PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-08-2007, 03:38 PM
dcd
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

dcd is a VIPdcd is a VIPdcd is a VIPdcd is a VIPdcd is a VIPdcd is a VIPdcd is a VIPdcd is a VIPdcd is a VIPdcd is a VIPdcd is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
still trying...
Old 11-08-2007, 03:51 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

jaytv is becoming a great contributor
So far so good, no bt lockups so far and no opera mini lockups with the embedded java vm, which was a major bug with the Sprint 2.16 release...

EDIT: as I hit to post that in Opera Mini, it locked up! Oh well, back to the drawing board...whole device locks, nothing but soft reset will fix...

Last edited by jaytv; 11-08-2007 at 03:54 PM.
Old 11-08-2007, 03:56 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

jaytv is becoming a great contributor
Quote:
Originally Posted by sfaure03 View Post
i looked over a touch yesterday... I dont WANT it.
I don't WANT it either, but I MUST HAVE working BT (headsets are the law here) on a device that doesn't require 5-20 resets a day, with Windows Mobile 6 (Office 2007, yes I know about the cabs for WM5, I love the search features and many other things as well) that runs Hamachi and RDP or Tight VNC...minimum

I am going to try to run Opera Mini with the esmertec JVM and see if there are any other lockups...

Last edited by jaytv; 11-08-2007 at 03:59 PM.
Old 11-08-2007, 04:01 PM
Regular 'Geeker

sfaure03 is a n00b
snicker.. well this rom is NOT intended for testing interactions with the other software..

That this locked up using anything other than the base concepts is asking too much for such a pre-release, testing rom.

Please, try and stick to just the base rom. I added email setup to mine, but other than that it is the BASIC rom, no other software. Locking up with other apps is good info, but it doesn't necessarily point to that the concept being testing is invalid.

I'm at 17 hrs now, not a single lockup issue, and last i checked bt came right back online.
Old 11-08-2007, 04:15 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: lg optimus
Threadstarter

dishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Does the "S" in your name stand for "Snicker"?
Heh, seriously, more people are testing it as we speak. Will update soon...
Old 11-08-2007, 04:16 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Mogul
Carrier: sprint

biglee is just getting started
Testing right now and will see what happens. Hopefully it solves all that ails this thing.
Old 11-08-2007, 04:22 PM
Regular 'Geeker

sfaure03 is a n00b
do NOT expect it to solve all that ails us on this bugger. This test you are undertaking is directed ONLY at the bluetooth issues, and will be used as inputs for some overall tests of the phone.

Its just one of what will be several tests along these lines to help resolve some of these issues. As i've said above, its not fair to expect this rom to achieve a complete solution, and you should not "depend" on this solution, or get upset if it causes you any issues. I need a "feel" for whether this is a red-herring, so I can feed back to the rom-developers. If you are having bluetooth issues, and want to help give back to the rest of the community, and can endure the possibility it may not work for you, then please give it a go.

If you want a "solution" for these issues, you need to take it back to you're vendor {sprint/htc} and get them to work faster. If you want to work with this community to find a hack while the vendor gets us a "real" fix.. please hop on board.
Old 11-08-2007, 04:23 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO 4G

Vinny is a n00b
Haven't seen this posted anywhere, but what radio version is on the touch?
Old 11-08-2007, 04:26 PM
dcd
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

dcd is a VIPdcd is a VIPdcd is a VIPdcd is a VIPdcd is a VIPdcd is a VIPdcd is a VIPdcd is a VIPdcd is a VIPdcd is a VIPdcd is a VIP
i cannot pull the touch bt drivers into the alltel 2.14 rom and make them function. so i started trying to pull the sprint 2.16 bt drivers into alltel 2.14 and cant get that to function either. something is fundamentally different going to 2.16, and its closer to the touch.

however, i feel that 2.16 is garbage, noone should be using it, and it wont do us much good to pull bt drivers into it. if you break the sprint 2.16 release down into parts, each individual part is bad in some way, other than SYS.
Old 11-08-2007, 04:50 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Mogul
Carrier: sprint

biglee is just getting started
Quote:
Originally Posted by sfaure03 View Post
do NOT expect it to solve all that ails us on this bugger. This test you are undertaking is directed ONLY at the bluetooth issues, and will be used as inputs for some overall tests of the phone.

Its just one of what will be several tests along these lines to help resolve some of these issues. As i've said above, its not fair to expect this rom to achieve a complete solution, and you should not "depend" on this solution, or get upset if it causes you any issues. I need a "feel" for whether this is a red-herring, so I can feed back to the rom-developers. If you are having bluetooth issues, and want to help give back to the rest of the community, and can endure the possibility it may not work for you, then please give it a go.

If you want a "solution" for these issues, you need to take it back to you're vendor {sprint/htc} and get them to work faster. If you want to work with this community to find a hack while the vendor gets us a "real" fix.. please hop on board.
Its on my phone now. Just made a 12 minute call and the caller said it was clear with no drop outs at all. I'll try to emulate the dpad issues and see if it sinks it.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan