PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Imagio
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-24-2009, 03:32 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Imagio
Carrier: Verizon

thepolishguy knows their stuffthepolishguy knows their stuffthepolishguy knows their stuffthepolishguy knows their stuffthepolishguy knows their stuffthepolishguy knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Stuck buttons

i had a button stuck down (the red button). i got it un-stuck (also ripped the button off in the process- lame). but it works and didn't feel like getting a used phone when mine is like 30 days old.
Old 12-24-2009, 03:49 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Tilt
Carrier: ATT

Scottee28 is a n00b

Yes my Send key was stuck down, Verizon replaced original unit with a new unit since I was in my 30 day return policy. Keys seem ok now, thing is I never really used the Send key, but noticed one day it was stuck down. I purchased mine online and during the holiday period so I believe I have 60 day return policy due to the holiday promotion.
Old 12-30-2009, 06:54 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Whitestone

w0rdie is becoming a PPCGeeks regularw0rdie is becoming a PPCGeeks regularw0rdie is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I've had 4 Imagios so far... all of them with stuck keys. If it happens again I'm going to have to jump ship.
Old 12-30-2009, 08:46 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

johncal is becoming a great contributor

Just got my replacement today. Phone 1 had a bad light gap so I had it replaced. Phone 2 also had a light gap, but not as bad. worked for 3 weeks then end key broke and got stuck down. The new phone had no gap. Buttons are tight almost no light leak at all.

I'm going to try a different style case that won't allow the buttons to get pressed. We'll see, but I'm a bit skeptical.

It's too bad about the button issues, since the rest of the phone rocks.
Old 01-01-2010, 05:22 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Imagio
Carrier: VZW

Laserbeme is a n00b

Haven't had the problem with my Imagio, yet, at least. But I did have similar problems with my Vogue back in the day... The buttons one day just kinda lost the "crisp" feeling and I wasn't sure whether or not I pressed them, so I'd have to keep hitting them until I saw the screen change. Frustrating.
Old 01-02-2010, 05:36 PM
TyD
N00b

TyD is a n00b

My end button is stuck.. I just got this Like new replacement due to the LCD leaking.. Will have to call on monday for replacement number two..
Old 01-03-2010, 12:56 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

johncal is becoming a great contributor

Guys, I would suggest SPB backup. That's what I use. If you have to keep changing out phones, this makes it absolutely painless as far as getting your new phone set up. You'll be restored and up and running in 5 minutes with a phone just like your original. Just put your SD card in the new phone, go to file explorer and click on the backup file and follow instructions (like 3 clicks). It works great. I'm not afraid to screw up my phone with trying stuff on the board now. I would up restoring times the one day when I was getting brave..... just a thought. It cost me $20 bucks and it was the best $20 I spent.
Old 01-03-2010, 11:30 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

liquidi3ladz is keeping up the good workliquidi3ladz is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by maisonpulaski View Post
i had a button stuck down (the red button). i got it un-stuck (also ripped the button off in the process- lame). but it works and didn't feel like getting a used phone when mine is like 30 days old.
My send key is stuck, and I'm curious how you went about fixing it? (my button about to be ripped off too)
Old 01-04-2010, 02:33 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

liquidi3ladz is keeping up the good workliquidi3ladz is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by liquidi3ladz View Post
My send key is stuck, and I'm curious how you went about fixing it? (my button about to be ripped off too)
I fixed my stuck button! Pretty much I ripped the button off, you'll see this clear circular spring gel kind of thing that goes over the hardware button on the board offsetted. All I did was used a pocket knife to recenter the clear piece, and used doublesided tape to tape the button back on. problem solved.
Old 01-04-2010, 11:56 PM
N00b

marcvalme knows their stuffmarcvalme knows their stuffmarcvalme knows their stuffmarcvalme knows their stuffmarcvalme knows their stuffmarcvalme knows their stuff

I had the same stuck windows key issue, I bought my phone on black friday ( great deal, paid 200 and received 100 dollar rebate check) 3 weeks later I'm stuck with a certified used and a slight light gap, on the buttons, apparently given the frequency of this issue it wont be long until it happens again

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Imagio