View Single Post
Old 10-26-2007, 10:38 PM
dcd
VIP Member

dcd is a VIPdcd is a VIPdcd is a VIPdcd is a VIPdcd is a VIPdcd is a VIPdcd is a VIPdcd is a VIPdcd is a VIPdcd is a VIPdcd is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by betulike2know View Post
I just got back from the sprint store after getting a replacement for my g/f's a900 and while there I picked the tech guy's brain a little.... this is what he told me:

Don't upgrade with the ROM from HTC's site!
Wait till the ROM is available from Sprint's site under downloads, b/c Sprint is planning to pack it with another radio version and some other bluetooth tweaks (volume control issue), and HTC jumped the gun with posting the ROM on their website.
Basically its a generic TyTN upgrade that was originally geared for GSM versions and they slapped it with the sprint splash screen to shut up the crowds that were calling them daily and tearing them a new one. Apparently since this phone is ONLY serviced by sprint, this is not considered to be an official rom upgrade until its available on sprint's site.

http://www.sprintusers.com/forum/sho...145275&page=12

Can anyone working for SPCS confirm this at all?
it is not a tytn rom that was originally geared for gsm. the drivers are titan/cdma drivers and the kernel is older than cingulars tytn build. what he told you is false.