PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-25-2007, 01:48 PM
dcd
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

dcd is a VIPdcd is a VIPdcd is a VIPdcd is a VIPdcd is a VIPdcd is a VIPdcd is a VIPdcd is a VIPdcd is a VIPdcd is a VIPdcd is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ebmorgan View Post
First of all you elitist ass munch....perhaps you didn't read my post carefully....or I didn't state it clearly enough. After running apps....and making sure everything is closed with HTC Task and of course the normal method through Settings ....only having HTC home running.....there is no reclaim of RAM.

Once again....phone starts at 24MB after reboot. I use the phone...threaded SMS, PIE, Messaging (EAS), ICS, HTC Home, HTC Task.....that's it. I stop all programs....of course HTC Home and HTC Task still run. 10.94MB RAM.....no reclaim....stays at that level until I reboot.
youre an idiot and you dont belong anywhere near ppcs or technology. im an elitist ass much with 23mb free after running for 24 hours. i run everything you run except for htc home.

htc home is your problem. if you knew how to read you wouldnt be crying that nobody will help you when this has been covered in thread after thread since the titan came out.

i am really curious if the other htc device's forums have been plagued with whiny little kids with no troubleshooting skills who hate their device because of a peice of software called htc home, or if we are stuck with all the morons in the titan community.

Last edited by dcd; 10-25-2007 at 01:54 PM.
Old 10-25-2007, 01:56 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch + Mogul
Carrier: Sprint (its a love/hate thing)

winmobilelawyer is becoming a great contributor
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcd View Post
youre an idiot and you dont belong anywhere near ppcs or technology. im an elitist ass much with 23mb free after running for 24 hours. i run everything you run except for htc home.

htc home is your problem. if you knew how to read you wouldnt be crying that nobody will help you when this has been covered in thread after thread since the titan came out.

i am really curious if the other htc device's forums have been plagued with whiny little kids with no troubleshooting skills who hate their device because of a peice of software called htc home, or if we are stuck with all the morons in the titan community.

ummmm.... THANK YOU. =D>

Not that the people who have made all of those mock HTC Home apps aren't awesome people, but maybe you could limit downloading to the non-morons who understand that it requires memory usage!

And my Touch makes me feel like I am on a diet.

SKINS, WALLPAPERS, LINKS
http://mobile.meangmedia.com

Last edited by winmobilelawyer; 10-25-2007 at 02:06 PM.
Old 10-25-2007, 02:14 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

bcrooker is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by cykococo View Post
I actually called both HTC and Sprint. HTC was no help as it is Sprint's ROM. Sprint did allow that they have received "numerous concerns" over the update, however did not offer any more information or a resolution...
I have talked with both HTC and Sprint. In both cases, they opened up a support ticket and took my contact info and were fairly receptive.

Hopefully given that the problem is 100% reproducible via the Roaming Settings (Sprint Only, Automatic, Roaming Only) they will get this one fixed quickly. You don't need to wait and see if it happens, just switch those settings around a few times and your phone WILL lock up.
Old 10-25-2007, 02:18 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: T PRO
Carrier: SPRINT

FRONT is a n00b
I'm at work. I like so many had huge issue with bluetooth and its funny because ill call sprint with the blue tooth on so they can get how it sounds first hand.
Old 10-25-2007, 02:41 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Titan

hay112 is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by ebmorgan View Post

Once again....phone starts at 24MB after reboot. I use the phone...threaded SMS, PIE, Messaging (EAS), ICS, HTC Home, HTC Task.....that's it. I stop all programs....of course HTC Home and HTC Task still run. 10.94MB RAM.....no reclaim....stays at that level until I reboot.

run Oxios closeapps to regain some your memory, other than that there's not much sprint or htc can do its not their issue its WM6....So those complaints need to go to Redmond...
Old 10-25-2007, 03:04 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: htc touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint

nerdstrap is just getting started
Who cares how much free ram you have. If you want a lean mean machine, buy a calculator. These are powerful, microsized computers. Computers use RAM! A lot of it! If you have free ram, then you arent multi-tasking enough! Carry at least 2 spare batteries with you at all times!

What you should be concerned with, is the total amount of ram you have. For the life of me, I can NOT understand why new devices don't have > 100 MB of ram.

And less than one GB of storage is ridiculous! I can get a 4 gb sd card for < 40 bucks... retail!
Old 10-25-2007, 03:11 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

hay112 is a n00b
EDU time:

One more thing while everyone's talking about memory, i hope everyone here knows that these things work just like a pc in regards to memory...

here's an example in theory
say we have two moguls side by side and for the sake of this argument
lets say one of them has 128mb of ram just like the tilt and they're running the same programs, lets say one has 10mb of free memory and the other has 74mb...and lets say you open up PIE to go to a web page....which one is faster? Actually they should be the exact same speed UNLESS the page you go to in PIE or the program you use needs more than 10mb of free memory otherwise it'll be the same. You see the amount of free memory does not make a difference unless you use all of it or a program needs all of it for a moment in time, in that case you will notice a SEVERE slow down.

This is just like some people thinking that upgrading your pc from 1gb of memory to 2gb will make a difference for web browsing or basic office apps, it only makes a difference if the programs your using exceed the alloted free memory available.....
Old 10-25-2007, 03:18 PM
Lurker

Mustang1970 is a n00b
BT Issue

I also have had the dreaded BT issue where it is turning off all by itself so I hard reset the Mogul. THEN I added nothing to it except setting up email. Since that moment I have been on the phone for nearly 3 hours solid (on BT) and NO ISSUES. I suspect that culprit is a common piece of software we are all loading. Might it be the HTC 6 Tab on Today or is it possibly Calendar + or some other piece of software. The suspects should be the most common of apps. Thoughts?

And concerning the memory issue. I agree if you bought a device which was advertised as 64mb of RAM and you expected something different then shame on you. If MS has a buggy OS shame on them. If you write software and don't fix memory leaks in it then shame on you. My point, there is no single point of failure on this issue and in case no one told you lately...THIS IS NOT A PERFECT WORLD...so stop the complaining and the threats of class action lawsuits because they are only going to drain you emotionally and financially and you will still have issues with this or any other product. Get on with life.
Old 10-25-2007, 03:22 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

hay112 is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by klurf8881 View Post
im sorry but youre way out of line. Ive owned PLENTY of WM devices (6600,6700,700wx, Q, mogul, tilt, blackjack, i930, i600, etc) over the past few years or so since WM came out, with 64mb RAM and NEVER had and issue with low RAM. First of all see the attached picture, a 700wx screenshot, so no- not ALL 64mb devices leave u with a measly 22-24mb free RAM. No one whos owned a WM device before bought this expecting it to be this bad coming from ~40mb free. Im sorry but youre wrong no one could have predicted it to be that bad.

And IMO from using numerous WM devices, loosing almost 50% of your free RAM (and 1/3rd the total) to a slightly modded OS is unacceptable on an almost $600 device. I do monitor my RAM AND i do use most of it most of the time down to just a few mb. and when you have lockups due to running out, thats the problem not having a certain number per say.
I've never owned a 700wx nor have i seen any windows mobile device with 64mb have the amount of free memory that i see in your screenshot there. That's impressive! The last 3 mobile phones i've owned; dash, mda and even my nokia 6682 all hovered around the same amount of free ram that i see on my mogul. Once again i truly believe this has nothing to do with sprint or htc since its not a hardware issue but more of an OS issue....so you can thank mr gates and the ppc crew up there...
Old 10-25-2007, 03:24 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

hay112 is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by klurf8881 View Post

the fact here is the OS is too bloated for the mere 64mb RAM and was a poor decision to use. wm6 needs a min 128mb RAM to run properly apparently
i completely agree

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan