PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-19-2007, 03:54 PM
A Geek For Eons
Pocket PC: Photon, Xoom
Carrier: Sprint/US, Airtel/India, Telus/Canada

willysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
I gave them blunt, candid feedback -- which will probably be ignored.

I'm still undecided whether (1) HTC designed a phone that perhaps will never have satisfactory BT, (2) Sprint screwed up a perfectly good phone.
Old 11-19-2007, 04:15 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

papped is a n00b
Yeah I think both Sprint and HTC are to blame for different reasons.
Old 11-19-2007, 04:33 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: lg optimus

dishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Quote:
Originally Posted by willysp View Post

I'm still undecided whether (1) HTC designed a phone that perhaps will never have satisfactory BT, (2) Sprint screwed up a perfectly good phone.
Wow... where to begin...

First of all, this feedback form is from HTC Asia. HTC only started selling phones directly to GSM customers recently (no required carrier or 3rd party to sell the device anymore), and it looks like this form is to see how they're handling it. Its got NOTHING TO DO WITH US!!
They don't care about Sprint Mogul users, as Sprint is the official point of contact for the Mogul anyway.... they even ask for the IMEI number of your phone, which by the way is only existent on GSM phones - we have ESN numbers on CDMA, which is sorta similar in function but not the same thing. Clearly this form was written for GSM users who bought phones directly from HTC Asia to use with their carrier, and HTC wants to see how its direct support is going. Didn't anyone notice that much of this form doesn't apply to us?

I went and started to fill it out myself as well until I realized this is not going to accomplish anything... all they'll see is that for some odd reason, all these Sprint users found their GSM sales department feedback form, at the same time, and started flooding it with their complaints about a certain CDMA model!!!

Also, we fixed BT. It works. Follow the forum, look at the rom development threads... big news.
Still, an "official" fix would be nice, but in the mean time, I'm happy with my BT for the first time since owning this device.
Old 11-19-2007, 04:45 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

digiblur is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardigiblur is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardigiblur is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardigiblur is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Am I the only one that likes their Mogul?

I do hate Sprint for not having native EVDO coverage here, Alltel gives us EVDO here even when we are on Sprint voice service. The speeds have taken a dump lately no matter what part of town I'm in. 200k during the day, with 1000k at night. Go to the Sprint Corp area down the road and boom 800-1000k during the day.
Old 11-19-2007, 05:07 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

markgamber is just getting started
No way, I like my Mogul.

Per the HTC form...yeah, I took a quick glance and wondered what it had to do with anything concerning the Mogul, Sprint, anything outside of Asia or me. Answer: Nothing.
Old 11-20-2007, 02:49 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

cybersteve is a n00b
I love my Mogul... I just wish it had more ram. Thats it. Oh.. and a software update that fixes the bt problem.
Old 11-20-2007, 03:37 AM
N00b

wood is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by dishe View Post
Wow... where to begin...

First of all, this feedback form is from HTC Asia. HTC only started selling phones directly to GSM customers recently (no required carrier or 3rd party to sell the device anymore), and it looks like this form is to see how they're handling it. Its got NOTHING TO DO WITH US!!
They don't care about Sprint Mogul users, as Sprint is the official point of contact for the Mogul anyway.... they even ask for the IMEI number of your phone, which by the way is only existent on GSM phones - we have ESN numbers on CDMA, which is sorta similar in function but not the same thing. Clearly this form was written for GSM users who bought phones directly from HTC Asia to use with their carrier, and HTC wants to see how its direct support is going. Didn't anyone notice that much of this form doesn't apply to us?

I went and started to fill it out myself as well until I realized this is not going to accomplish anything... all they'll see is that for some odd reason, all these Sprint users found their GSM sales department feedback form, at the same time, and started flooding it with their complaints about a certain CDMA model!!!

Also, we fixed BT. It works. Follow the forum, look at the rom development threads... big news.
Still, an "official" fix would be nice, but in the mean time, I'm happy with my BT for the first time since owning this device.
Just because it is meant for another "customer" does not mean that owners of an HTC device cannot voice their opinion. I think it is a good idea to use that venue for our mogul concerns. Perhaps they will be surprised by the response from "unexpected" customers and do something productive.

Just my .02
Old 11-20-2007, 05:19 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC Mogul (PPC6800) > HTC Touch (PPC6900) > HTC Touch Pro (PPC6850)
Carrier: Sprint Sero (1200 Min Plan)

divxrippimp is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardivxrippimp is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardivxrippimp is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardivxrippimp is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to divxrippimp Send a message via MSN to divxrippimp Send a message via Yahoo to divxrippimp Send a message via Skype™ to divxrippimp
Quote:
Originally Posted by cybersteve View Post
I love my Mogul... I just wish it had more ram. Thats it. Oh.. and a software update that fixes the bt problem.
Same here... my ONLY beef is ram... i want 128ram and 256 rom, and im SUUUUUUUUUUUUUPER happy
Old 11-20-2007, 05:32 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: T-Mobile NL --> KPN soon

SpeedDemon is a n00b
Send a message via MSN to SpeedDemon
I filled in the form as well. I have a GSM phone so I could fill in all fields required. However I think HTC are well aware of the huge community out there. They most certainly will know that there are cooked roms for their devices everywhere. This helps them I think in making the future roms better. At least I hope so.
Old 11-20-2007, 10:09 AM
Lurker

vkewalra is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by willysp View Post

I'm sure somebody's said it, but hardware-wise the bluetooth works. The stack that's been ported from the touch apparently works and WM5 works as well, it's just the official SPRINT releases that suck. It's largely Sprint's fault.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan