PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Imagio
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-12-2010, 12:22 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Imagio
Carrier: Verizon

dwittmier is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: How to unlock GPS on Verizon HTC Imagio

Just to reinforce what others have said. I do not subscribe to VZ Navigator. I have Google Maps, AmaZe, and Bing all loaded and they all work fine with the internal GPS (which is not and never was locked). I also have speedometer and altimeter programs and a tracking program, all of which work beautifully.
Old 01-12-2010, 01:33 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Imagio

drhankz is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by digi View Post
Try going to http://m.google.com/gmm from your phone with IE instead of opera, you should be able to download the cab no problem then. And yes, GPS is completely unlocked and will work with bing, google maps, tom tom, garmin, or any other GPS app you need. Just make sure Location settings are on and QuickGPS has been updated.
BLOW IS THE URL to the Google Maps Cab

http://www.google.com/gmm/GoogleMaps.CAB

You can download the CAB to your PC and use Active Sync
to copy it to your Imagio and then use File Explorer to
INSTALL it from the Phone.
Old 01-12-2010, 01:39 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Imagio

fluidj is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrpostmansav View Post
I just got an HTC IMAGIO yesterday and the sales rep pointed out the internal GPS is locked into the VZ Navigator program. I just tried to visit M.GOOGLE.COM and download the mobile google apps and the site gave me the message that " your device is not supported " - does this sound correct to any of you guys?
thanks!
Go back and tell your sales rep that he/she's and idiot.
Matter of fact, give me their phone number and i'll use google maps to locate their store and get directions using the GPS, and i'll go tell them that myself.
Old 01-12-2010, 03:17 PM
N00b

dwittmier is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluidj View Post
Go back and tell your sales rep that he/she's and idiot.
Matter of fact, give me their phone number and i'll use google maps to locate their store and get directions using the GPS, and i'll go tell them that myself.
Old 03-31-2010, 10:30 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

Rudeseal is a n00b

Go into your settings and go to "Location". Make sure the "Location service Settings" is turned ON and that there is a checkmark next to "HTC LOCATION SERICE". Finally, make sure that there is NO Checkmark on the "Automatically decline location service..."

You will have to shut down then restart (do not need to do a soft reset).

If it still does not work, you may need to manually configure the GPS comm port (the intermediate service does not always work). Go into Settings, then select ALL Settings, then System, then select "External GPS". in the "Programs" tab select a comm port(I chose Comm 4) then click OK, in the "ACCESS" tab, make sure the checkbox is CHECKED.. Again, shut down your phone then bring it back up.

Once it is restarted go into bing and select menu then settingsand on the GPS window, it should be defaulted to "GPS Intermediate Driver", change this to "Comm 4" (or whatever Comm Port you set your gps to).

Under Google Maps, do the same thing. Start it, then select "Menu" then "Options" then "GPS Settings". It should be defaulted to "Managed by Windows".. if this does not work, then change to "Set Manually" and then choose "Comm 4"..

It should all be working now.
Old 05-20-2010, 01:54 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Amagio

AdamKski is a n00b

My gps appears to be working, but the 'location' page is still grayed out?? Bing shows my location when I check 'track me via gps'. Maybe this is what is creating some of this confusion for people. Maybe a programming glitch in the UI that grays out the page even though it's actually on?? I have 'LOCATION ON' set , not 911 Only, in the settings and 'LOCATION' still grayed out and looks to be off.....

I just loaded 'LocateMe' and it show coordinates and lists connection to 9 of 10 satellites. I've also loaded MR1.

Last edited by AdamKski; 05-20-2010 at 02:05 PM.
Old 05-21-2010, 01:37 PM
Mr. Chevy
Pocket PC: Kaiser, XV6800, Ozone, & TP2
Carrier: Linearly polarized plane waves in LTE modulation

drewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

What location page? So since bing works what is your issue? Are you making a statement or asking a question?
Old 06-10-2010, 04:34 PM
Lurker

Makeril is a n00b

I had the same issue for some 3 to 5 days now trying to figure out how to fix gps on the imagio. I turned on location on, and did every com change possible. I did everything suggested but was still unable to get any gps connection...I found a post yesterday with a gps tool that works perfectly. By installing the two cab files that are attached then you shouldk be able to fix your as I did with mine. This makes me wonder if its a phone problem or is it a target by VZW. Anyways I hope this helps those people who had the same problem...o and make sure ur bluetooth is on...switched mines off and forgot
HTC_GPS_Tool.cab

HTC_GPS_Tool_1.2.2.11.cab

Last edited by Makeril; 06-10-2010 at 04:37 PM.
Old 06-14-2010, 10:33 AM
Mr. Chevy
Pocket PC: Kaiser, XV6800, Ozone, & TP2
Carrier: Linearly polarized plane waves in LTE modulation

drewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

why install both cabs. They are both the same program just different versions
Old 06-14-2010, 08:24 PM
Lurker

Makeril is a n00b
Talking Re: How to unlock GPS on Verizon HTC Imagio

I found that they work well when both installed...have no idea if installing the 1.2 version would work as well as it does for me so I installed both...I'm normally wrong but as long as I get it working

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Imagio