PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-26-2007, 09:59 PM
A Geek For Eons
Pocket PC: Photon, Xoom
Carrier: Sprint/US, Airtel/India, Telus/Canada

willysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by betulike2know View Post
I just got back from the sprint store after getting a replacement for my g/f's a900 and while there I picked the tech guy's brain a little.... this is what he told me:

Don't upgrade with the ROM from HTC's site!
Wait till the ROM is available from Sprint's site under downloads, b/c Sprint is planning to pack it with another radio version and some other bluetooth tweaks (volume control issue), and HTC jumped the gun with posting the ROM on their website.
Basically its a generic TyTN upgrade that was originally geared for GSM versions and they slapped it with the sprint splash screen to shut up the crowds that were calling them daily and tearing them a new one. Apparently since this phone is ONLY serviced by sprint, this is not considered to be an official rom upgrade until its available on sprint's site.

http://www.sprintusers.com/forum/sho...145275&page=12

Can anyone working for SPCS confirm this at all?
I think the tech was feeding you a line of BS...
Old 10-26-2007, 10:19 PM
gt3
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC ppc6800
Carrier: Sprint

gt3 is a n00b
How many peeps with lock-up problems have slide2unlock installed? I switched it off and the phone has not locked up on me for the past 8 hours.
Old 10-26-2007, 10:38 PM
dcd
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

dcd is a VIPdcd is a VIPdcd is a VIPdcd is a VIPdcd is a VIPdcd is a VIPdcd is a VIPdcd is a VIPdcd is a VIPdcd is a VIPdcd is a VIP
Quote:
I just got back from the sprint store after getting a replacement for my g/f's a900 and while there I picked the tech guy's brain a little.... this is what he told me:

Wait till the ROM is available from Sprint's site under downloads, b/c Sprint is planning to pack it with another radio version and some other bluetooth tweaks (volume control issue), and HTC jumped the gun with posting the ROM on their website.
Basically its a generic TyTN upgrade that was originally geared for GSM versions and they slapped it with the sprint splash screen to shut up the crowds that were calling them daily and tearing them a new one. Apparently since this phone is ONLY serviced by sprint, this is not considered to be an official rom upgrade until its available on sprint's site.

it is not a tytn rom that was originally geared for gsm. the drivers are titan/cdma drivers and the kernel is older than cingulars tytn build. what he told you is false.
Old 10-27-2007, 01:38 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

ajbent86 is a n00b
I know it’s been said before..........but I just got off the phone with Sprint and they said it’s a known issue. However, the more people that call or e-mail to complain will raise the priority of the issue.

So do your part and call or e-mail!
Old 10-27-2007, 02:27 AM
The Enforcer
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G, ViewSonic gTablet, BB Bold 9650

Pibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIP
Quote:

I don't recall ever seeing a ROM update on Sprint's site. Even when I had my 700wx I got a text message from Sprint (about the update to fix the SMS issue) and that text message sent me to Palm's website not to their site. So I call BS on what that tech said as well. I don't even think Sprint has the mean to develop a ROM or modify it, I thought it all went through the HTC... I can be wrong about this last statement though.

As far as my results...

My device only froze once, overnight after the update. It has not frozen again.

I have experienced, twice, the issue of my d-pad not working. Both times happened when I turned on BT.

I have not been able to test clarity of call through BT. However, I did notice that when I received a call and my BT headset was on, it did not beep as before.

I personally feel as if memory is being handled better. I have also noticed other apps more responsive, specially Newsbreak.

---
Don't forget to Search first!
Old 10-27-2007, 03:36 PM
The Enforcer

Pibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIP
Damn... I guess I talked too soon.

I went to sleep late last night, at around 7-8 AM (so you could say I went to bed this morning). I got up at 3 PM and my battery was completely drained... to the point where the device did not turn on and when I plugged it in the charging light was red instead of orange.

I'm pretty sure the phone somehow froze and that's how the battery got drained because my battery usually lasts longer.
Old 10-27-2007, 03:53 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Mogul, HTC Apache

andason is keeping up the good workandason is keeping up the good workandason is keeping up the good work
Send a message via ICQ to andason
roms on sprints site can be found here..

http://www4.sprint.com/pcsbusiness/s...oads/index.jsp

though the new one isn't there yet.

Old 10-27-2007, 03:57 PM
The Enforcer

Quote:
Originally Posted by andason View Post
roms on sprints site can be found here..

http://www4.sprint.com/pcsbusiness/s...oads/index.jsp

though the new one isn't there yet.
Hasn't been updated in a long time. The previous Mogul ROM is not there, heck the 700wx update is not there... just the SMS patch that was released shortly after the 700wx's release.
Old 10-27-2007, 04:01 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Mogul, HTC Apache

andason is keeping up the good workandason is keeping up the good workandason is keeping up the good work
Send a message via ICQ to andason
agreed.. but thats what they provide when i go through my account : )

they don't even provide the first kitchens

Last edited by andason; 10-27-2007 at 04:03 PM.
Old 10-27-2007, 04:07 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

Donatom3 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularDonatom3 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularDonatom3 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularDonatom3 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularDonatom3 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to Donatom3 Send a message via MSN to Donatom3 Send a message via Yahoo to Donatom3
Guys who haven't given up on the 2.16 rom try this registry setting.

HKLM/software/microsoft/bluetooth/sys:
DisableAutoSuspend:
Changed from 1 to 0.
I know theoretically this should enable Auto Suspend. What happened to me is my headset went into it's power saving mode and it disconnected from the Mogul. All I did was hit the connect button on my headset and it connected right back up with the Mogul. I'm going to see how my regedit works and if it isn't satisfactory I'm going to try yours. But I think between the two we got we're getting somewhere.

So far after two hours I have had no bluetooth problems or dpad issues. They're both working the way I would expect BT to work.

Last edited by Donatom3; 10-27-2007 at 06:09 PM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan