Old 10-25-2007, 03:22 PM
hay112
PPCGeeks Regular

hay112 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by klurf8881 View Post
im sorry but youre way out of line. Ive owned PLENTY of WM devices (6600,6700,700wx, Q, mogul, tilt, blackjack, i930, i600, etc) over the past few years or so since WM came out, with 64mb RAM and NEVER had and issue with low RAM. First of all see the attached picture, a 700wx screenshot, so no- not ALL 64mb devices leave u with a measly 22-24mb free RAM. No one whos owned a WM device before bought this expecting it to be this bad coming from ~40mb free. Im sorry but youre wrong no one could have predicted it to be that bad.

And IMO from using numerous WM devices, loosing almost 50% of your free RAM (and 1/3rd the total) to a slightly modded OS is unacceptable on an almost $600 device. I do monitor my RAM AND i do use most of it most of the time down to just a few mb. and when you have lockups due to running out, thats the problem not having a certain number per say.
I've never owned a 700wx nor have i seen any windows mobile device with 64mb have the amount of free memory that i see in your screenshot there. That's impressive! The last 3 mobile phones i've owned; dash, mda and even my nokia 6682 all hovered around the same amount of free ram that i see on my mogul. Once again i truly believe this has nothing to do with sprint or htc since its not a hardware issue but more of an OS issue....so you can thank mr gates and the ppc crew up there...