PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-30-2007, 09:47 AM
Regular 'Geeker

sfaure03 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
could well be as simple as coordination with sprint who is set nto release a rom tomorrow
Old 10-30-2007, 09:52 AM
The Pusher Man
Pocket PC: BB
Carrier: Sprint - Simply Everything

Lsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Or because 2.16 didn't work.
Old 10-30-2007, 11:05 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Mogul, HTC Apache
Carrier: Sprint

jamesus knows their stuffjamesus knows their stuffjamesus knows their stuffjamesus knows their stuffjamesus knows their stuffjamesus knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to jamesus Send a message via Yahoo to jamesus
Quote:
Originally Posted by phidong View Post
I wonder how long we'll have to wait for a fix. Makes you wonder if HTC is even testing these ROM updates at all.
They are. The testers are the users...

A mass of tears have transformed to stones now sharpened on suffering and woven into slings...
Old 10-30-2007, 11:07 AM
DaGreatOne
Pocket PC: HTC EVO (white)!

shaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to shaun0207 Send a message via Yahoo to shaun0207 Send a message via Skype™ to shaun0207
I looked at both links too. The 2.16 ROM is gone! maybe they releasing a new ROM.
Old 10-30-2007, 12:17 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2

JackG058 is becoming a great contributor
My experience is the same as yours...

Quote:
Originally Posted by klurf8881 View Post
theres a RUMOR this week, but i doubt that. But i also wouldnt guess too long. It could, as mentioned before, be one simple little coding error they can fix easily. One single character or bit off could cause huge errors. No one knows right now really.

im current running n2o's 2.16 rom and 1.40 radio and have no DSOD/freezing issues at all. So far my interpretation of the error of freezing going from evdo to 1x and back or into roaming is the 1.47 radio's fault. Ive had no problems with 1.40 (ive tested it in low signal areas and manually changed in settings to roam back and forth and no freezes). Im not a huge bluetooth user but i havent noticed any disconnects, but i also never had problems with bluetooth in the original ROM so maybe i just got lucky. I did notice the dpad issue once but a few click of the pad unlocked it- it wasn't very serious. The new ROM definitely seems to runs quicker and cure RAM issues slightly- it has its benefits.
I also am running the 2.16 ROM with the 1.40 radio, and I haven't locked up once. I've not yet seen the dpad issue. In about two days time I've had one disconnect of my headset from the Mogul. It was while the Mogul was idle and unused this morning. It was easily remedied by turning BT off then on from the Mogul. That is a whole lot better than things used to be. I also think the device is a little snappier with the new ROM. However, last night while using Opera Mobile with only one extra tab opened, I got some memory errors stating I needed to close down some apps. The list showed several phone instances open, along with a messaging instance, activesync, and of course Opera. However, when I went into the settings/memory to close apps, only Opera and Activesync showed up in the list. This happened a couple of different times to me while browsing. Could this be another bug?
Old 10-30-2007, 12:42 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

ebmorgan is becoming a PPCGeeks regularebmorgan is becoming a PPCGeeks regularebmorgan is becoming a PPCGeeks regularebmorgan is becoming a PPCGeeks regularebmorgan is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
AHAHAHAHA.....they pulled 2.16? AHAHAHAHAHAHA.....tools.....AHAHAHAHAH
Old 10-30-2007, 12:54 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2

JackG058 is becoming a great contributor
From Sprint's BAW forum, poster Tristan, a Sprint Admin who accurately foretold the coming of 2.16:

I do have confirmation that the 2.16 ROM was pulled from the HTC site. I don't have a date (official or otherwise) for when a new update would be released.

As always, when I have any information I'll be sure to post.

Tristan

The link is http://forums.buzzaboutwireless.com/...ending&page=30
Old 10-30-2007, 01:15 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint SERO Premium

mswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuff
Is anyone that heavily uses Bluetooth running 2.16 ROM with the 1.40 radio?

2.09 ROM runs BT ok. No disconnects but sometimes it won't wake phone from headset or is very slow too. Audio is fine. I'd tried 2.16 and it was a joke on the Radio and the BT disconnects and shutdowns. So ok, you can fix the radio. But if my audio is ok with BT on 2.09 is Bluetooth really an improvment in 2.16.

By the sounds of it, it still sounds too broken to use. It may be worth it for folks that had headsets that just didn't get along at all with 2.09.
Old 10-30-2007, 01:47 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Evo
Carrier: sprint

KINYA is a n00b
Send a message via Skype™ to KINYA
Smile

i have no problems with teh new rom
Old 10-30-2007, 02:12 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Nexus One
Carrier: AT&T

krohnjw is becoming a PPCGeeks regularkrohnjw is becoming a PPCGeeks regularkrohnjw is becoming a PPCGeeks regularkrohnjw is becoming a PPCGeeks regularkrohnjw is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Quote:
Originally Posted by mswlogo View Post
Is anyone that heavily uses Bluetooth running 2.16 ROM with the 1.40 radio?

2.09 ROM runs BT ok. No disconnects but sometimes it won't wake phone from headset or is very slow too. Audio is fine. I'd tried 2.16 and it was a joke on the Radio and the BT disconnects and shutdowns. So ok, you can fix the radio. But if my audio is ok with BT on 2.09 is Bluetooth really an improvment in 2.16.

By the sounds of it, it still sounds too broken to use. It may be worth it for folks that had headsets that just didn't get along at all with 2.09.
I had severe audio problems with the 2.09 ROM and BT - the 2.16 fixed it. Since going back to the 1.40 radio yesterday with the 2.16 ROM I have not had BT shut off or the lockups I was previously getting (took the same 40 mile drive yesterday where it occurred several times prior). Time will tell if it will come back or not - but no BT issues since switching to the 1.40 Radio with the new ROM

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan