PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Smartphones > Devices > HTC Ozone

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-26-2009, 10:00 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

zenak is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
HTC Ozone

Been dying to find out more information on this device - I'm in need of a new phone and this showed up yesterday.

has one one had a chance to play with it? Is this a completely new device, or just new to Verizon?
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 06-30-2009, 03:25 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Verizon XV-6700, HTC XV-6175
Carrier: Verizon

tarheelB&B is just getting started
Re: HTC Ozone

i have one being shipped over night tonight and i will let all know what i think of it.
Old 06-30-2009, 08:41 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: XV6700

ibedanny is a n00b

im getting one shipped as-well. ill post too.
Old 06-30-2009, 10:10 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Ozone

Abelis is just getting started

Got mine today. I had a pretty busy day so I had to be a grown up and not spend a lot of time with it. My initial review is positive. I like the feel of the materials, weight and size. The keyboard seems solid as well.

Setup was pretty smooth. I use wireless sync which was a little tricky as they don't preinstall it. There isn't a lot of built-in customization available which was previously reported so I am looking forward to having some time to get to work on it. The phone seems pretty responsive with very little lag in program execution.

I'm coming from an XV 6900 that was fully redone and a Moto Q before that. Blackberry isn't an option for me due to my additional software needs. As far as a WinMo phone so far so good.

More to come.

By the way, with a new every two discount, the phone was free. How can you beat that?

Also use the FREEOVERNT coupon code for free next day shipping.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-01-2009, 11:37 AM
Kokopelli75

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Getting my Ozone today after being a long time Q user. Looking forward to any tweaks people post!
Old 07-01-2009, 07:40 PM
Lurker

HTC OZONE UNBOXING

FedEx delivered my HTC Ozone around 11:30 this morning. First off this thing feels very comfortable in my hand despite it being about 2.5 centimeters wider than my ppc6700. It reminds me a lot of the Motorola Q with a lot less suck. Coming from a touchscreen PPC6700 running WinMo 6.1 Proffessional, the navigation is not as intuitive with the Ozone; but those with non touchscreen experience will be very familiar with the interface. The 5 way navigation is very easy on the fingers with 4 direction "bumps" letting you know you have reached the up/down left/right positions. Turning the phone on there is recognition of the Sim cards instalations and it sets the phone into global mode. Prompting for activation of the device on the network. The keys feel like a soft version of the Palm Pro's. They are a lot smller than my thumbs would care for but I had gotten used to it already. Aside from standard globe trotting assecories, multi country power adapters that is, it comes with this really neat audio device called a multifuntion audi cable. As the Ozone does not have standard headphone or hands free jacks the adapter connects to the bottom mini usb port creating four additional connetions to the phone a usb audio, a handsfree, a standard headphone, and a charging port. The phone does support up to 16 GB micro SD cards. to get to the access port you must remove the battery cove and it is conviniently located on the bottom right corner. The 2 MP camera takes pretty decent pictures in the daylight, with both brightness and white balance controls and a 2x zoom. No flash means no party pics at the Fourth o' July hotel party. The speaker phone quality is superb in my opinon, with no significant squlching or cutouts. The wifi tested out great with both b and g signals. The Rev A EVDO connections was pretty amazing as well. Speakeasy.net had my signal burst at 2.3 mbps. Other than that, expect your usuall WinMo apps. One cool app worth mentioning is the Streaming Media app with full rtsp:\\ support. Streaming live tv from Orb was very smooth with absolutley no buffering once play was started.As for the GPS goes, The ozone is the first verizon Phone with open gps. This is real gps not A-gps. I tested it with Googles mobile map application. Amazingly, it connected to 6 satelites in about 1 minute from insidey apartment. I will test it out with TomTom Navigator later.

To get DUN working with the blazing fast REV A you must do the standard ##PST edit to your login information. You will notice a new login for ppp change that as well to urphone#@vzw3g.com. now ICS control does NOT work nor does WMWIFIROUTER. but usb tethering is wicked fast. I am posting from my phone DUN now and i will post pics in a sec
http://img194.imageshack.us/gal.php?g=dsc02633x.jpg this is the link to my photos
feel free to give thanks

Last edited by tarheelB&B; 07-01-2009 at 08:01 PM.
This post has been thanked 4 times.
Old 07-01-2009, 08:33 PM
Lurker

after some 6 hours of research i have found why icscontrol does not work. the program was written, as i understand from the xda forums, on the basis of a touchscreen end userie WinMo proffessional. This is why it wont work. However, installing the ICS cab from this thread http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...=tethering+vzw seems to make wmwifirouter work. I may have to splurge and buy wifirouter if the developer doesn't fix ICS for the Ozone. I would much rather donate to him than wmwifirouter.
Old 07-07-2009, 12:57 AM
Lurker

HI i have attempted to dump the bin. Here it is for the initiated/knowledgeable i used a tool from xda to do this so i hope it is what ppl need to start customizing their OZONE/Snap
http://cid-2358cd65f286c45d.skydrive...TC%20XV6175.7z
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-10-2009, 12:07 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: ozone
Carrier: verizonwireless

bigbphone is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarheelB&B View Post
HTC OZONE UNBOXING

FedEx delivered my HTC Ozone around 11:30 this morning. First off this thing feels very comfortable in my hand despite it being about 2.5 centimeters wider than my ppc6700. It reminds me a lot of the Motorola Q with a lot less suck. Coming from a touchscreen PPC6700 running WinMo 6.1 Proffessional, the navigation is not as intuitive with the Ozone; but those with non touchscreen experience will be very familiar with the interface. The 5 way navigation is very easy on the fingers with 4 direction "bumps" letting you know you have reached the up/down left/right positions. Turning the phone on there is recognition of the Sim cards instalations and it sets the phone into global mode. Prompting for activation of the device on the network. The keys feel like a soft version of the Palm Pro's. They are a lot smller than my thumbs would care for but I had gotten used to it already. Aside from standard globe trotting assecories, multi country power adapters that is, it comes with this really neat audio device called a multifuntion audi cable. As the Ozone does not have standard headphone or hands free jacks the adapter connects to the bottom mini usb port creating four additional connetions to the phone a usb audio, a handsfree, a standard headphone, and a charging port. The phone does support up to 16 GB micro SD cards. to get to the access port you must remove the battery cove and it is conviniently located on the bottom right corner. The 2 MP camera takes pretty decent pictures in the daylight, with both brightness and white balance controls and a 2x zoom. No flash means no party pics at the Fourth o' July hotel party. The speaker phone quality is superb in my opinon, with no significant squlching or cutouts. The wifi tested out great with both b and g signals. The Rev A EVDO connections was pretty amazing as well. Speakeasy.net had my signal burst at 2.3 mbps. Other than that, expect your usuall WinMo apps. One cool app worth mentioning is the Streaming Media app with full rtsp:\\ support. Streaming live tv from Orb was very smooth with absolutley no buffering once play was started.As for the GPS goes, The ozone is the first verizon Phone with open gps. This is real gps not A-gps. I tested it with Googles mobile map application. Amazingly, it connected to 6 satelites in about 1 minute from insidey apartment. I will test it out with TomTom Navigator later.

To get DUN working with the blazing fast REV A you must do the standard ##PST edit to your login information. You will notice a new login for ppp change that as well to urphone#@vzw3g.com. now ICS control does NOT work nor does WMWIFIROUTER. but usb tethering is wicked fast. I am posting from my phone DUN now and i will post pics in a sec
http://img194.imageshack.us/gal.php?g=dsc02633x.jpg this is the link to my photos
feel free to give thanks
For some reason my phone is not picking up RA its just EVDO. My DUN had
urphone#@dun.vzw3g.com so we should change that?
Old 07-14-2009, 06:28 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: THE INCREDIBLE "DROID I"
Carrier: Veriz-off

naejae730 is just getting started

Verizon just shipped out a FREE Ozone my way because I've had 2 malfaunctioning Omnias. Although I haven't actually seen the phone in person yet I'm excited because it looks part Blackberry (which I won't purchase because I don't get the hype) and part Moto Q (a phone I had a few years ago). The Omnia was a great phone-when it worked but it's a touchscreen. Previously, I had the xv6800 which I also loved. I sure hope I don't miss the touch capability.

I'll keep you all posted and hope you will do the same....

"The difference between a SMART person and a WISE person is that a SMART person knows what to say, and a WISE person knows whether to say it or not".
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Smartphones > Devices > HTC Ozone