PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-24-2007, 12:36 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: not
Carrier: sPriNt

codyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to codyppc
Quote:
Originally Posted by psywzrd View Post
I'm having DPad issues as well. Is there any way to go back to the old ROM (2.08 whatever, not 2.09 since I didn't have that on my phone to begin with). Does anyone have that 2.08 ROM exe file?
no one has it. just do the 2.09 and install the keyboard fix. basicly the same as 2.08 with the addition of music store.
Old 10-24-2007, 12:44 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Mogul, HTC Apache
Carrier: Sprint

jamesus knows their stuffjamesus knows their stuffjamesus knows their stuffjamesus knows their stuffjamesus knows their stuffjamesus knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to jamesus Send a message via Yahoo to jamesus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilliland View Post
Well, since no one has answered, I'll post the answer that I came up with. I found a freeware backup utility for my personal data (Contacts, etc.) that simply extracts the data from the phone and stores it into a small database on the Storage Card. It's called PIMBackup: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=299705

However, my other questions (below) still stand. If anyone can provide a clear guide to what should be backed up and restored, and (just as important) what shouldn't, I think it would help everyone.
It all depends on where your data/files are located. If you have different themes/icons, then you need to grab them from the Program Files folder. If you save everything in the My Docs, then grab that.

A mass of tears have transformed to stones now sharpened on suffering and woven into slings...
Old 10-24-2007, 12:46 PM
Regular 'Geeker

SINNN is a n00b
I did a test last night. I soft reset my device and wrote down the memory on it. Woke up and see if there was a drain by just leaving it on all night. Not charging just if you need to know. This is the results.

24.95 and in the morning............. 24.64. SO i guess you can say the memory leak is gone.

I have a few selected programs installed like HTC home, Oxios memory, Mobitv,live search, and tcpmp.
Old 10-24-2007, 12:46 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

ebmorgan is becoming a PPCGeeks regularebmorgan is becoming a PPCGeeks regularebmorgan is becoming a PPCGeeks regularebmorgan is becoming a PPCGeeks regularebmorgan is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
I stand corrected...they did release a maintenance ROM. Do I not give SPrint enough credit? Naaaaaah....

Downloading now....
Old 10-24-2007, 12:52 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Mogul, HTC Apache

jamesus knows their stuffjamesus knows their stuffjamesus knows their stuffjamesus knows their stuffjamesus knows their stuffjamesus knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to jamesus Send a message via Yahoo to jamesus
Quote:
Originally Posted by SINNN View Post
I did a test last night. I soft reset my device and wrote down the memory on it. Woke up and see if there was a drain by just leaving it on all night. Not charging just if you need to know. This is the results.

24.95 and in the morning............. 24.64. SO i guess you can say the memory leak is gone.

I have a few selected programs installed like HTC home, Oxios memory, Mobitv,live search, and tcpmp.
The memory leak is more the opening of programs and them closing them with WM6 not reclaiming all of the memory used. Not granted, some will be stored in cache, but after I am using my device for a while and use Oxios to reclaim some RAM, I stand at 12.4 MB. That being said, I have many things running on the today screen, so I know that number will be lower than most.
Old 10-24-2007, 12:57 PM
N00b

wood is a n00b
I haven't posted much on this forum, but I must say that this new rom has definitely increased performance. Everything seems to open a bit faster and like others have stated the ram is "maintained" better. Also, thanks a lot to the tip to soft-reset at the "3 sec customization" to not have all that shrimp crap.
Old 10-24-2007, 12:58 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO
Carrier: Sprint - SERO

Alpine- is keeping up the good workAlpine- is keeping up the good work
So are people seeing better memory usage with the new ROM? It didnt specifically say anything about improved memory usage.

I was under the impression this was a leak issue in WM6 OS rather than a firmware issue. Anyone have any info on when MS plans to release an update for WM6?
Old 10-24-2007, 01:01 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

thecalip is just getting started
I ran into big problem after the upgrade. We know all the Mogul crap out on us once a while when it was phone off, and wouldn't come back on and require a reset. After the upgrade, I have this occurred to me at least 5 times, that's within 12 hours.

Anyone else experience similar?
Old 10-24-2007, 01:23 PM
TC1
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Titan

TC1 is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by wood View Post
I haven't posted much on this forum, but I must say that this new rom has definitely increased performance. Everything seems to open a bit faster and like others have stated the ram is "maintained" better. Also, thanks a lot to the tip to soft-reset at the "3 sec customization" to not have all that shrimp crap.
LOL @ "shrimp crap"
Old 10-24-2007, 01:24 PM
TC1
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Titan

TC1 is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpine- View Post
So are people seeing better memory usage with the new ROM? It didnt specifically say anything about improved memory usage.

I was under the impression this was a leak issue in WM6 OS rather than a firmware issue. Anyone have any info on when MS plans to release an update for WM6?
Current rumor is Q1 2008 for a WM6 update from Microsoft... also the possibility it might be WM6.1 with the side-scrolling/carousel interface.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan