PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-17-2007, 09:14 PM
A Geek For Eons
Pocket PC: Photon, Xoom
Carrier: Sprint/US, Airtel/India, Telus/Canada

willysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TC1 View Post
Thanks for nothing willysp.... I was hoping you were going to translate
I tried, but got a headache!
Old 11-19-2007, 02:29 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: lg optimus
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

dishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on rep
WE DID IT!
Or at least, I think so... updated the first post with more info, but in short, the BT from the touch WASN'T the answer after all!

It appears that 2.09 was a decent build, but it had the quality problem. Instead of trying to fix it at the source, Sprint/HTC dropped the BT drivers from the touch (which didn't have a problem) into a new rom which DID fix the BT voice quality problem, but had all sorts of new compatibility problems, which was our 2.16 rom. This is one theory, at least.
In any case, this new build seems pretty stable.
Try the link in the first post, and test it!
Old 11-19-2007, 11:01 AM
Regular 'Geeker

sfaure03 is a n00b
One of the things i didn't like about our latest attempt {see page 1 of this thread for link} was that the volume was lower than I had become accustomed to w/ bluetooth and the touch drivers.

I found another thread that gave me the following regedit that seems to help get it back:

HKLM/SOFTWARE/Microsoft/Bluetooth/AudioGateway
SpkVolume dword=10

I've tried different values, IMHO 10 did help, not sure others did. You will want to make this edit before pairing you're bluetooth device, or if you've already paired remove the current pairing and repair it.

I hope you're experiences with this new rom is as good as what we saw in testing this weekend,

Enjoy
Old 11-19-2007, 11:51 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: TP

elosogrande7076 is keeping up the good workelosogrande7076 is keeping up the good work
Quote:
Originally Posted by sfaure03 View Post
One of the things i didn't like about our latest attempt {see page 1 of this thread for link} was that the volume was lower than I had become accustomed to w/ bluetooth and the touch drivers.

I found another thread that gave me the following regedit that seems to help get it back:

SpkVolume dword=10

I've tried different values, IMHO 10 did help, not sure others did. You will want to make this edit before pairing you're bluetooth device, or if you've already paired remove the current pairing and repair it.

I hope you're experiences with this new rom is as good as what we saw in testing this weekend,

Enjoy
i looked and didnt see a spkvloume....i was able to follow everything but once i got to audiogateway i didnt see a value or string for the spkvolume...am i looking at the wrong spot, i looked after i flashed my phone with the latest file and before i paired any bluetooth??
________
Nadira live

Last edited by elosogrande7076; 09-08-2011 at 02:28 PM.
Old 11-19-2007, 11:56 AM
Regular 'Geeker

sfaure03 is a n00b
Sorry, i didnt mention that it WONT be there. You have to do an ADD first and name it SpkVolume
Old 11-19-2007, 02:08 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: TP

elosogrande7076 is keeping up the good workelosogrande7076 is keeping up the good work
Thanks...i will give it a try
________
Ebony Webcams

Last edited by elosogrande7076; 09-08-2011 at 02:28 PM.
Old 11-19-2007, 05:01 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

wlin1998 is just getting started
Seems that the only known issue so far is the alarm bug. I know that 2.16 improves the memory management a lot over 2.09. Is memory management still an issue? Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dishe View Post
WE DID IT!
Or at least, I think so... updated the first post with more info, but in short, the BT from the touch WASN'T the answer after all!

It appears that 2.09 was a decent build, but it had the quality problem. Instead of trying to fix it at the source, Sprint/HTC dropped the BT drivers from the touch (which didn't have a problem) into a new rom which DID fix the BT voice quality problem, but had all sorts of new compatibility problems, which was our 2.16 rom. This is one theory, at least.
In any case, this new build seems pretty stable.
Try the link in the first post, and test it!
Old 11-19-2007, 05:06 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Tardis + Sonic Screwdriver
Carrier: Torchwood

The Doctor is keeping up the good workThe Doctor is keeping up the good workThe Doctor is keeping up the good work
Quote:
Originally Posted by sfaure03 View Post

SpkVolume dword=10

Enjoy
Just curious, What is the initial setting you changed to 10?
Mine is set at 14. I am trying 10 to see if I notice a difference.
Old 11-19-2007, 05:08 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

NissanGuy01 is a n00b
I too am curious whether Memory Management and the increased battery life from 2.16 are included in this new ROM.
Old 11-19-2007, 05:13 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: w
Carrier: f

jph8tr is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by wlin1998 View Post
Seems that the only known issue so far is the alarm bug. I know that 2.16 improves the memory management a lot over 2.09. Is memory management still an issue? Thanks.
I've seen a few posts claiming that 2.16 had better memory management, but my observation is that there's no difference. I gave up and moved to "up" to WM5 a couple of days ago. I'm pessimistically hopefull that the promised {sic} 1Q 08 release will address the memory problem and restore my Mogul to a WM6 device.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan