PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Thunderbolt
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-21-2011, 08:13 PM
Two-Time Mafiosi
Pocket PC: HTC Thunderbolt
Carrier: Verizon

Kliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to Kliptik
Re: what device are you leaving for the thunderbolt?

Quote:
Originally Posted by oberkc View Post
I left my Omnia and trusted winmo 6.1. I am having withdrawal pains, but trust they will go away with familiarity with android. For those wondering about contact data from the Omnia...I usedgoogle sync, and my contacts, calendar, and EMail were instantly on the new Thunderbolt.
Do you know a good way to keep the Thunderbolt and Android synced?
Old 03-21-2011, 11:44 PM
Is Discombobulated!!
Pocket PC: Vzw touch pro 2/Thunderbolt
Carrier: verizon
Threadstarter

Straitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via AIM to Straitup27 Send a message via MSN to Straitup27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kliptik View Post
I'm right there with ya, Straitup. I got my Thunderbolt yesterday, leaving my TP2 that I've had since it released. So far I'm loving it. Battery life is lacking, but with the specs of the phone, I suppose it's to be expected. Nothing some task managers won't help out. Once Verizon gets a solid WP7 device out there, I'll be there for sure!! In the mean time, enjoying the speed...

Glad to see some familiar peeps made the switch too.
awesome!!! yet another friend lol,dude fonts for android isn't quite as cool as the app you made for wm,any plans to converting to android in the future??

great seeing you homie!!

Old 03-22-2011, 03:17 AM
Lurker

oberkc is a n00b

Quote:
Do you know a good way to keep the Thunderbolt and Android synced?
I am not sure I understand this question.

I keep my phone (now android), GMail webmail, and PC (with outlook) synced with contacts, EMail, and calendar. With WMobile, I used active sync with IMAP on the phone and google sync on the PC.

I have added Gsyncit on the computer to keep things better aligned with the google account data online, and the new Thunderbolt appears to keep the phone and the google data lined up, so all is well.
Old 03-22-2011, 09:27 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: imagio

crzyjoker13 is a n00b

i left the imagio behind for the tbolt....
Old 03-22-2011, 12:29 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: verizon wireless

notyourmom is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by doogie63 View Post
I may switch from omina but need way to copy all contacts and txt msg over.
try ActiveSync/MS Exchange sync your phone directly to your google acct. thats what im doing.
**you must destroy all current email accts and activesync/ms exchange settings and reset the phone first.
**also, do not attempt to sync text msgs or tasks

Setting Up Your Windows Mobile Phone for Google Sync : Google Sync - Google Mobile Help
Old 03-22-2011, 11:09 PM
Two-Time Mafiosi

Kliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via MSN to Kliptik

Quote:
Originally Posted by Straitup27 View Post
awesome!!! yet another friend lol,dude fonts for android isn't quite as cool as the app you made for wm,any plans to converting to android in the future??

great seeing you homie!!
Yeah good to see a fmailiar name! I've somewhat stepped out of developing indefinitely, as everything else I have going is a higher priority right now. If I do start developing again, and if I look into Android, then trust me... KD-Font will be the first app I look into!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by oberkc View Post
I am not sure I understand this question.

I keep my phone (now android), GMail webmail, and PC (with outlook) synced with contacts, EMail, and calendar. With WMobile, I used active sync with IMAP on the phone and google sync on the PC.

I have added Gsyncit on the computer to keep things better aligned with the google account data online, and the new Thunderbolt appears to keep the phone and the google data lined up, so all is well.
My bad. I meant to say Outlook and Android... But I think you answered the question... Thank you!
Old 03-23-2011, 12:11 PM
Is Discombobulated!!
Pocket PC: Vzw touch pro 2/Thunderbolt
Threadstarter

Straitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via AIM to Straitup27 Send a message via MSN to Straitup27
I heard that Kliptik,well either way im still gonna be using the app for a long time!! Loving this tbolt!

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk
Old 03-23-2011, 11:32 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: THUNDERBOLT
Carrier: VERIZON

jfugate15 is a n00b

Leaving a 10 year commitment to Sprint going all the way back to the Samsung N200, N400, Sayno 7400, PPC6700, Mogul, Touch Pro, and Touch Pro 2 and jumped on the Verizon LTE 4G unlimited train for my shiny new Thunderbolt!!
Old 03-24-2011, 10:42 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Thunderbolt / HTC Evo Shift
Carrier: Verizon / Sprint

ufjason is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Earmuffs View Post
I would consider leaving for Verizon's better "4G" (Which reminds me, All this 4G stuff is a bunch of gimmicky bullshit) But I'd just end up switching back to Sprint for the EVO 3D or what ever it ends up being called. Can't wait for Avatar3D And Jackass 3D on my phone ooooohhh and videos of my Nephew in 3D @ hopefully 720p or higher.

[RANT=Oh yeah and why 4G is a bullshit gimmick is because current network standards already support "4G" Speeds
for instance GSM data rates can hit I think ~15-17 Mbps and CDMA EVDO Rev.A Can hit ~7 Mbps. Now seeing as how on USCC I was getting 1.5Mbps on 3g EVDO Rev.A and when I switched to Sprint I get 900kbps to 1Mbps
how about rather than just effing me 10 bucks a month for 4G service I don't get they saturate the fully functioning pipe they already have and get me a solid 5mbps.[/RANT]
Verizon has a true next generation network. 4G is just a marketing term whereas 3G was an actual standard. LTE is what Verizon is using and I've shown a speedtest that gives my comcast speeds a run for their money. That is next generation. Verizon is just doing like everyone else and using the same easily consumable term of 4G. They never got much traction with EvDO after all. WTF is Rev A.? See my point?
Old 03-24-2011, 10:44 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Thunderbolt / HTC Evo Shift
Carrier: Verizon / Sprint

ufjason is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kliptik View Post
Once Verizon gets a solid WP7 device out there, I'll be there for sure!!
The HTC Trophy is coming next month to Verizon but like all the CDMA WP7 phones, will be 3G.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Thunderbolt