PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-25-2007, 08:23 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Mogul
Carrier: Sprint

ignar is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiekain View Post
Nope I dont have a sero program. I dont even know how to get one. here is my plan

900 mins 59.99
unlimited txt 10.00
unlimited internet 15.00
insurance 6.00

total is 90.99 and I get a small % off because I was in the United States Air force.

What is Sero?
Wow, you can save almost half of what you pay now by using SERO. I'm not going to discuss details here since it has already been covered in many threads in this forum as well as others. Just search around.
Old 10-25-2007, 08:35 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Mogul

ignar is a n00b
I seriously consider getting a Tilt. It has basically everything you can ask from WM phone. I especially like the integrated GPS since that's the missing part with Mogul in my plan to integrate everything into one device.

But two things currently stop me. The first is the weight of Tilt. It weights almost 1 oz more than Mogul, and I've thought Mogul is already tad heavy. Another thing is AT&T plan. In addition to the cost of a phone, the monthly cost would be at least $80 for some voice hours with unlimited internet. I use my phone for data more than for voice, and unlimited data plan is a must. AT&T wants $40 for unlimited data for smartphone such as Tilt and it doesn't even have unlimited text. When $80 at AT&T will get me less than what $30 at Sprint does, I can't justify the switch.
Old 10-25-2007, 10:00 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Nexus S 4G

Merovingian is becoming a great contributor
I have actually played with and *fondled* the Tilt, and quite a bit too. Service provider aside, it is gazzillions better that the Mogul, hardware-wise. It feels so much solid, so much more well built, and more packaged. HTC used some grip like material, like is used on the Wing and Dash, on the exterior which makes holding it very pleasing.
It feels much more durable, overall just more tightly built. The chrome bottom front is very well done.
I have to admit that when i first handled the Mogul, it felt so cheaply built, and the presence of the Tilt next to it just glaringly exemplifies that fact. It's hard to even imagine, holding both, that the same company made them.

Okay, enough with the "bashing", but seriously if they ever get to fixing the memory issue with the Mogul, it'd give the Tilt serious run for the money. EVDO is the deciding factor here and Sprint can't be beat.
Old 10-26-2007, 12:58 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: sprint

gobmonster is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargobmonster is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargobmonster is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiekain View Post
are u gonna get the tilt?
haha, undoubtedly NO!

the tilt is nice and all, but its not that much of an upgrade, not to mention that atnt/cingular is the worse wireless carrier on my side of town, and coupling that with no roaming is hazardess

honestly, im coming from a phone that never worked, then a phone that never interested me, for the mogul to be my first PPC im very pleased, and i think its well worth waiting atleast a year and a half for sprint to try again and knock out the problems with it (via 6900) than to switch to another carrier
Old 10-29-2007, 07:39 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S II Epic 4G Touch
Threadstarter

jimmiekain is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjimmiekain is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjimmiekain is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjimmiekain is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjimmiekain is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to jimmiekain Send a message via MSN to jimmiekain Send a message via Yahoo to jimmiekain
Quote:
Originally Posted by ignar View Post
I seriously consider getting a Tilt. It has basically everything you can ask from WM phone. I especially like the integrated GPS since that's the missing part with Mogul in my plan to integrate everything into one device.

But two things currently stop me. The first is the weight of Tilt. It weights almost 1 oz more than Mogul, and I've thought Mogul is already tad heavy. Another thing is AT&T plan. In addition to the cost of a phone, the monthly cost would be at least $80 for some voice hours with unlimited internet. I use my phone for data more than for voice, and unlimited data plan is a must. AT&T wants $40 for unlimited data for smartphone such as Tilt and it doesn't even have unlimited text. When $80 at AT&T will get me less than what $30 at Sprint does, I can't justify the switch.

your right man, I guess I gotta think about it more. but lately my mogul has been working better!
Old 10-29-2007, 07:42 PM
Almost a VIP
Threadstarter

jimmiekain is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjimmiekain is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjimmiekain is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjimmiekain is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjimmiekain is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to jimmiekain Send a message via MSN to jimmiekain Send a message via Yahoo to jimmiekain
Quote:
Originally Posted by Merovingian View Post
I have actually played with and *fondled* the Tilt, and quite a bit too. Service provider aside, it is gazzillions better that the Mogul, hardware-wise. It feels so much solid, so much more well built, and more packaged. HTC used some grip like material, like is used on the Wing and Dash, on the exterior which makes holding it very pleasing.
It feels much more durable, overall just more tightly built. The chrome bottom front is very well done.
I have to admit that when i first handled the Mogul, it felt so cheaply built, and the presence of the Tilt next to it just glaringly exemplifies that fact. It's hard to even imagine, holding both, that the same company made them.

Okay, enough with the "bashing", but seriously if they ever get to fixing the memory issue with the Mogul, it'd give the Tilt serious run for the money. EVDO is the deciding factor here and Sprint can't be beat.

thats what really worries me about AT&T and the tilt, AT&T's internet is sooo slow! my sprint EVDO is already worlds ahead of it and when Rev A finally drops its gonna be crazy!
Old 10-29-2007, 07:44 PM
Almost a VIP
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by gobmonster View Post
haha, undoubtedly NO!

the tilt is nice and all, but its not that much of an upgrade, not to mention that atnt/cingular is the worse wireless carrier on my side of town, and coupling that with no roaming is hazardess

honestly, im coming from a phone that never worked, then a phone that never interested me, for the mogul to be my first PPC im very pleased, and i think its well worth waiting atleast a year and a half for sprint to try again and knock out the problems with it (via 6900) than to switch to another carrier

good idea!
Old 10-29-2007, 08:07 PM
Regular 'Geeker

SINNN is a n00b
Personaly, Tilt is a kik ass phone and makes the Mogul look like a terrible phone. But I will never leave SERO. Im saving 60 dollars amonth just being with SERO. But I sure wished Mogul had more memlory.
Old 10-29-2007, 10:34 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

sonicdivx is a n00b
Agree Tilt is great ATT did a nice job with HTC (weight is a bit much but anyhoo). Its surprising how the tilt screen makes some things so much easier. That said if you get the SERO plan the savings I believe is very compelling, especially since you roam onto Verizon so effectively have a much larger network.
Old 10-29-2007, 10:54 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: w
Carrier: f

jph8tr is a n00b
I commute into NYC every morning on the Long Island Rail Road. A guy I sit with every morning showed up with a Tilt last Monday. I was envious. The Tilt was obviously superior hardware compared to my Mogul. He returned it Friday. Slow data outside of Manhattan, dropped calls everywhere, no service in his home, no service in his office, no service in the Penn Station tunnels.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan