happier with a phone. Tpuch in my opinion is 100x better than the Mogul. Dont get me wrong. I was a hardcore Mogul fan and really wanted it to work. but the constant low memory killed it completely. Now that I really got down and dirty with the Touch keyboard. I can type nearly as fast or faster than my Mogul with its physical KB. ALl arounf the touch beats it hard. "jUST BEAT IT!"

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan