PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-29-2007, 03:30 PM
Lurker

russ10s is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
How about if I'm using a Mac? I have not been able to find any solutions to installing this update through my iMac. I contacted HTC and they said it wasn't supported for a Mac. They said I must sync it to a Windows Machine with ActiveSync. If that is true, can I install that on my wife's work computer and still continue syncing everything else here on my iMac? In other words just use the PC for the update and then my iMac and Missing Sync to reload all the other stuff? Thanks for any help. Greatly appreciated.
Old 10-29-2007, 03:39 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint

JackG058 is becoming a great contributor
russ10s, I don't see any reason why you cannot install the ROM with your wife's work PC and then once installed, use the iMac to sync again. I installed the ROM from one laptop running Vista, and then I installed a different radio version last night with an XP laptop. The ROM is going to take you to a fresh device look anyway, because it is a hard reset procedure. As an added suggestion, consider using an online exchange service, such as mail2web, to do over the air activesyncs. This service is free and it syncs your contacts, calendar, and emails. It makes hard resets so much less painful.
Old 10-29-2007, 04:19 PM
Lurker

russ10s is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by JackG058 View Post
russ10s, I don't see any reason why you cannot install the ROM with your wife's work PC and then once installed, use the iMac to sync again. I installed the ROM from one laptop running Vista, and then I installed a different radio version last night with an XP laptop. The ROM is going to take you to a fresh device look anyway, because it is a hard reset procedure. As an added suggestion, consider using an online exchange service, such as mail2web, to do over the air activesyncs. This service is free and it syncs your contacts, calendar, and emails. It makes hard resets so much less painful.
Jack,

thanks for the quick response. I'm going to give it a try tonight. I'll also look into that over the air activesync. I gather from that you can reload all your information after a hard reset and then just reinstall any hacks or programs you've added right? Thanks again for the help.
Old 10-29-2007, 04:25 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2

JackG058 is becoming a great contributor
You are correct

Quote:
Originally Posted by russ10s View Post
Jack,

thanks for the quick response. I'm going to give it a try tonight. I'll also look into that over the air activesync. I gather from that you can reload all your information after a hard reset and then just reinstall any hacks or programs you've added right? Thanks again for the help.
After a hard reset, I just go into activesync settings on the Mogul, and enter the mail2web server information. Upon successful completion, it will automatically connect to the server and download my already synced info. I love this service!
Old 10-29-2007, 10:28 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint SERO

kilmarac is becoming a great contributor
Ok, so after trying to get some completely unrelated issues fixed, Sprint Tech support says "Take your phone to the sprint store, Ill leave some notes for them to follow" No notes, but the tech that helped me said this.

"Have you tried the new ROM update?" I said, that depends... when did he hear about it. The proceeded to explain I had tried it alst week but that it was buggy.

He said that he just got the official release email TODAY telling him to advise customers to update their ROM and gave a link to the htc website to do it. He also seemed really confused when he suggest I call HTC support on the issue and I told him that I had read on "the forums" (didnt say where) that HTC was referring everyone to call sprint.

LOL
Old 10-29-2007, 10:40 PM
Lurker

ajbent86 is a n00b
Well HTC finally pulled the 2.16 ROM from their site..............i guess thats their way of admiting it was not right!

both america.htc.com and htcamerica.net now just have 2.09 listed

Last edited by ajbent86; 10-30-2007 at 12:50 AM.
Old 10-29-2007, 10:44 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: w
Carrier: f

jph8tr is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajbent86 View Post
well HTC finally pull the 2.16 from their site..............i guess thats their way of admiting it was not right!

A week late!
Old 10-29-2007, 11:15 PM
The Enforcer
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G, ViewSonic gTablet, BB Bold 9650

Pibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIP
Quote:
well HTC finally pull the 2.16 from their site..............i guess thats their way of admiting it was not right!

I'll be darned...

Great work HTC!

---
Don't forget to Search first!
Old 10-30-2007, 03:08 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: sprint

phidong is becoming a great contributor
Quote:
Well HTC finally pulled the 2.16 ROM from their site..............i guess thats their way of admiting it was not right!

I wonder how long we'll have to wait for a fix. Makes you wonder if HTC is even testing these ROM updates at all.
Old 10-30-2007, 09:42 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

migz1134 is keeping up the good workmigz1134 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to migz1134
HTC Mogul Rom Removed From Downloads

Does any one know why HTC removed the new Mogul Rom from their downloads section? I know ppl have said that there is two different links but both links get the same rom version the 2.09 rather than the 2.16....

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan