PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-19-2007, 09:58 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: EVO3D
Carrier: SERO-P

lafester knows their stufflafester knows their stufflafester knows their stufflafester knows their stufflafester knows their stufflafester knows their stufflafester knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
thanks to everyone who worked on this rom!

just installed and i notice the backlight flickering/color change is back although it doesn't seem as bad as the original 2.09 rom.

thanks again...
Old 11-20-2007, 12:36 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Mogul
Carrier: Sprint

nosmohtac is becoming a great contributor
Seems quite good. I can't get the HTC calculator skin to work with the built in calculator on this ROM though.

I thank each and everyone of you PPC Geeks. You all ROCK!!!! I am so thankful for this community and the bunch of intelligent individuals that have pulled this off collectively. At the same time, it's quite a shame that this community has had better success than the manufacturer of this device.

Thanks again to all of you.

Last edited by nosmohtac; 11-20-2007 at 12:40 AM.
Old 11-20-2007, 08:31 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: iPhone 6 Plus 128gb
Carrier: AT&T

jtrag is keeping up the good workjtrag is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to jtrag Send a message via MSN to jtrag Send a message via Yahoo to jtrag Send a message via Skype™ to jtrag
So, how's the ROM holding up for everyone? I haven't heard anyone complain about memory issues. How's the memory holding up for you guys? We need as much feedback as possible so we can all work TOGETHER to improve this device. Any feedback/beta testing on these roms is appreciated and will help everyone that is working on this to improve things much faster.
Old 11-20-2007, 11:15 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Mogul
Carrier: sprint

biglee is just getting started
Quote:
Originally Posted by biglee View Post
I did have an odd thing happen this afternoon. I made a long call to one of my sales reps and after i hung up, the phone lost service and would get it back. I soft reset and all was well again. I made another shorter call and hung up and all was normal.

could it have been the rom? Not sure, but I'll see if it persists. I may have been the area, but I doubt it as I usually have service in that area very well.

Hasn't done it since. Only a one time occurence. Probably caused by installing stuff just before the call without rebooting the phone.

Overall, my memory seems to be holding up well. I think this is the rom i'll stick with unless some does something to improve it even more.
Old 11-20-2007, 11:24 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: lg optimus
Threadstarter

dishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on rep
I'll be honest for a moment here...
The bluetooth works great (finally), but aside from that, I don't feel like this ROM is so amazing.
Like lafester mentioned, I'm getting that screen hue change that certain members used to complain about (SINNN?)... I had forgotten about it because Alltel and the later builds didn't have it.
If I had never tried anything based off of 2.14 or 2.16, I probably wouldn't care so much- when I first switched to the Alltel Rom, I was like "wow, this is smooth", and didn't have as many strange phenomenon... then I got spoiled and used to it.

Coming back to 2.09 for the last couple of days has reminded me about how my phone used to turn on by itself all the time (happens more with this than on 2.14 or 2.16), how the screen would due that hue change thing on random intervals (can't always recreate), and I feel like I had to reset less often with 2.14 and 2.16. Overall, the system response seems to not be as snappy.

Still, for reliable BT, its the way to go... but its not yet perfect.
Old 11-20-2007, 12:47 PM
TC1
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Titan

TC1 is a n00b
The official fixes will be out soon.

FYI, the official ROM fix will be out end of month, and further goodness is confirmed for Q1 2008

http://forums.buzzaboutwireless.com/...thread.id=2262

"Sprint and HTC regret any inconvenience customers have recently experienced with the Mogul. HTC is working on a new version of the software ROM for the Mogul which incorporates enhancements for Bluetooth performance and corrects issues that were unintentionally created by ROM version 2.16.651.0 (posted on HTC’s website on October 24). Both Sprint and HTC have begun testing the new software and are targeting to make it available for download by the end of November. Once fully tested the download will be made available at: http://www.america.htc.com/support/m...downloads.html

As a short-term solution, customers who downloaded the ROM version 2.16 should download the previous ROM version 2.09.651.3 available at the link above. This will restore previous functionality to the device until a new version is complete.

Additionally, HTC is currently developing a separate ROM update which enables the EV-DO Rev. A and GPS capabilities that are already built into the Mogul hardware. Sprint and HTC plan to make this software ROM available in early 1Q 2008. We would also like to extend our thanks to those customers that have taken the time to identify and report these issues to us."
Old 11-20-2007, 01:05 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: w
Carrier: f

jph8tr is a n00b
YAYAYAYAY!?!?!

If it doesn't plug the memory leak, it's still useless to me! I do appreciate the effort and am glad to see some communication. I've upgraded my Mogul ROM threat assesment from pessimistic to anxious.

BTW, I forgot in my earlier post to commend the users working on this ROM project. You truly ROCK!!!
Old 11-20-2007, 01:59 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: lg optimus
Threadstarter

dishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Quote:
Originally Posted by jph8tr View Post
If it doesn't plug the memory leak, it's still useless to me!
Then I suggest you move on to another device, because that's just how WM6 interacts with our hardware. The only "fixes" being addressed officially are the BT stack, and the freezes/lockups.

The Rev A sounds nice somewhere down the road, but I'm very interested in their official stance on the GPS... there have been so many rumors that didn't make sense, it was considered a pretty much dead concept.
Old 11-20-2007, 02:09 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO 3D
Carrier: Sprint-SERO Premium

honan is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by dishe View Post
Then I suggest you move on to another device, because that's just how WM6 interacts with our hardware. The only "fixes" being addressed officially are the BT stack, and the freezes/lockups.

The Rev A sounds nice somewhere down the road, but I'm very interested in their official stance on the GPS... there have been so many rumors that didn't make sense, it was considered a pretty much dead concept.
I wonder if all the work done by all you hard working ROM builders made them take notice. If you can/did figure out the problem why is it such a problem for them. I find it interesting that the day after you all come up with a BT fix they annouce they have a fix.

I noticed the GPS also. Question would be is that going to be aGPS? There have been so many people who have po-po'ed the thought of the GPS, I can't even hope,,,,Yet.

Last edited by honan; 11-20-2007 at 02:29 PM.
Old 11-20-2007, 03:10 PM
Regular 'Geeker

sfaure03 is a n00b
I'm not at all surprised this rom looks and acts like 2.09. Many of the things in 2.09 are in this.

There are several other efforts where the 2.14/2.16 are being used, branching off to other directions. Of Note is no2chems work which apparently solves the same issues.

If the new rom gets out this month you can be sure we'll be driving real hard to make use of any fixes from the vendor.

Thanks for the feedback.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan