PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-29-2007, 10:34 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

gobanjoboy is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Lightbulb New OS in Q108 ROM release?

Does anyone think that the new ROM release in Q108 will included the the features as talked about below?
Quote:
Microsoft shows next version of Windows Mobile behind closed doors
So we can't really delve into a lot of specifics, but today Microsoft showed off the next version of Windows Mobile at their annual Mobius conference. Nope, it's not Windows Mobile 7 / Photon, but what we saw "is an update, not an upgrade", was running on current hardware, and is due to manufacturers Q108. Our first impressions: very slick, and has a lot of features that just about any WinMo user will agree is way overdue. In other words, we're expecting users will be stoked -- no doubt about it. Expect specific details on features and the like in the near future, we wouldn't be surprised to hear more about it CES.
Source
Old 11-29-2007, 10:50 AM
TC1
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Titan

TC1 is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by gobanjoboy View Post
Does anyone think that the new ROM release in Q108 will included the the features as talked about below? Source
Yes. It's called WM6.1
Old 11-29-2007, 11:13 AM
DaGreatOne
Pocket PC: HTC EVO (white)!

shaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to shaun0207 Send a message via Yahoo to shaun0207 Send a message via Skype™ to shaun0207
And its out now.
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...playlang=en&tm

Old 11-29-2007, 11:29 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Mogul

firepwr is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaun0207 View Post

I think you are pointing to Office Mobile 6.1, but he is asking about Windows Mobile OS, not Office Mobile. From what I understand, the newest update/upgrade to the OS isn't released now, it's just being demo'd
Old 11-29-2007, 11:31 AM
DaGreatOne
Pocket PC: HTC EVO (white)!

shaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to shaun0207 Send a message via Yahoo to shaun0207 Send a message via Skype™ to shaun0207
Quote:
Originally Posted by firepwr View Post
I think you are pointing to Office Mobile 6.1, but he is asking about Windows Mobile OS, not Office Mobile. From what I understand, the newest update/upgrade to the OS isn't released now, it's just being demo'd
Oh ok. Sorry about that.
Old 11-29-2007, 11:39 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Threadstarter

gobanjoboy is a n00b
Yea.. I'm not talking about the MS office update.

I know its being demoed but they said it would be released First Quarter of 2008. As we all know thats about the same time as the new ROM.
Old 11-29-2007, 12:01 PM
VIP & Master of my Domain
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4g

stroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIP
Here are some articles and pics that appear to be the smartphone edition of WM 6.1. One of the articles state it will ship in May 08.

http://wmexperts.com/articles/rumors...ming_with.html

http://www.engadget.com/2007/02/23/s...indows-mobile/
Old 11-29-2007, 12:09 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

ebmorgan is becoming a PPCGeeks regularebmorgan is becoming a PPCGeeks regularebmorgan is becoming a PPCGeeks regularebmorgan is becoming a PPCGeeks regularebmorgan is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
It's my understanding that the supposed "early Q1 2008" ROM (that I still say is coming in Spring, late Q1...early Q2) will be WM6.1.

But who really knows?....
Old 11-29-2007, 12:16 PM
Timeless
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

TurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to TurboFool Send a message via MSN to TurboFool Send a message via Yahoo to TurboFool
Considering how slow they are to adopt versions when they're released, I doubt we'll see this new version the moment it's available to the OEMs, if ever.
Old 11-29-2007, 02:49 PM
Moderator/WMExperts Staff
Pocket PC: Pure, TP2, Snap, Ozone, Intrepid,Treo Pro

Malatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
As I mentioned in the Touch thread:
Quote:
I'd say: not very likely

If it's not going to OEMs till Q1 2008, you won't see it on devices till at least Q2 if not Q3. Just like every version, they need to test it on devices, update things and then hand off for carrier approval, etc.

Unless they plan to implement it via the Win updates, which I doubt. Like the Wm6 update, no guarantees any current device will get it

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan