PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Smartphones > Devices > HTC Ozone

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-23-2009, 01:23 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Verizon XV-6700, HTC XV-6175
Carrier: Verizon

tarheelB&B is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: HTC Ozone

Quote:
Originally Posted by WACOMalt View Post
Thanks, but I already did that. The ##778 menu is set up fine, but no connections are listed in ICS.

I went ahead and bought pdanet. working fine so far. Though I would still like to get this working for the heck of it.
I think the issue you are having inst related to your settings. Ignore the blank categories and just start the connection. It is a minor nuisance but the program still works.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-07-2009, 12:07 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Ozone

drew_san is a n00b

I keep hearing everyone talk about ICS and ICS Control, but I don't see anywhere we can actually download on Ozone? Where would I find the software? What is the process for setting up on my PC to run as a tethered modem? Sorry if I'm a novice at this, it's just something I've been interested in using recently.
Old 09-09-2009, 05:22 PM
Lurker

drew_san is a n00b

Just downloaded PDA net and tried it on the ozone. getting 1.3Mb download, 296Kb upload. Is that full Rev A speed?
Old 10-05-2009, 11:17 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Omnia i910

DanoB is a n00b
HTC Ozone

Please include this phone soon!
Old 10-11-2009, 06:20 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Hero
Carrier: Sprint

dkirkland is a n00b
Exclamation Re: HTC Ozone

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarheelB&B View Post
I think the issue you are having inst related to your settings. Ignore the blank categories and just start the connection. It is a minor nuisance but the program still works.
I'm a newbie here, But have flashed my old 6700 and 6800 as well as fiddled with my Omnia (very Cool Phone), but I can seem to figure the Ozone out. I have ICS installed and see it on the programs menu but when I open it the categories are blank AND the "Connect" option is grayed out. Any Ideas? Also when I try the "Modem Link" from the programs menu my computer keeps asking for a driver to be installed. Cant seem to find that one either. Any help with this would be appreciated.

My Setup:
XP on a Dell Lattitude D510
ActiveSync 4.5
HTC Ozone
ICSInstall.cab

Thanks!
Old 10-15-2009, 09:09 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: ozone
Carrier: verizonwireless

bigbphone is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by WACOMalt View Post
Thanks, but I already did that. The ##778 menu is set up fine, but no connections are listed in ICS.

I went ahead and bought pdanet. working fine so far. Though I would still like to get this working for the heck of it.
Any luck getting this to show the connections? I tried to install the router program and it says unsuccessful and wont let me install it so my intshrui doesnt work and show a connection type. I did fix my DUN
Old 10-20-2009, 09:31 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: i910 Samsung Omnia

cmseeley is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via MSN to cmseeley

Hi all, I am playing around with a friends new Ozone, and can not get ICS to work.

So I edit the DUN settings as shown in this quote below, and not only get the same results with ics, but then the phone will not connect to the net with internet explorer.

the only change I make is to change mynumber@dun.vzw3g.com to mynumber@vzw3g.com. Basicaly backspace the dun. out!!! After making the change, the net on the phone does not work, changing the setting back does not fix it? I have to hard reset it to get it back

Not sure what to do? Am I missing something? Do you guys have any sugestions?

Thanks in advance for any help

Best

Chris

update--> OK played with it again today, and find that the net does work, just the default home page does not work. LOL... Just assumed that it did not work. So I can get ICS to connect, but it does not share the internet connection. I can not get wmwifirouter to work, it will not actualy create the adhoc network. I can however get DUN through the bluetooth to work at modem speeds.

update 2--> So gave up on this. Flashed winmo6.5 rom, ICS is already on it and works fine. wmwifirouter still does not work, but what can I do?

Thanks again for any help!!!

Chris

Quote:
Originally Posted by njmarchetti View Post
Before you start using Internet Sharing, you need to go into EPST (##778 send) from the Phone Screen,

Choose Edit
Password= 000000,
Press View Info
Select M.IP Default Profile,
Edit DUN NAI and change it to yournumber@vzw3g.com (this should match the above 'NAI' setting.)

Phone will reset. Now try using ICS. Should work fine.

Last edited by cmseeley; 10-22-2009 at 06:26 AM. Reason: update
Old 10-29-2009, 06:51 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: VX6900
Carrier: Verizon Wireles

rybobales is a n00b

Hey thanks tarheelB&B! i had been on the phone with verizon and in a store today for hours and all they wanted me to do was Hard Reset my device till it magically fixed itself, just dialed ##778 and plugged in the numbers for NAI and DUN NAI in the M.IP default profile and it worked right away
Old 11-05-2009, 07:25 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Apple iPhone 8 Plus
Carrier: At&t

mindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to mindfrost82

Here you guys go: http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=133
Old 11-06-2009, 02:27 PM
Lurker

drew_san is a n00b

Now that I have pdanet working, it told me to use the WIFI radio as a wireless router that I had to set it up the network. What I don't understand is how to use the phone untethered as a wifi router. Any posts/ideas would be great. I'm running Win XP Pro on a Lenovo T61.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Smartphones > Devices > HTC Ozone