PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > Legacy HTC Android Devices > HTC Hero
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-12-2009, 09:32 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Hero
Carrier: sprint

mbaseball3 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
More frills?

Just wondering if theres a wireless charging unit for our hero's? Like the palm pre has.... Just like the palm pre has. thought itd be cool to throw it on a pad and let her charge.

Hero is flying
Old 11-12-2009, 11:19 PM
Kind of a BIG Deal
Pocket PC: HTC EVO
Carrier: SPRINT

athlet1c knows their stuffathlet1c knows their stuffathlet1c knows their stuffathlet1c knows their stuffathlet1c knows their stuffathlet1c knows their stuffathlet1c knows their stuffathlet1c knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to athlet1c Send a message via Yahoo to athlet1c Send a message via Skype™ to athlet1c
Re: More frills?

Saw that in Bestbuy for the BB Palm and Iphone. I believe it has to have some type of Hardware Pre installed on the unit
Thank a Fellow Geeker If you have been helped by hitting the button below
Old 11-12-2009, 11:41 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 3D
Carrier: Sprint

princem131 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularprincem131 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularprincem131 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularprincem131 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to princem131 Send a message via Yahoo to princem131

Quote:
Originally Posted by athlet1c View Post
Saw that in Bestbuy for the BB Palm and Iphone. I believe it has to have some type of Hardware Pre installed on the unit
There's a mat that can charge various devices like that, but requires special backs or batteries for the device. I don't think there's one for the Hero yet and don't know if there will be, but honestly I don't think its worth it. The Pre one is nice because it OEM made specifically for the Pre. The 3rd party ones don't look right on the phone IMO

Edit: Here it is: http://www.powermat.com/us/products/
Old 12-20-2009, 12:36 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Hero

pkcppcnut is a n00b

The power mat comes with an adapter so you can charge a unit without a specialized case. It's a small block that sits on the powermat and has a short cord coming off of it to plug into your phone. The cord is short and the phone will sit on the mat. The Pre has this tech built into the phone.
Old 12-20-2009, 12:39 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Hero - Fresh ROM

flipzmode is a VIPflipzmode is a VIPflipzmode is a VIPflipzmode is a VIPflipzmode is a VIPflipzmode is a VIPflipzmode is a VIPflipzmode is a VIPflipzmode is a VIPflipzmode is a VIPflipzmode is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by pkcppcnut View Post
The power mat comes with an adapter so you can charge a unit without a specialized case. It's a small block that sits on the powermat and has a short cord coming off of it to plug into your phone. The cord is short and the phone will sit on the mat. The Pre has this tech built into the phone.
So basically you are still plugging it in? haha. Yea, the power mat would be the closest thing but as others said it requires you to purchase the mat, and then also an extra piece for your phone which doesn't exist for the Hero yet and will just make it bulkier.
Old 12-20-2009, 06:41 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Jeanidoriurne
Carrier: http://amateurcam.ipublish.no/?p=4

Jeanidoriurne is a n00b
More frills

I know the economy is tanking and people have alot less money to spend this year but not everyone is in the same boat. This year I have alot more money to spend and we are getting better gifts for everyone. I am even picking up some stuff for myself, I already got the 300 laptop Walmart had and am still going to pick up a blu ray and home theater system for myself on friday.

My GF and I decided to give up our house, its not that we couldnt make the payments We had never missed one. We talked about our future and next year she will be going back to school. We really dont need a house and we figured that when she finishes with school we can get a better one. So now that we no longer have a 2500 mortgage we have alot more money to spend on other things. I have already payed off my car and about 5000 in debt. We still have about 15000 more but we are working hard to pay that off and start from scratch.

Does anyone else have extra this year?
Old 12-20-2009, 08:15 PM
White Monster > Red Bull
Pocket PC: Clean S4 - Development stopped - xposed mod
Carrier: AT&T

thacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via AIM to thacounty Send a message via MSN to thacounty Send a message via Skype™ to thacounty
Re: More frills

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeanidoriurne View Post
I know the economy is tanking and people have alot less money to spend this year but not everyone is in the same boat. This year I have alot more money to spend and we are getting better gifts for everyone. I am even picking up some stuff for myself, I already got the 300 laptop Walmart had and am still going to pick up a blu ray and home theater system for myself on friday.

My GF and I decided to give up our house, its not that we couldnt make the payments We had never missed one. We talked about our future and next year she will be going back to school. We really dont need a house and we figured that when she finishes with school we can get a better one. So now that we no longer have a 2500 mortgage we have alot more money to spend on other things. I have already payed off my car and about 5000 in debt. We still have about 15000 more but we are working hard to pay that off and start from scratch.

Does anyone else have extra this year?
Hahaha this is the funniest spam ever.

Why would you not need a house? You always need a house unless you can't afford it or are moving. It is better to build equity when you can. I have no idea why you posted this here? Are you bragging about your ability to pay bills? If you have so much extra money I will accept a donation hahaha.
Old 12-21-2009, 11:30 AM
ott
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

ott is keeping up the good workott is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by thacounty View Post

Why would you not need a house? You always need a house unless you can't afford it or are moving. It is better to build equity when you can. I have no idea why you posted this here? Are you bragging about your ability to pay bills? If you have so much extra money I will accept a donation hahaha.

I'll take some extra cash off your hands as well! woohoo! lol... Id10t error...
Old 12-21-2009, 02:36 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Hero
Carrier: sprint
Threadstarter

mbaseball3 is becoming a great contributor

what moron actually takes time to register just to post stupid chit like this? a failure at life. that's who. FAIL!
Old 12-21-2009, 07:51 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: heroc

themayer78 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by thacounty View Post

+5... new medication?

ps. My g/f and I signed up for herbalife. We figure we can get by on water and vitamins.
I'M GOING TO DISNEYLAND!!!
Who's with me?

pps. 27bslash6.com - careful, don't pee your pants.

Last edited by themayer78; 12-22-2009 at 10:00 AM.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > Legacy HTC Android Devices > HTC Hero