PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Imagio
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-17-2009, 03:31 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Imagio
Carrier: Verizon

fwaits knows their stufffwaits knows their stufffwaits knows their stufffwaits knows their stufffwaits knows their stufffwaits knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: ActiveSync in Windows 7 Pro?

As mentioned make sure you have WMDC first. Then on your phone go to Settings -> All Settings -> Connections -> USB to PC and make sure Activesync is selected and not Disk Drive. If you chose Disk Drive option when you first plugged it in and checked the box to not ask again you will always use this mode which does not work to sync to the device, only the Storage Card. You should be ok with the Enable faster data synch option checked, but try it without if you have problems. If the PC says it needs to connect to Windows Update, let it do so and you should get the proper drivers installed.
Old 11-17-2009, 02:10 PM
meanngreen

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Another thing. Use the usb connections located in the back of the computer. I was having a lot of trouble with mine last night and switched. The front usb connections didn't have enough power it seems. That's really odd. When I had XP on my computer I never had that problem, but I also didn't have the Imagio. I had a Touch Pro, Diamond, 6800, and 6900. I'm wondering if the imagio just uses more power to sync?
Old 11-17-2009, 02:30 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Imagio
Carrier: Verizon

fwaits knows their stufffwaits knows their stufffwaits knows their stufffwaits knows their stufffwaits knows their stufffwaits knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by meanngreen View Post
Another thing. Use the usb connections located in the back of the computer. I was having a lot of trouble with mine last night and switched. The front usb connections didn't have enough power it seems. That's really odd. When I had XP on my computer I never had that problem, but I also didn't have the Imagio. I had a Touch Pro, Diamond, 6800, and 6900. I'm wondering if the imagio just uses more power to sync?
That's a good point, I have seen some USB devices (not just phones) that don't seem to work well on certain hubs (front case panel, monitor ports, etc), but then work fine on the built-in ports off the motherboard in back of the PC. Worth a shot for sure.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Imagio