PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-06-2007, 06:11 PM
boe
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Touch
Carrier: Sprint

boe is keeping up the good workboe is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
I just set up a Tilt for someone yesterday - my opinion based on my experience with several Moguls

The Tilt is another POS phone not unlike the mogul

Tilt seems to take longer to fully boot - reminds me of Windows - you see your backgound screen and icons but it seems to be loading crap in the background so it is slow even though it looks to be booted.

Tilt has a tilting feature slightly better in that respect for typing but for some reason I didn't like the keyboard as much although they are similar

Tilt is slightly thicker than the mogul - what is wrong with HTC?

Tilt has a problem with button assignment - I imagine will be addressed by a firmware update - side buttons don't reassign properly dpad buttons do.

Tilt seemed slightly heavier.

Since I have a mogul I don't carry my BT headset with me so I didn't get a chance to test if the tilt was better - I guess the obvious question - could it possibly be worse than the mogul?

Tilt has some GPS connection unit in the back - I should find out what that is for.

The tilt has more ram (or maybe rom I always get that mixed up on phones)

The tilt has a better camera but it doesn't have a flash - to me the flash is 1000 times more important as I have a camera for taking decent pictures - I'll use a soggy cocktail napkin and a pencil when I need something that can't be made out instead of my phone. I use the flash all the time as a light/flashlight - not sure why it isn't a standard feature. They bulk up your phone with a useless camera but remove the tiny LED to save space?

Same low resolution screen as the mogul.

Last edited by boe; 11-06-2007 at 09:41 PM.
Old 11-23-2007, 01:18 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Mogul

ignar is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
I bought a Tilt and used it a few days. Now I'm going back to Mogul.

Don't get me wrong. Tilt is not a bad phone, but I don't see good enough reason to switch from Mogul to Tilt considering higher monthly cost and poor AT&T service.

The things I like about Tilt:

- More RAMs
- Better camera with auto focus. No flash is a big deal since the flash in Mogul never produced a better picture. (but it's great as a flashlight).
- Integrated GPS.
- AT&T theme. (well at last it's better than yellowish Sprint one )
- Good reception and sound quality. (I've used HTC Trinity before, and reception and earpiece volume was rather weak. Not with Tilt. This could be the best GSM phone I've had in terms of reception and volume.)
- Build quality is solid. Rubberish backside feels great and battery cover is way better than Mogul one. Also battery looks cool. (Hard to explain, but it's kind of metal)
- Micro SD card slot has a rubber cover.
- Stylus is better. Not telescoping, and at least usable.
- Great supporting community at xda-developers. Too much information to swallow. (But Mogul has PPCGeeks.)

The things I didn't like:
- Less available ROMs.
- Heavy!
- AT&T logo on top front doesn't fit very well.
- Unlike Kaiser, no second camera on the front side. I don't do video calling, but the front side camera is useful as a mirror.
- Keyboard is not spring loaded.
- Keyboard layout and feels. It could be just a matter of getting used to, but I like Mogul one better. Also the location and size of soft keys are terrible and it gets even worse when the screen is tilted. With the screen tilted, soft keys are almost impossible to press.
- Though Tilt has much more RAM, it doesn't seem to affect performance. At times, I found Mogul is more snappy. You may notice advantage if you run multiple larger size apps, but for my usage, more RAMs didn't do much good thing as I expected.

I might keep Tilt if I don't have a Mogul already, but as I commented before, I can't justify switch for very little gains when the cost jumps quite a bit.
Old 12-10-2007, 09:25 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Mogul

supark is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
My buddy has a Tilt and loves it - but the tilt screen really doesn't seem important to me. Also I believe he is on AT&T and when he wanted to activate GPS - he found out he has to pay $10 a month to use it!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan