View Single Post
Old 10-27-2007, 02:27 AM
Pibe38
The Enforcer

Pibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by betulike2know View Post
I just got back from the sprint store after getting a replacement for my g/f's a900 and while there I picked the tech guy's brain a little.... this is what he told me:

Don't upgrade with the ROM from HTC's site!
Wait till the ROM is available from Sprint's site under downloads, b/c Sprint is planning to pack it with another radio version and some other bluetooth tweaks (volume control issue), and HTC jumped the gun with posting the ROM on their website.
Basically its a generic TyTN upgrade that was originally geared for GSM versions and they slapped it with the sprint splash screen to shut up the crowds that were calling them daily and tearing them a new one. Apparently since this phone is ONLY serviced by sprint, this is not considered to be an official rom upgrade until its available on sprint's site.

http://www.sprintusers.com/forum/sho...145275&page=12

Can anyone working for SPCS confirm this at all?
I don't recall ever seeing a ROM update on Sprint's site. Even when I had my 700wx I got a text message from Sprint (about the update to fix the SMS issue) and that text message sent me to Palm's website not to their site. So I call BS on what that tech said as well. I don't even think Sprint has the mean to develop a ROM or modify it, I thought it all went through the HTC... I can be wrong about this last statement though.

As far as my results...

My device only froze once, overnight after the update. It has not frozen again.

I have experienced, twice, the issue of my d-pad not working. Both times happened when I turned on BT.

I have not been able to test clarity of call through BT. However, I did notice that when I received a call and my BT headset was on, it did not beep as before.

I personally feel as if memory is being handled better. I have also noticed other apps more responsive, specially Newsbreak.

---
Don't forget to Search first!