PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Imagio
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-11-2010, 07:57 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Imagio
Carrier: Verizon

makryger is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Official Imagio HSPL Speculation and Q/A Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravewolf View Post
I have a sense of humor, however, there was no hint of humour in his post. What I am not is a mind reader.
Respectfully disagree. First off, Cmonex is not in the US so the BBB is pointless. Secondly, there were a bunch of happy smileys after the post.
Old 03-11-2010, 08:00 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

daroga is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravewolf View Post
I have a sense of humor, however, there was no hint of humour in his post. What I am not is a mind reader.
Quote:
Originally Posted by awanderingsoul83 View Post
Really? You couldn't get that he was joking from a string of farcical emoticons?
Old 03-11-2010, 08:06 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC Incredible ,HTC Imagio

jbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

You guys keep it up and cmonex is going to put you ALL in TIME OUT.
Radio
1.39.00.0627r
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-11-2010, 08:08 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Carrier: Big Red V

fortycal is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by daroga View Post
Really? You couldn't get that he was joking from a string of farcical emoticons?

HAHAH seriously right? wow some of these posts are remedial
Old 03-11-2010, 10:10 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Imagio

robocrop is becoming a great contributor

For as long as we are waiting, does that mean cmonex has already put us in a time out? Does one of us threatening to goto the Droid or TP2 restart the time out? Please dont tell mom or send a note home!

Chill yall!! I cant understand my wife any more. I transferred 2.5 b brain cells to this thread.
Old 03-12-2010, 12:28 AM
Halfway to VIP Status

thepolishguy knows their stuffthepolishguy knows their stuffthepolishguy knows their stuffthepolishguy knows their stuffthepolishguy knows their stuffthepolishguy knows their stuff

Yeah- and just a few pages back everyone was talking about how chilled this thread was. Then- BAM!! The sparks are flying. What happened to all our love, peace and harmony? Ahhh.

Code:
"I will believe it when I see it"
****IMPORTANT**** IF YOU COPY AND PASTE THE ABOVE CODE TO YOUR WINDOWS DIRECTORY IT WILL UNLOCK YOUR PHONE

Please note the smilies- they convey an important message as to the reality of this post.
Old 03-12-2010, 01:55 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Imagio, HTC Fuze
Carrier: AT&T

awanderingsoul83 is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by daroga View Post
Seriously. And I thought i was overdoing it. Guess I need to put 6 smilies in size 7 font. i bought an imagio knowing there would be a wait. if i was impatient, i would have just spent the extra for the HTC HD.(Using the Imagio unlocked on AT&T)

o
Old 03-12-2010, 03:31 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Imagio

heydr is keeping up the good workheydr is keeping up the good work

sometimes i am on here looking at some of the cool stuff jmart has done or whatever else is going on and i stumble on posts like some of these..

they make me wonder, do any of these people complaing have a job, go to school? have a wife? anything? sheesh.

dont get me wrong tho, im obsessed with this phone and all, but idk.
Old 03-12-2010, 10:00 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Imagio / Titan VX6800

larry0071 is just getting started

I'm kind of excited about this woman doing this for us and making the Imagio better, but what I wonder is what can be better?

I kind of really like my Imagio with the tweaks I have done. (Thanks to many of you folks here, and especially to Humpa whos major thread with all the links was my start!) I find the Imagio to be a fantastic phone. I can't imagine much that can be done that could be better except for one thing I saw in a bar last week that a guy had. He had his Droid out on the bar and I had the Imagio. we started talking about them and handed them back and forth for inspection. As we talked we agreed that they had similar abilities and he admitted that he never saw an Imagio before and he prefered the feel of the Imagio in his hand as well as agreeing that he NEVER uses the physical keyboard. He is not a young kid at all, and he preferes the touch key board. I did ask his profession and he told me he is a "day trader" and has been doing this for a living for about 15 years. I would guess he is upper 40's. Anyways... after some talking (and beer drinking) he did show me one thing that was totally unreal cool....

He asked me for something, anything, that I would like him search for on the I-Net. I said 2003 SVT Cobra. He held the Droid to his mouth and inside a bar with about 20 folks talking and music playing he said in a very normal tone/speed "2003 SVT Cobra" and the Droid displayed this osciliscope type thing and then opened Goggle and searched for exactly that! I was floored!

So I mentioned that he must have spent a lot of time teaching it his voice. He said nope! Next he handed it to me and said "Here, you try it!" I did and it worked perfect! Again, I was floored. I have to type anything I want to search into my google app on the home screen. Anytime I try to use voice commands for dialing, my phone sucks at understanding what I say. This feature... the droid trumps my Imagio big time!

That is it. That is the only thing I have yet to see that anyone can do that makes me green with envy. Other than that... what can this HSPL unlock do to my Imagio to make it closer to perfect, I mean.... it's dang close already!

One other thing I wish for is that I want a You Tube app that I can log into with my account and reply to comments and see my suggested videos and all that. I hate that the You Tube application is a generic you tube application and not able to be personalized. I am kind of addicted to you tube!
Old 03-12-2010, 11:11 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: RazrMaxx
Carrier: vzw

cbreze is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcbreze is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcbreze is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

" what can this HSPL unlock do to my Imagio to make it closer to perfect, I mean.... it's dang close already!"

Interesting post and it's amazing who/what one runs into in a bar.
To respond to your above quote that I copied: This is only my opinion and I'm very in the minority here, but, unless your into sense 2.5 and other ram hungry eye candy that will cause slower device responses I'd just stay put. I'm not terribly excited about being able to run cooked roms and that is what the hspl is all about. It will unlock your phone to allow it to run custom,cooked roms. Again, only my personal opinion, but after flashing dozens of times my TP2 , I am back on the verizon stock oem 6.1 rom and have a device that is faster and more stable than any cooked rom I tried. I tried most all of them. They are very good and the chefs spend lots of time on them and are very skilled at their craft. I just find that if I want stability,speed and no hassles like freeze-ups and resets then 6.1 is for me. I think verizon hit a home run with their oem on the TP2.
Now we're talking Imagio here not TP2. Again, my opinion only and FWIT, but my Imagio runs fine as is. It is pretty quick(for 6.5)and I think it to be fine the way it is. I actually wish a 6.1 would be available for it and I might flash to that. For me the diff between 6.1 and 6.5 is program memory, free available ram. My imagio and tp2 are identical operating systems except for the rom. My 6.1 tp2 is way faster with 129mb free available ram on boot. My Imagio on boot has 97mb at the most. That 32 more mb is the diff between 6.5 and 6.1 and a big difference in speed and stability.
Everybody seems to think that 6.5 is so fantastic, well IMHO it's not better for my usage habits and what I need a phone to do. It was barely an inclemental upgrade from 6.1 and it depends on who your talking to if it's better or worse.
That said, I wouldn't worry about about jumping on the upgrade parade to quick. Take a wait and see and if your imagio is doing what you need, utilizing the available tweaks then just hang with it and enjoy. You can always upgrade later. I think verizon hit a double home run with their tp2 and imagio, maybe they learned from the tp-1 fiasco. The hspl may be a no show anyway then all this is a moot point. It's been final tested and coming "tomorrow" for quite sometime.
Between my tp2 and imagio I'm set until wps7 comes around. At that point it may be decision time. ....cheers

Last edited by cbreze; 03-12-2010 at 11:14 AM.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Imagio