PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Imagio
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-12-2010, 12:00 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC Incredible ,HTC Imagio
Carrier: Verizon

jbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Official Imagio HSPL Speculation and Q/A Thread

The main reason I want the HSPL is so I can get rid of the Verizon and/or third party bloatware . When all that is gone you really increase your available RAM. Like you two said , the Imagio does already have 99% of what I use everyday and is fast , but you never know what is out there to try until you see the kitchens. I don't need all the eye candy either , but would like to lose the memory leak and resulting lag. I would love to have the Sense 2.1 without the bloatware and duplicate files. If another great rom comes along then I would be able to give it a try , if we have the HSPL.
Radio
1.39.00.0627r
Old 03-12-2010, 12:04 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Imagio
Carrier: verizon

bigdog008 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbh00jh View Post
The main reason I want the HSPL is so I can get rid of the Verizon and/or third party bloatware . When all that is gone you really increase your available RAM. Like you two said , the Imagio does already have 99% of what I use everyday and is fast , but you never know what is out there to try until you see the kitchens. I don't need all the eye candy either , but would like to lose the memory leak and resulting lag. I would love to have the Sense 2.1 without the bloatware and duplicate files. If another great rom comes along then I would be able to give it a try , if we have the HSPL.
agreed... the guys here have done a great job... HSPL would be great, but not holding my breath...

again, i'll believe it when i see it...
Old 03-12-2010, 12:19 PM
BlackBerry Hater
Pocket PC: All Cdma HTC's
Carrier: $0 VZW Emp Demo

Getitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Talked briefly to cmonex last night. She is alive and well to squash all the rumors and has had company in town for the last week or so and hasn't had time to finish the hardspl. Hopefully we can get together in the next few days to finish up testing.
Old 03-12-2010, 12:28 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Imagio

dedi2034 is becoming a great contributor

I have to somewhat agree with CBREZE. I was always flashing my touch pro, and mostly went back with nrgz28's energy rom. Once you start flashing, you try several different cooked roms. I was excited about getting a HSPL when i first got my imagio. But after customizing it with what i wanted, phone ex, and finger keyboard, and couple other minor apps, i am pretty satisfied with my phone. The only downfall is memory. I would like to get all the bloatware off the phone. If i recall right, conflipper had a touch pro rom for alltel that was basically the same thing, only with all the bloatware gone. That is what i would like to see happen for the imagio.
Old 03-12-2010, 12:31 PM
Almost a VIP

jbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by drellisdee View Post
Talked briefly to cmonex last night. She is alive and well to squash all the rumors and has had company in town for the last week or so and hasn't had time to finish the hardspl. Hopefully we can get together in the next few days to finish up testing.
OUTSTANDING !
Old 03-12-2010, 02:51 PM
Regular 'Geeker

gcianc is becoming a great contributor

what "verizon bloatware" actually uses RAM that isn't already removable? Not sure I really see any on my Imagio.

the irony is that most ROMs have the motherload of bloatware TouchFlo or worse SenseUI.
#1 smartphone annoyance: wasting 40% of home screen on a clock.
FINALLY! - with Windows Phone 7 Series... we are taking accountability for the entire experience. That means you will not see layers, like HTC Sense or TouchFLO built on top of the UI by OEMs or MOs (mobile operators). - Aaron Woodman, Microsoft Director of Consumer Experiences
Old 03-12-2010, 03:00 PM
BlackBerry Hater
Pocket PC: All Cdma HTC's
Carrier: $0 VZW Emp Demo

Getitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by dedi2034 View Post
I have to somewhat agree with CBREZE. I was always flashing my touch pro, and mostly went back with nrgz28's energy rom. Once you start flashing, you try several different cooked roms. I was excited about getting a HSPL when i first got my imagio. But after customizing it with what i wanted, phone ex, and finger keyboard, and couple other minor apps, i am pretty satisfied with my phone. The only downfall is memory. I would like to get all the bloatware off the phone. If i recall right, conflipper had a touch pro rom for alltel that was basically the same thing, only with all the bloatware gone. That is what i would like to see happen for the imagio.
That would be very easy to do and I was considering making a stock rebuild with a newer com2 sys than the 3.04 update and remove all the bloatware as a side project rom. I'll look at it if their is enough interest and have already done most of the work like removing the vcast tv files from oem drivers and making them into a cab so the user can install if needed.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-12-2010, 03:17 PM
Almost a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by drellisdee View Post
That would be very easy to do and I was considering making a stock rebuild with a newer com2 sys than the 3.04 update and remove all the bloatware as a side project rom. I'll look at it if their is enough interest and have already done most of the work like removing the vcast tv files from oem drivers and making them into a cab so the user can install if needed.
I think a stock rebuild with a newer com2 sys minus the bloatware would be great for the crowd that doesn't need all the optional eye candy. I'll take speed and stability over looks any day. If you want some of the other stuff you can always add the .cabs.
Old 03-12-2010, 03:19 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

robocrop is becoming a great contributor

A "stock" just the basics ROM would be great.
Old 03-12-2010, 04:27 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

forevr5688 is a n00b

Can you also test if TV out will work? Sorry if this has been asked before but the search feature doesn't like me.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Imagio