Old 10-20-2009, 09:31 PM
cmseeley
PPCGeeks Regular

cmseeley is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to cmseeley
Re: HTC Ozone

Hi all, I am playing around with a friends new Ozone, and can not get ICS to work.

So I edit the DUN settings as shown in this quote below, and not only get the same results with ics, but then the phone will not connect to the net with internet explorer.

the only change I make is to change mynumber@dun.vzw3g.com to mynumber@vzw3g.com. Basicaly backspace the dun. out!!! After making the change, the net on the phone does not work, changing the setting back does not fix it? I have to hard reset it to get it back

Not sure what to do? Am I missing something? Do you guys have any sugestions?

Thanks in advance for any help

Best

Chris

update--> OK played with it again today, and find that the net does work, just the default home page does not work. LOL... Just assumed that it did not work. So I can get ICS to connect, but it does not share the internet connection. I can not get wmwifirouter to work, it will not actualy create the adhoc network. I can however get DUN through the bluetooth to work at modem speeds.

update 2--> So gave up on this. Flashed winmo6.5 rom, ICS is already on it and works fine. wmwifirouter still does not work, but what can I do?

Thanks again for any help!!!

Chris

Quote:
Originally Posted by njmarchetti View Post
Before you start using Internet Sharing, you need to go into EPST (##778 send) from the Phone Screen,

Choose Edit
Password= 000000,
Press View Info
Select M.IP Default Profile,
Edit DUN NAI and change it to yournumber@vzw3g.com (this should match the above 'NAI' setting.)

Phone will reset. Now try using ICS. Should work fine.

Last edited by cmseeley; 10-22-2009 at 06:26 AM. Reason: update