PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-08-2007, 12:34 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: lg optimus
Carrier: Sprint

dishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kilmarac View Post
Back on the first page of this thread, he mentioned that the WM5 Rom has the A2DP in it.
Yeah, but its a documented fact (MS even admitted) that WM5 had compatibility issues with A2DP (in fact, they originally disabled it from AKU2). Only some devices could properly decode their audio codec, and most devices had an awful "hiss/crack" distortion over certain frequencies. Those frequencies happened to include much of the spectrum involved in human voices. So, instrumentals were often ok, but any song with lyrics sounded AWFUL!

This has been a heated topic over at XDA-dev since WM5 AKU2 came out, and only stopped when WM6 was released and finally fixed their audio compression scheme.

I have lots of A2DP devices... headsets, adaptors for my home stereo, car stereo, etc... I've been waiting for WM6 to come along and fix this for a year. My wife's simple samsung and Nokia phones always worked great, but my expensive WM5 devices sound like GARBAGE, it was embarrassing.
No way I can justify going back to WM5 after all that.

Now, if we could seriously extract the WM6 A2DP support, I feel that we would have a perfect OS for our devices.

EDIT: By the way, I'm pretty sure I already mentioned this earlier in the thread, although I could be mistaken... it might have been another thread.
Old 11-08-2007, 01:47 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc mogul
Carrier: sprint

wiinex is a n00b
I have Sampson's WM5 rom and its great but he stopped after he's last version. He bought Centro there will no updates after that, hope someone continues his work.

Anyways, I didn't like the interface look of WM5 but Wisbar Advance 3 fixed that for me. Try the demo to see for yourself. Wisbar Advance 3 has a customized crossbow wm6 look so I have a wm5 with wm6 look but better.

Im also using Softmaker office suite for pocket pc because its much better than mobile office from microsoft.

I dont use Oxios Memory Reclaim anymore because I have SPB pocket plus, with pocket plus i added the ok hardware button and placed Wisbar's CLOSEOK feature to OK Button.
So everytime I press OK button it closes the app and saves whatever you where doing, example: editing a word doc from Softmaker Office. Saved and Closed right away.

I am loving WM5, i'll go back to wm6 if there's a way better rom that what wm5 has

Sprint - HTC Mugol -2006 / Present
Sprint - UTStarcom PPC6700 -2006 / 2006
T-mobile - Nokia 3220 -2004 / 2006
T-mobile - Sony Ericsson T300 -2003 / 2004
Cingular - Nokia 8270 -2002 / 2003
Cingular - Nokia 3360 -2000 / 2002
Old 11-08-2007, 11:42 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Titan

hay112 is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by slypher View Post
LOL, i find myself doing the same for no apparent reason. I think that when i find the perfect ROM for this phone....i will know that it is time for a new phone!

I think i need professional help...LOL

Yes....i am a PPC Geek!!

-s
i completely agree, this rom has been the best i've tested yet as far as performance goes though....but still not perfect
Old 11-09-2007, 01:23 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: sprint

gobmonster is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargobmonster is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargobmonster is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
my battery mileage is starting to get INSANE!

today alone, with a little net use and little calling, screen half dim, and not to mention the battery reg tweaks, im at 80%

thats 80%, i woke upat 8:00am and its now 12:00 am, wm5 is the gift that keeps on giving!
Old 11-09-2007, 01:42 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

APOLAUF is just getting started
Simple question: Is audio/video lag from WM6 ROMs still present? This is important to me. It's embarassing to show a video clip with the A/V being about 400ms out of sync. While you can compensate in TCPMP, this is not the case with other apps. Whether games, or anything else, audio is consistently laggy. Is this fixed with the WM5 ROM?
Old 11-11-2007, 11:12 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

slypher is halfway to VIP status based on repslypher is halfway to VIP status based on repslypher is halfway to VIP status based on repslypher is halfway to VIP status based on repslypher is halfway to VIP status based on repslypher is halfway to VIP status based on repslypher is halfway to VIP status based on repslypher is halfway to VIP status based on repslypher is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Quote:
Originally Posted by APOLAUF View Post
Simple question: Is audio/video lag from WM6 ROMs still present? This is important to me. It's embarassing to show a video clip with the A/V being about 400ms out of sync. While you can compensate in TCPMP, this is not the case with other apps. Whether games, or anything else, audio is consistently laggy. Is this fixed with the WM5 ROM?
Videos play exactly the same (from what i can tell) on WM5 as they do on WM6.

Using TCPMP, i had to change to the Raw Buffer in order to view an AVI file normally.

Before i did that, it was horribly choppy.

Overall, i'm happy with WM5. The only thing that is upsetting me at this point is

1. Knowing that i had to use an older OS to make my phone better . This bothers me because as a former 6700 owner, we have been waiting for WM6 since FOREVER. I get it and find that the grass is greener on the other side...lol

2. HTC Album doesn't work with WM5. Not that i use my phone to view pics all the time, but it is just so damn impressive to show pics off using the album!

OTher than that, i really can't find anything wrong with WM5 on the mogul (yet)

-s

Funniest thread ever!!

Don't just SAY "Thanks" PRESS ... Try it, it only takes a second!
Old 11-11-2007, 01:59 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: IPhone
Carrier: AT&T

RWerksman is a n00b
Anyone try Slingbox with it? It's horribly choppy on w/ WM6 on the titan.
Old 11-11-2007, 02:46 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Apache/Treo700W/Mogul/Touch/Storm/TP2/Evo

Kana69 is a n00b
I am using Alltel wm5. I love it. the only negative thing is that it freezes once a day, and I have to soft reset. bluetooth works greats, stereo bluetooth very good no hiss or crack with all kind of music.
I try sampson wm5, very fast. but I have a 6gb card and it wouldn't work with this rom.
Old 11-21-2007, 02:04 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

thecalip is just getting started
Quote:
Originally Posted by slypher View Post
Videos play exactly the same (from what i can tell) on WM5 as they do on WM6.

Using TCPMP, i had to change to the Raw Buffer in order to view an AVI file normally.

Before i did that, it was horribly choppy.

Overall, i'm happy with WM5. The only thing that is upsetting me at this point is

1. Knowing that i had to use an older OS to make my phone better . This bothers me because as a former 6700 owner, we have been waiting for WM6 since FOREVER. I get it and find that the grass is greener on the other side...lol

2. HTC Album doesn't work with WM5. Not that i use my phone to view pics all the time, but it is just so damn impressive to show pics off using the album!

OTher than that, i really can't find anything wrong with WM5 on the mogul (yet)

-s

HTC album works fine for me. I use Sampson's WM5
Old 11-21-2007, 03:59 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Titan

hay112 is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecalip View Post
HTC album works fine for me. I use Sampson's WM5
your the first person i've heard that has it running over wm5....which version of htc album?

wanna share with us

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan